DPF Stolen....WTH?!? - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
07.5-10 LMM Duramax Powertrain Discussion of components that are directly involved in the power production and all that is needed to get and keep the truck moving . Engine , Transmission, Etc.

2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-07-2019, 09:00 PM Thread Starter

DPF Stolen....WTH?!?

You read that correctly, some jackwagon cut my particulate filter out of my exhaust. Any vendors on the site that can sell me a replacement unit or do I have to go to the stealership?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-07-2019, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hebigchief View Post
You read that correctly, some jackwagon cut my particulate filter out of my exhaust. Any vendors on the site that can sell me a replacement unit or do I have to go to the stealership?
Take my advice and go ahead and have it fully deleted. The dpf is nothing but trouble down the road and your duramax will be a whole different beast afterwards.

Lmm Guy
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-07-2019, 09:06 PM Thread Starter

[QUOTE=jakep4401;12226221]Take my advice and go ahead and have it fully deleted. The dpf is nothing but trouble down the road and your duramax will be a whole different beast afterwards.

Wish I could but I have to remain 50 state compliant. Was hoping to find a takeoff but that's not looking real promising.
407driver and jakep4401 like this.

2009 C3500 LMM Cab & Chassis DRW
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-07-2019, 10:49 PM

Uggh. That SUCKS. I am sorry. If no one on here can get you one, try NAPA. Don't do the stealership crap

2008 Silverado 2500 Crew Cab Z71
post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-08-2019, 04:34 AM

Quote:
Where are you located ?

2006 Chevy Silverado 4x4 2500hd LBZ - 139k miles
post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-08-2019, 06:37 AM
DuramaxForum n00b

They thought it was a giant Cat.

Scrappers are stealing them for the salvage value.

On my third DMax.
post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-08-2019, 10:42 AM

Yup. Because of how expensive they are people will steal them off of other trucks and sell them on the black market or steal them when one has been stolen from their truck or whatever.

2008 Silverado 2500 Crew Cab Z71
post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-08-2019, 10:42 AM

Location: we live in a high mountain valley in the hi country of northern arizona
Quote:
==============================================
Sadly, our "consumer grade" pollution systems are not designed for practicality. My sympathies.

As for replacement, yours, depending on the model, is sold by GM as a complete "one-piece" unit, from its forward flange all the way to the end of the tail-pipe. My suspicion is, at the factory, it is installed on the frame BEFORE the body-drop.

GM will be happy to sell you a replacement for around $2,700. that will be a "bolt in" (that is, if the thief didn't damage your sensors and the related wiring, plumbing, etc. ( Good luck trying to install it as received from GM - my guess is you'd have to cut the exhaust pipe forward of the axle, install it in two or three piece sections with clamps.).

My concern about ANY "after-market" DPF is how you would connect it to the various sensors & their fittings. Did they damage or cut any of the wiring & connectors ?

2013 3500 long bed crew cab. Purchased at approx. 80,000; now have 91,000, convert to CP3. DPF "triggerd" a limp mode, so was cut out of the vehicle & cleaned by a DPF cleaning co., on re-installation, everything back to normal. Would never ever think of something as nasty and as anti bunny wabbet as a full-delete...after all..dosnt everyone like the fun & excitement of being stuck by the side of a Interstate in the ran while towing when one's truck's computer decides to go into "limp mode"...?.
post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-08-2019, 02:32 PM
Duramax Lifetime Supporter

Check a salvage yard.

car-parts.com

2019 Quartz Red Denali HD Chrome deleted
2013 GMC SLE fully deleated. Sold
post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-08-2019, 03:52 PM
DuramaxForum n00b

I have an almost complete exhaust off of a 2015 Duramax from the turbo downpipe to just behind the DPF that I can make a deal on if you aren't too far away. I'm in the Omaha, NE area.

2015 GMC SLT 3500HD CCSB BLACK, 7.5" RCX LIFT, 325/60 BFG ALL TERRAINS, 20X10 XD RIOTS.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode