Info about high idle? - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
07.5-10 LMM Duramax Powertrain Discussion of components that are directly involved in the power production and all that is needed to get and keep the truck moving . Engine , Transmission, Etc.

1Likes
  • 1 Post By 20dmax08

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-13-2019, 09:14 PM Thread Starter

Info about high idle?

So when i turn on high idle how long does it stay in high idle before it goes back to normal idle and does it only do the high idle when its a certain temperature outside? Sorry if these are weird questions but i have never used it and am not sure.

Lmm Guy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-13-2019, 09:46 PM

Not following what you mean here. There is elevated idle which it will rev up to a certain temp and then idle down. Then there is that actual high idle if your truck was ordered with it and as far as I know that will stay in high idle till you cancel it. Least I donít recall my truck ever idling itself down when I engaged the high idle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
jakep4401 likes this.

2008 Chevrolet CCSB Duramax - dpf delete, egr delete, pcv reroute, hsp cold air, hsp billet thermostat housing, hsp y-bridge cold side combo, banks ic pipe, efi tuned by ppei, FASS lift pump, dmax store downpipe, 5" mbrp exhaust, trans go jr, htt Promax 64, ppe shim kit, ppe ported rail fitting, bd drivers manifold, arp head studs, limitless diy kit built by me, limitless 1078 converter
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-13-2019, 09:53 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20dmax08 View Post
Not following what you mean here. There is elevated idle which it will rev up to a certain temp and then idle down. Then there is that actual high idle if your truck was ordered with it and as far as I know that will stay in high idle till you cancel it. Least I donít recall my truck ever idling itself down when I engaged the high idle.

I guess i mean elevated idle. Like when you hold the gas and hit the brake 3 times it turns on.

Lmm Guy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-13-2019, 09:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakep4401 View Post
I guess i mean elevated idle. Like when you hold the gas and hit the brake 3 times it turns on.

Lmm Guy

Huh. Actually never heard of that. To turn my elevated idle on itís in the dic. My actual high idle I have to engage park brake and use the cruise buttons. Elevated idle so far as I know only comes on when temp is below a certain temp and turns off when that temp is achieved.

2008 Chevrolet CCSB Duramax - dpf delete, egr delete, pcv reroute, hsp cold air, hsp billet thermostat housing, hsp y-bridge cold side combo, banks ic pipe, efi tuned by ppei, FASS lift pump, dmax store downpipe, 5" mbrp exhaust, trans go jr, htt Promax 64, ppe shim kit, ppe ported rail fitting, bd drivers manifold, arp head studs, limitless diy kit built by me, limitless 1078 converter
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-14-2019, 08:07 AM
Duramax Lifetime Supporter

On my 2013 and 2019 the elevated idle will only come on below a set temp, (its in the manual, 32* i think) and a function of ambient and engine temp so it varies in duration...

The 2019 is very nice and getting truck cab heat in 10 min the past few days in 19* , my 13 would take to remote start cycles approx 20 min

2019 Quartz Red Denali HD Chrome deleted
2013 GMC SLE fully deleated. Sold
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode