Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

DPF Stolen....WTH?!?

11K views 22 replies 16 participants last post by  knotReally 
#1 ·
You read that correctly, some jackwagon cut my particulate filter out of my exhaust. Any vendors on the site that can sell me a replacement unit or do I have to go to the stealership?

#3 ·
Take my advice and go ahead and have it fully deleted. The dpf is nothing but trouble down the road and your duramax will be a whole different beast afterwards.

Wish I could but I have to remain 50 state compliant. Was hoping to find a takeoff but that's not looking real promising.

#17 ·
They thought it was a giant Cat.

Scrappers are stealing them for the salvage value.

This was going on in our corp. yard, dirtbags would come and take them off our company trucks

In most cases, failed or damaged DPFs and DOCs have value because they are coated or “catalyzed” with Platinum Group Metals (PGM). Because of this value, they should be recycled by a reputable recycling company to ensure the PGM is recovered for use in other products. Recycling is ideal because you earn money while you prevent the waste of potentially useful materials and reduce the consumption of costlier raw materials.
Depending on PGM content and commodity prices, a failed DPF or DOC is typically worth $20–$700. Exactly how much your DPFs and DOCs are worth depends on a few factors: the PGM market prices at the time of quoting (or settlement) and the manufacturer and model of the parts you return for recycling.

https://redfoxresources.com/blog/dpf-recycling/scrap-value-of-dpfs/

#9 ·
I have an almost complete exhaust off of a 2015 Duramax from the turbo downpipe to just behind the DPF that I can make a deal on if you aren't too far away. I'm in the Omaha, NE area.

#18 ·
Your insurance will cover this minus your deductible. They’ll pay to have it installed at the dealership as well. You don’t want that repair bill.

The lmm exhausts are not all one piece.. they bolt in prior to the axle.

#19 ·
There should be a special place in HELL for scumbags like that. If I found someone doing that a good hard kick in the groin should help the situation! Can't believe they would have cut it out. They simply bolt into place. Four bolts on the front and aft mating flanges. Dean

#21 ·
GM cut the emission warranty on 18's ( maybe sooner ) to 50k. I expect my 18 emissions to make it to 100k like the LML did. Being said, there are many ways to skin a cat like re-registering truck into a non-attainment area like BFE, ND. to avoid emission inspection should it come back around for a diesel in Texas.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.