LEDís - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
06-07 LBZ & LLY Performance Parts Discussion Discussion of Performance Parts For the 06-07.5 LBZ/LLY Duramax Trucks No Advertising

4Likes
  • 1 Post By denarli6.6
  • 1 Post By Hook'em_Horns!
  • 2 Post By DailyDmax

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-17-2019, 05:25 PM Thread Starter

LEDís

Iím looking for reliable LEDís that wonít break the bank. Specifically interior replacements and exterior headlights/turn signals. I wonít need the fog light replacements because Iím installing different lights with my bumper Iím about to build. Iíve searched this forum and havenít found a specific brand or kit. I purchased a kit for a Tahoe and 2 out of 18 bulbs in the ďkitĒ fit and functioned correctly. I would really rather not waste time doing that again so if youíve installed an interior kit and headlights- etc please advise what worked best for you. Thanks in advance.

2006 Chevrolet 2500HD Duramax 4x4 Crew Cab

2006 Chevy Duramax, 6" Superlift suspension lift, 35X12.50 Toyo MT's on 18" KMC wheels. Magnaflow SS exhaust, AFE cold air intake, PPE programmer, JVC touchscreen, Kicker amps, Kicker Solobaric, components, and coaxial speakers. Backup camera, Linex sprayed bed, camper shell, AMP Research steps, custom sunroof, siren, emergency lights and scanner.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-17-2019, 05:35 PM
J83
DuramaxForum Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokEaterHD View Post
I’m looking for reliable LED’s that won’t break the bank. Specifically interior replacements and exterior headlights/turn signals. I won’t need the fog light replacements because I’m installing different lights with my bumper I’m about to build. I’ve searched this forum and haven’t found a specific brand or kit. I purchased a kit for a Tahoe and 2 out of 18 bulbs in the “kit” fit and functioned correctly. I would really rather not waste time doing that again so if you’ve installed an interior kit and headlights- etc please advise what worked best for you. Thanks in advance.

2006 Chevrolet 2500HD Duramax 4x4 Crew Cab

ive used this brand from amazon on a few vehicles now and they have held up well and have good output. Id buy them again.

https://www.amazon.com/Auxbeam-Headl...omotive&sr=1-3

for smaller lights i have used this brand and was pleased with what i got for the price.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Im not sure where your price point lies, if you want better lights id look at theretrofitsource.com and see what they have. I've always gotten absolutely awesome quality hardware from them.

2015 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD 6.6L LML
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-18-2019, 07:21 PM
HWI

I'm a fan of Diode Dynamics, quality stuff.

06 LBZ CCSB
With some stuff.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-18-2019, 09:22 PM

I am currently running OPT7 bulbs in my truck and they are pretty reasonable. I didnt even get the brightest fog light bulb they offer and get flashed at all the time. I'd really like to see their face when im in the mood to flash them back with the 30" behind the grill haha
SilverGorillaLML likes this.

2016 LML Denali 2500
Reverse level with Mcgaughy's 2" drop shackle
Bilstein 5100 all-around
22x10 American Force Flux black w machined
Wehrli S300 kit w/ 66mm SXE
Wehrli CP3 conversion 10mm stroker
Profab Manifold & Up-pipes
Stock Trans For Now
Stock Sticks For Now
Air Dog 165 4G
Off-road Only
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-19-2019, 10:09 AM
DuramaxForum Fanatic

Probably flashing you because the light isn't bouncing properly from the housing. Your fog light should have a cut off, i bet theres light all over the top.

A guy flashes me that way, niether of us is passing without a big white spot burned into our vision. Plus, flash the wrong person and you might be in for a bigger suprise...like a ticket

Beastly Build
LBZ Drag Racing
2006 GMC LBZ 4x4 CC/SB
1/4 Mile [email protected]
1.793 60'
DIED 09/19/17 11:02AM
REVIVED 12/21/17 3:57PM
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-19-2019, 10:34 AM
LHN...We ARE the Joneses

Send a message via Yahoo to Hook'em_Horns! Send a message via Skype™ to Hook'em_Horns!
Putting LEDs into a fixture designed to bend and focus a Halogen bulbs' output, you're creating a wild non-focus glare, which annoys others (as their flashing shows).

No different than the 'That Guy' HID of years past.

With your OE ' fog' lights, they're now a glaring Driving light with no help when you actually 'need' a fog lights' wide flat low beam to get under the clouds.

I once had someone who decided to flip on their 30" in the grille to my low beams out on a dark road.

Pulling back on the momentary, hit 'em with the all on boost of the twin 2400 lumens 9011 high beams, and the repelling plasma beam pushed back their Fire on itself....I could count the fins on the AC condenser as we passed.
DaJokr likes this.

2007 LBZ 3500 LT3 DRW Crew Cab, Sulastics, Putnam XDR 15K, B&W 30K-Turnover GN+Companion, Ride-Rite Air...EFI'd by Rob
2008 LMM 3500WT DRW Crew Cab, 8 'Flat/GN, Workforce Alum Toolbox, Ride-Rite Air

Use-ta Haves 2006-6.0 3500 WT DRW ExCab Flatbed, 2005-LLY 3500 LS DRW Crew Cab, 2002-LB7 3500 LS DRW Crew Cab
I Live my life in such a way that when my feet hit the floor in the morning...Satan shudders & says "Oh shit, he's awake!"
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-19-2019, 10:46 AM
J83
DuramaxForum Enthusiast

whoops, i guess it would help to actually read more than the first line of the post. for an interior light set, www.superbrightleds.com is usually pretty accurate (and cheap) with there bulb sets and fitment, i dont have experience with diode dynamics but ive heard good things.

2015 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD 6.6L LML
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-19-2019, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaJokr View Post
Probably flashing you because the light isn't bouncing properly from the housing. Your fog light should have a cut off, i bet theres light all over the top.

A guy flashes me that way, niether of us is passing without a big white spot burned into our vision. Plus, flash the wrong person and you might be in for a bigger suprise...like a ticket
Yea these aren't cutting off like the morimoto fog assemblies do, they are just a bright ass wide beam all over, but they are legal and available to everyone so the guy coming towards me has the same opportunity of buls as i do. Funny you say that I actually was running a 50" light bar on my car mounted on the hood (ask silvergorilla it was a bad ass set up lmao) and got flashed by a cop off in the distance, but he just kept on getting up luckily.

2016 LML Denali 2500
Reverse level with Mcgaughy's 2" drop shackle
Bilstein 5100 all-around
22x10 American Force Flux black w machined
Wehrli S300 kit w/ 66mm SXE
Wehrli CP3 conversion 10mm stroker
Profab Manifold & Up-pipes
Stock Trans For Now
Stock Sticks For Now
Air Dog 165 4G
Off-road Only
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-19-2019, 05:24 PM
DuramaxForum Fanatic

All oem fogs whether halogen or led will have a cutoff. Putting any bulb in a housing it was not designed for will result in blinding conditions for oncoming traffic.

Not sure whether you are saying the morimotos where legal or your opt7 bulbs were. Both are purchasable but neither are legal. (Edit: certain assemblies from morimoto are DOT, ECE, SAE, but morimoto brand bulbs are not)

I had putco led interior lights in my reg cab, they were bright but anytime I touched the brakes, the front center lights would dimmly flash, didnt do it with halogen bulbs.

Also OP, check out headlight revolutions on youtube. They have reviewed hundreds of LEDs and if you have to cram an LED in your headlights, they might be able to tell you which will give you the best output. Theres not much room behind those chevy headlights and you might have to do some cutting with a die grinder to get them in.

Beastly Build
LBZ Drag Racing
2006 GMC LBZ 4x4 CC/SB
1/4 Mile [email protected]
1.793 60'
DIED 09/19/17 11:02AM
REVIVED 12/21/17 3:57PM

Last edited by DaJokr; 07-19-2019 at 05:30 PM.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-20-2019, 09:19 AM

I hate stupid people that decide to run their light bars on highways. Driving a mountain pass everyday, people would do it all the time. Makes me want to aim a spot light in their direction, so when it occurs I can show them how it feels. This shows a lack of respect for all other drivers.
HWI and GoBlowSnow like this.

2005 Silverado 2500, Crew Cab Short Bed. 122,000 miles
MODS: AFE intake, LBZ mouth piece, MBRP cat- less exhaust.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode