Will an airdog from a Cummins work on an LBZ? - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
06-07 LBZ & LLY Performance Parts Discussion Discussion of Performance Parts For the 06-07.5 LBZ/LLY Duramax Trucks No Advertising

3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-01-2019, 01:43 PM Thread Starter
DuramaxForum n00b

Will an airdog from a Cummins work on an LBZ?

Hello everyone,
I have an LBZ that has an airdog raptor lift pump installed. I just bought this truck in July and it runs like a champ! This morning I went to key on the truck and I noticed that the raptor lift pump was not running.
I have a brand new airdog lift pump with the two filter set up for a Cummins I bought last year but never installed. That Cummins has had issues so the brand new pump has just been sitting around collecting dust. I was wondering if I could use this lift pump on the LBZ? I know I would have to make a new bracket to mount it to the frame, thatís no big deal. But as far as the pump itself, it should be the same set up across the board correct? Please let me know if this is confusing or I need to clarify.

Thanks guys

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

07 LBZ CCLB in Graystone Metallic
Leveling keys, CAT fuel filter and oil filter, ARP headstuds, stage 2 Garrett turbo, PCV reroute, Raptor lift pump, Edge CTS monitor, EFI live, EGR delete
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-01-2019, 01:46 PM Thread Starter
DuramaxForum n00b

Additionally, I have plenty of hose to run a new pump as well. That shouldnít be an issue either. I just want to see if the pumps are the same across the board from airdog. I feel like the only difference between kits for different trucks would be the bracket, amount of hose supplied, and potentially the wiring harness? Thatís what may not be compatible but I already have the harness from the raptor

Leveling keys, CAT fuel filter and oil filter, ARP headstuds, stage 2 Garrett turbo, PCV reroute, Raptor lift pump, Edge CTS monitor, EFI live, EGR delete
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 03:43 AM
Duramax Lifetime Supporter

Id direct that question to Air Dog, but Im betting they will tell you the only differences are in the mounting and hose connections
Dales Super Store likes this.

2008 Silverado 2500HD CCSB LTZ Diesel
FASS 95 Lift Pump (with Baldwin filters), Edge Insight CTS Monitor on a Windshield Mount, Nicktane Fuel Filter Adapter w/ CAT 306-9199 UHE tertiary fuel filter, Bilstein 5100 Stock Height, Bushwacker Bed Rail Caps, AMP Research Bedstep, Fumoto oil drain valve, Dorman PS Oil cooler, Pioneer AVIC 7200NEX GPS/Stereo, Air Lift LoadLifter 5000 Air Bags.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 05:48 AM
HWI

I believe the output pressure on that Cummins lift pump is going to be higher than you want it. I don't know much about the Airdogs, but as long as you can adjust the output pressure down below 10psi you should be fine.

06 LBZ CCSB
With some stuff.
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 12:15 PM Thread Starter
DuramaxForum n00b

Thanks for the info guys!

post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 12:17 PM Thread Starter
DuramaxForum n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by HWI View Post
I believe the output pressure on that Cummins lift pump is going to be higher than you want it. I don't know much about the Airdogs, but as long as you can adjust the output pressure down below 10psi you should be fine.

Is that what the lift pump pressure should be on the duramax? About 10 PSI? And also, I will try to drive as little as I can, but until I get the pump installed, do you guys think it would be okay to drive? I know the CP3 would work harder though but when it went out my rail pressure didnít appear to be out of whack

post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 12:28 PM
DuramaxForum n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaro9991 View Post
Is that what the lift pump pressure should be on the duramax? About 10 PSI? And also, I will try to drive as little as I can, but until I get the pump installed, do you guys think it would be okay to drive? I know the CP3 would work harder though but when it went out my rail pressure didnít appear to be out of whack

10psi? mine came factory set on 19 and has been like that for a few years with no problems at all

post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 08:01 PM Thread Starter
DuramaxForum n00b

So 10 is too low? What would recommended be then?

post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 08:17 PM
DuramaxForum n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaro9991 View Post
So 10 is too low? What would recommended be then?

Iím not sure. Youíve got me worried mines set to high lol. But to be honest when you think about it all the lift pump is doing is supplying fuel to the cp4 so as long as itís a positive pressure under a good load it should be good. And the un used fuel is recirculated back into the tank so if Iím thinking about it correctly with mine being set at 19 Iím probably working the pump a lot harder then it needs to be considering with my truck with a 18k trailer in the mountains the fuel pressure drops about 2-4psi on a steep grade so 10psi should be plenty unless you see fuel pressure drop to 0 when under a load are hard acceleration then I would turn it up so it doesnít drop below 5psi.

post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 08:21 PM Thread Starter
DuramaxForum n00b

We are all freaking each other out! Haha but that was my next question...should it be turned up if it is 0 at WOT. Like someone earlier said tho itís worth a phone call

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in