hello ,i m try to locate second vaccum hose - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
06-07 LBZ & LLY Performance Parts Discussion Discussion of Performance Parts For the 06-07.5 LBZ/LLY Duramax Trucks No Advertising

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-04-2019, 10:15 AM Thread Starter

hello ,i m try to locate second vaccum hose

hello gang
.i have savana gmc 2006 6.6 diesel.

under hood to near battery left side i m see 1 hose ,,splitt to y is detach each side is vaccum ,, my control of heater dont move .

i have attach short side hose to bolw to under battery .

i dont say where to connect next side hose.

someone can help me.

marc lapointe
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-04-2019, 11:49 AM
DuramaxForum Enthusiast

Welcome.

I'm going to guess that English isn't your primary language.

So your heater vacuum controls don't work and you have found a loose vacuum line under the hood, near the left side battery. Left being determined as you sit in the driver's seat, not as you see the engine from in front of the van. Since I don't know where you are I can't be sure if you have right hand drive or left hand drive but if you have left hand drive like in the US then there shouldn't be anything under the left side battery.

Let's assume that either you mean the right side (US passenger side). Under there is an electrically operated vacuum pump and a reservoir. The reservoir is a ball about the size of a large grape fruit. There should be a vacuum hose that goes from the pump to a Y fitting. From the Y fitting it goes to the reservoir and to the heater controls. You will have to look around to see what is disconnected but since you haven't been able to find it yet I would suppose it goes to the reservoir. The fitting on the reservoir is inconveniently located toward the rear and turned in toward the fender. It can be hard to find. It might help to remove the battery and then remove the reservoir so you can inspect it.

If the reservoir is hooked up then the hose should go to a vacuum line heading toward the passenger compartment. You just have to search for it.

This is certainly not the time of year to have a bad heater.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-06-2019, 02:22 PM
ms8

Wink

hello

i m go to remove battery an tray this after noon,,i m happy is same on mentionned in your posting.

im attach correctly 2 rubber hose on vaccum pump an reservoir.

all fonction fine

i m speak french i m locate to near montreal quebec canada

many thank

have a good days.

Lapointe Marc
ms8
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode