Egr delete question - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
07.5-10 LMM Performance Parts Discussion Discussion of Performance Parts For the 2007.5 to 2010 LMM Duramax Trucks No Advertising

5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-20-2019, 09:39 PM Thread Starter
DuramaxForum n00b

Egr delete question

So I've been collecting parts for an egr delete and have finally got them all. My question is when I first bought my truck I had Idaho Rob build some tunes for it, and well since he no longer does this that I'm aware of, I had him build in a dpf delete and from what I can find deleting dpf tunes also shut off the egr so i'm safe to follow through with my delete without having her go into limp mode and throw codes like a crazy woman, is this in fact true or will I have to figure out how to get egr delete specific tuning?

09 LMM, EFI by Idaho Rob, CCSB, DPF delete, turbo back exhaust.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-21-2019, 03:51 AM
Duramax Lifetime Supporter

when you deleted the DPF, did you install a blocker plate on the EGR?

Im guessing you already have the EGR delete tunes though. It should be easy enough to find out. Just unplug it and see if you set any codes. If not, you should be good to go.
Dales Super Store likes this.

2008 Silverado 2500HD CCSB LTZ Diesel
FASS 95 Lift Pump (with Baldwin filters), Edge Insight CTS Monitor on a Windshield Mount, Nicktane Fuel Filter Adapter w/ CAT 306-9199 UHE tertiary fuel filter, Bilstein 5100 Stock Height, Bushwacker Bed Rail Caps, AMP Research Bedstep, Fumoto oil drain valve, Dorman PS Oil cooler, Pioneer AVIC 7200NEX GPS/Stereo, Air Lift LoadLifter 5000 Air Bags.
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-21-2019, 07:00 AM Thread Starter
DuramaxForum n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by 407driver View Post
when you deleted the DPF, did you install a blocker plate on the EGR?

Im guessing you already have the EGR delete tunes though. It should be easy enough to find out. Just unplug it and see if you set any codes. If not, you should be good to go.
I did not install a blocker plate, it never occurred to me at the time to do that, guess thats my own dumba** fault. Yeah I'm gonna have to unplug it and see what she does.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-21-2019, 06:38 PM
DuramaxForum Veteran

Rob very well may have turned off the EGR in his tuning. If you have a gauge/phone app, you may be able to tell if it is opening or not. May be no difference in what he did and unplugging the EGR motor. One less step.

Ron Nielson
2008 Silverado LT, CCLB, Edge Insight CTS
2009 Arctic Fox 29-5T, Silver Fox Edition, Onan 3600 LPG generator
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-21-2019, 07:11 PM Thread Starter
DuramaxForum n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Nielson View Post
Rob very well may have turned off the EGR in his tuning. If you have a gauge/phone app, you may be able to tell if it is opening or not. May be no difference in what he did and unplugging the EGR motor. One less step.
I have my Edge monitor plugged in, what on there would I be looking for? I'm gonna unplug it tonight and drive it tomorrow and see what happens, if I dont get a CEL i'm going to safely assume that its been turned off.

post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-21-2019, 08:14 PM
Duramax Lifetime Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redneck Dave View Post
I have my Edge monitor plugged in, what on there would I be looking for? I'm gonna unplug it tonight and drive it tomorrow and see what happens, if I dont get a CEL i'm going to safely assume that its been turned off.
You might also call Rob and ask what tune you have. I don't know if the EPA made him destroy all his files or not, but if he still has them, if you tell them the VIN they should be able to tell you what you have.

2008 Silverado 2500HD CCSB LTZ Diesel
FASS 95 Lift Pump (with Baldwin filters), Edge Insight CTS Monitor on a Windshield Mount, Nicktane Fuel Filter Adapter w/ CAT 306-9199 UHE tertiary fuel filter, Bilstein 5100 Stock Height, Bushwacker Bed Rail Caps, AMP Research Bedstep, Fumoto oil drain valve, Dorman PS Oil cooler, Pioneer AVIC 7200NEX GPS/Stereo, Air Lift LoadLifter 5000 Air Bags.
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-21-2019, 08:44 PM Thread Starter
DuramaxForum n00b

[QUOTE=407driver;12220175]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redneck Dave View Post

You might also call Rob and ask what tune you have. I don't know if the EPA made him destroy all his files or not, but if he still has them, if you tell them the VIN they should be able to tell you what you have.
I tried to contact ATP a couple months ago and they wouldn't tell me anything because of the new epa regs, they weren't a lot of help at all.

post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-22-2019, 04:07 PM Thread Starter
DuramaxForum n00b

So far so good, have the grid heater and egr unplugged all day today with no CEL, i reckon i'm probably good to proceed

post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-26-2019, 04:51 PM Thread Starter
DuramaxForum n00b

Well delete complete, so far so good, everything went in like it should except for the boot from the intercooler to the intake tube, has a slight leak so I'm going to be replacing that within the next week and be doing a pcv reroute as well.

post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-27-2019, 10:42 AM
DuramaxForum Fanatic

For your own future piece of mind, buy a re-route kit do NOT go cheap with hardware rubber crap, it will not hold up very good with the engines heat.
Rubber will crack deteriorates overtime crumbling allowing dirt getting sucked in.
I like and suggest https://dirtyhookerdiesel.com/c-4266...oute-kits.html
Mines been on since 2008.

Delete tuning is just that, I ran for 5 years with my EGR functioning before I blocked it eventually deleting it, with the same tuning.
DHD also has a grid heater delete block/spacer that goes in place of the grid heater, allowing more air flow going thru instead of having the restriction, if your keeping your stock cold side intake from the intercooler.

While your replacing the intercooler boot replace the 2 O-rings at the 2 elbows.

Dan
2007.5 GMC Sierra 3500 SRW L.B."BLACK" C.C. 4X4 LMM Z71
DIY stock airbox mod, aFe ProGuard 7, OEM drop-in
EFILive ECM ATP - Heavy Tow Tune with Turbo Brake.
EFILive TCM Duramax Tuner
DHD Cold Side High Flow Intake Pipe
DHD PCV Re-Route
AirDog 4G100

2007 Yukon Denail "BLACK" 6.2 gasser
DIY stock AirBox Mod, K&N, Airaid intake, EFILive TCM only tuning

Last edited by D_R_C; 10-27-2019 at 10:44 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode