Electrical Problems- B/U & signals - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
06-07 LBZ & LLY Performance Parts Discussion Discussion of Performance Parts For the 06-07.5 LBZ/LLY Duramax Trucks No Advertising

10Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 40 (permalink) Old 06-21-2019, 10:29 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Electrical Problems- B/U & signals

Im new here. Maybe a Mod can help put this in the proper place.
I have read many threads on multiple Dmax forums but have been away for awhile as my truck was running excellent. And i'm back, i started a new account and still have yet to finger out how to do my signature and am unsure where to post my problem. This is my second Dmax, I also have an '03 LB7 120Kmiles CCLB 4x4 6" Fabtech with EFI Live
I have a 2006 Chev Silverado 2500HD (102kmiles)LBZ CCLB 4x4 6" Fabtech EFI Live DSP5 CTS2 with All LED lights. I've had it a year.
Recently ive noticed a fast flash developing in the signals. Anyway i was installing the new 2015+ Spyder Mirrors w/reverse lights (should have gone boost mirrors)on the LBZ and put the LBZ mirrors on my LB7( which are bitchin" and work great). I pulled the wire thru the doors and spliced to a wire i ran to the underhood fuse block(b/u trlr) where i tapped power. when i put it in reverse, it blew the 10amp fuse, not having a 15 i put in a 25amp. (Idiot) Now i have no power at Trlr B/U but i do at (B/U) and my reverse lights dont work. No power under dash on green wire for trailer either. No power under underhood fuse block for b/u trlr either. What burnt? BCM reflash needed? PRNDL works. hmmm?
Now i learnt after installing the mirrors and reading some forums about the dual function of both the reverse lights and the signal/drl, ill wiring that up using the correct wire harnesses from boost after i finish [email protected]#king this up.
Also i lost my turn signals.lol. wtf? Hazards work on the driverside only. right turn fuse keeps blowing. not the bulbs right? i swapped flasher from LB7 (which works) into LBZ same thing. not the flasher then right? Short? where? The truck was allLED when i bought it. Do i need the GM 10383322 ($78) LED flasher from Rock Auto?

Thank you in advance.I look forward to yalls help.

2003 GMC K2500 HD CC LB 4x4 LB7 EFI Live DSP5 New Bosch injectors 6" Fabtech Lift 4" straight exhaust,Cognito Traction bars Rare Parts Idler and Pitman arms 35x12.50 Toyo M/T's Airbags hooked up to 150psi onboard air comp K&N air intake FASS 150 lift pump MAG-HYTEC Trannypan &Diff cover Rancho 9000 shocks 10% Tint Cognito upper A arms Kryptonite Dmax store XD Lower Aarms Deathgrip tierods

2006 Chevy Silverado 2500HD CCLB EFI Live DSP5 4x4 6" Fabtech lift, Wehrli Trac bars S&B cold air intake scoop/box FASS 150 2015+ mirrors Firestone Airbags Kryptonite Deathgrip tierods and tons more

2015 Arctic Fox 29L
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 40 (permalink) Old 06-22-2019, 12:33 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Oh and I'm throwing codes
P0381
P0646
P0650
P2563

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

2003 GMC K2500 HD CC LB 4x4 LB7 EFI Live DSP5 New Bosch injectors 6" Fabtech Lift 4" straight exhaust,Cognito Traction bars Rare Parts Idler and Pitman arms 35x12.50 Toyo M/T's Airbags hooked up to 150psi onboard air comp K&N air intake FASS 150 lift pump MAG-HYTEC Trannypan &Diff cover Rancho 9000 shocks 10% Tint Cognito upper A arms Kryptonite Dmax store XD Lower Aarms Deathgrip tierods

2006 Chevy Silverado 2500HD CCLB EFI Live DSP5 4x4 6" Fabtech lift, Wehrli Trac bars S&B cold air intake scoop/box FASS 150 2015+ mirrors Firestone Airbags Kryptonite Deathgrip tierods and tons more

2015 Arctic Fox 29L
post #3 of 40 (permalink) Old 06-24-2019, 01:41 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Bump

2015 Arctic Fox 29L
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 40 (permalink) Old 06-26-2019, 12:18 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Ok. TBC 2C fuse was out. Got bu lights to work on truck. But b/u on mirrors keeps blowing fuses. Not seeing a short anywhere...

2015 Arctic Fox 29L
post #5 of 40 (permalink) Old 06-26-2019, 12:23 PM

Electrical Problems- B/U & signals

Well there is a short, or overloaded circuit some where.
KdNicoll likes this.
post #6 of 40 (permalink) Old 06-28-2019, 10:15 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Pretty sure the short was inside the brand new passenger Spyder mirror. I unplugged that mirrors b/u light and just went with the driverside plugged in and it worked......plugged the passenger in and blew a fuse. So I'm trying to warranty it. Meanwhile I put the old tow mirrors back on and turn signals are messed up. Trying to post a video....

2015 Arctic Fox 29L
post #7 of 40 (permalink) Old 06-28-2019, 10:17 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Still believe it's a bcm problem. Looking at going to the stealership Monday for a talk...

2015 Arctic Fox 29L
post #8 of 40 (permalink) Old 07-01-2019, 12:45 PM Thread Starter

Garage
So my symptoms are key on lights off, left signal on......outer marker lights flash on both sides in front and small corner light 194 on opposite side flashes, mirrors flash correctly.

Operates the same with right signal on except in fast flash and tail light inner and outer flash opposite on right side.

Attached is something I read that resonates.....

Gonna replace my flasher module with LED compatible one.

Thoughts??Screenshot_20190630-195554.jpg

2015 Arctic Fox 29L
post #9 of 40 (permalink) Old 07-01-2019, 01:16 PM
J83
DuramaxForum Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by KdNicoll View Post
So my symptoms are key on lights off, left signal on......outer marker lights flash on both sides in front and small corner light 194 on opposite side flashes, mirrors flash correctly.

Operates the same with right signal on except in fast flash and tail light inner and outer flash opposite on right side.

Attached is something I read that resonates.....

Gonna replace my flasher module with LED compatible one.

Thoughts??Attachment 1041039

your turn signals are not running on AC, and they are not switching polarity (and your reverse lights are certainly not either), so having a diode is not the issue as mentioned in that post. A diode will only block flow in 1 direction, so if the LED lights up at all it is installed in the correct orientation for a DC system. I recall not too long ago another member just happened to get a dud mirror from the factory, it had an internal short and kept blowing fuses, the cure was to RMA the bad mirror for a new one. you could disconnect the mirror harness, and meter the 2 wires for the circuit you are blowing the fuse for. You should be able to check for continuity, if not, try reversing the wires (a diode will block the continuity check if its opposing the direction of flow). in continuity mode most meters will also give you approximate resistance of the circuit. the resistance depends on how the LED;s are configured, but it should not be a very small number.

2015 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD 6.6L LML
post #10 of 40 (permalink) Old 07-01-2019, 01:30 PM Thread Starter

Garage
I forgot to mention my results with lights on....
All lights work as intended except fast flash on right side and right tail light inner and outer flash at opposite times.

I've re installed the factory mirrors and am not blowing fuses at the moment. The reverse lights are working.

2015 Arctic Fox 29L
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode