New Tires - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
06-07 LBZ & LLY Performance Parts Discussion Discussion of Performance Parts For the 06-07.5 LBZ/LLY Duramax Trucks No Advertising

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-15-2019, 01:58 PM Thread Starter

New Tires

Hi all -

Been a long time since I've been on here and posted. I even had to change my user name cause I couldn't figure out how to make my old one work.

Anyways, I 've got a 2006 2500 silverado, 16" wheels w 265/75 KO2's on it. Bone stock other than the slightly larger tires than stock. I bought it new in Aug of 2005, it lives in a garage and is babied, I love it. I drive a 1998 camry to work so i can keep miles off of it.

I've gone with BFG AT's the last three sets of tires. I need new tires, and i am looking for two things:

1) best way to get 285's on factory 16" wheels without messing the driveline/tie rod angles, etc up. I thought about just turning the factory torsion bars as little as possible?
2) Any suggestions on AT's that work well and look good. I like the KO2s and may go w them again but I am the type that can tend to get into a rut and dont' want to just go that route without checking w you guys to see what you think.

Clint from KY
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-15-2019, 02:33 PM

285’s might fit without anything. If not you can turn your keys, but it will stiffen the ride. The only other option would be a leveling kit. I am not a big fan of them if you tow much.
Lastly, I also like the BF Goodrich tires. They just do not seems to do great on these heavy trucks. I have heard good things about the DT (different tread) tires. You might look at the Toyo or the Bridgestones. They seem like a good AT for a heavy truck from what I have read.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-16-2019, 06:34 AM Thread Starter

thanks for the feedback!

Yes, I have definitely not been getting anywhere near the mileage on the BFG's that I'd like to see.

I hadn't heard about the DT tires until now though. I just read that they are offering a 50k warranty w them, which is great. The mileage is I got from this last set of KO2's was not the greatest.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-16-2019, 09:45 AM
Duramax Lifetime Supporter

Clint, I put 285's on my truck and I did have to trim a little of the inner fender well and raise the torsion bars a little. I am on my second set of Cooper Discovery AT. My first set got 75,000 miles on them. This set currently has 40k on them I really like them but they are a little noisy on the road.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-23-2019, 11:07 AM Thread Starter

thanks for the reply 68Ss!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode