Exhaust Brake For LMM - Page 3 - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
07.5-10 LMM Performance Parts Discussion Discussion of Performance Parts For the 2007.5 to 2010 LMM Duramax Trucks No Advertising

3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 29 (permalink) Old 07-28-2011, 11:32 AM
Duramax Lifetime Supporter

Does the BD exhaust brake void the warranty? I imagine it does

08 3500HD DRW 4x4 LMM
Inyati bedliner. Hankook RF10 ATm LT245-70R17
Backup camera

Last edited by blueox08; 07-28-2011 at 02:10 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 29 (permalink) Old 07-28-2011, 12:00 PM

We have a couple of different options from BD Diesel, let me know if I can help.
post #23 of 29 (permalink) Old 12-23-2015, 11:41 AM

I know it really late but....

Upon some research for the LMM Exhaust Brake (I will do once I place an LMM in my suburban) I came across a thread that installed one on an LBZ with just a switch and LED:

https://www.duramaxforum.com/forum/ho...rbo-brake.html

Heading over to GMUPFITTERS...again, I have found that in, https://www.gmupfitter.com/files/med...Electrical.pdf, this pdf for medium duty trucks on the LMM engine controls schematic (page d-301) and C2 connector pinout (pages c-27 and c-28) you will find the connections for the Exhaust brake from the factory without the need for any additional parts aside from what appears to be an open switch that closes to ground and a lamp grounded and receiving power form the ECU.

I do not have any means of attempting this to try nor have I tried this so try at your own risk and do please report details on specifics such as make model year and options.

Again sorry its late, hope it helps, and look forward to hopefully someone shedding light on this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 29 (permalink) Old 01-04-2016, 09:20 PM

i use the banks speed brake and it works pretty good. i have only used it with a 7000lbs tow. yet to use it with my 40' toy hauler weighing close to 15,000

2009 SILVERADO 2500HD CCSB LTZ

EFI LIVE DSP5 (Idaho Rob)
DMAXSTORE STAGE 5 TRANS
BILLET TRIPLE DISC CONVERTER
AIRDOG 2 4G 165
S&B INTAKE
5" MBRP EXHAUST
DELETED AND BLOCKED
post #25 of 29 (permalink) Old 01-09-2016, 01:51 PM

Love my Tow tunes from Rob with the turbo brake! It works wonders when towing my friends JD 350 crawler loader or Kubota excavator. dozer and trailer are probably about 18,500 the Kubota is much lighter are around 13,000 but the turbo brake and being in tow haul work amazing. Well worth the money.

2008 LMM CCSB, EFI LIVE, EDGE INSIGHT CTS2 and EGT, 5" MagnaFlow straight pipe, 3" magnaflow down pipe,
Goerend Torque converter
FASS 150
Soon to be installed 68mm Stg2 from Danville, High Flow Manifolds and Up Pipes, Trans will be built by New Limit Motorsports
https://www.facebook.com/NewLimitMot..._BWhovYLhRy4Cw

http://www.bamaoffroad.com/
MORE TO COME

post #26 of 29 (permalink) Old 01-12-2016, 03:53 AM
Duramax Forum Supporter

I installed mY own toggle switch and ran one wire to the ecm. There are instructions to do this in the diy section. I believe it is listed under lbz turbo brake switch. Same setup on the lmm. Mine has been working for 2 years. Cost about 20$ for wire, connectors, one ecm pin from dealer , wire and a toggle switch. Very simple to do

2007.5 ccsb Chevy 2500hd, white LT, 4" DE turbo back exhaust. 3" down pipe With magnaflow duals. S&B intake, Dsp5 Efi live, egr delete. Danville 3794 stage 2. ported fuel rail fitting, shim kit, raptor 150 , Nicktane filter adapter w/ cat 1r-0750,tinted tails. Sleeves. PPE braces. Turbo brake switch, .
post #27 of 29 (permalink) Old 01-12-2016, 03:26 PM
DuramaxForum Veteran

Love the tuned in turbo brake on my LMM. Had NO problem stopping my truck with a 10,000 hitch pull with 3500lbs of payload in the truck, dont even need to use the brakes on the highways.

I also use it on the one local hill here unloaded... its pretty dang steep for 2-3 miles. I can easily slow my truck down to 30-35 with the turbo brake with no brakes where as id have to apply the brakes constantly to keep it under 45.

2008 Silverado 3500HD LTZ LMM CCLB DRW:

Limitless Built trans, Diamondback ATV bedcover, Maghytec pans, Amp powersteps/bumper step, weathertechs, FASS liftpump, ATP EFI Live, 5" straightpipe, SDP 3" ybridge EGR delete, 3" downpipe, HIDs, Recon smoked lights all around, Beans sump, Edge CTS, DMAXstore driveshaft, MOVE DIY bumpers, 68G attatank, autometer EGT/boost gauges, banks hotside, DRP trans lines, DDP 4" intake, PPE trans cooler, mishimoto rad hoses, Rare HD tierods/pitman/idler arm/idler assembly, AirLift 5100, 6" Zone lift, Eagle Alloy 054s wrapped in 275/65/20 SST Pros, Main Event Emblems, Overkill fab grille, HSP billet manifolds/uppipes, LFS traction bars, 2015+ mirrors
post #28 of 29 (permalink) Old 08-18-2017, 07:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by o7lmm View Post
I installed mY own toggle switch and ran one wire to the ecm. There are instructions to do this in the diy section. I believe it is listed under lbz turbo brake switch. Same setup on the lmm. Mine has been working for 2 years. Cost about 20$ for wire, connectors, one ecm pin from dealer , wire and a toggle switch. Very simple to do
Just did the same on mine. Used two wires though, one to connect the Turbo Brake and one for the indicator light that illuminates every time the turbo brake activates.

SO simple, SO good to have.
lockcop likes this.

2008 Silverado 2500HD CCSB LTZ Diesel
FASS 95 Lift Pump (with Baldwin filters), Edge Insight CTS Monitor on a Windshield Mount, Nicktane Fuel Filter Adapter w/ CAT 306-9199 UHE tertiary fuel filter, Bilstein 5100 Stock Height, Bushwacker Bed Rail Caps, AMP Research Bedstep, Fumoto oil drain valve, Dorman PS Oil cooler, Pioneer AVIC 7200NEX GPS/Stereo, Air Lift LoadLifter 5000 Air Bags.
post #29 of 29 (permalink) Old 09-30-2019, 07:36 PM

I just did the turbo brake mod yesterday. Just do it! If you tow you need it especially out west in the mountains.

Kenneth a.k.a. lockcop 2007.5 LMM 2500HD ECSB 4 Wheel Drive
EFI AutoCal by Idaho Rob; DSP5 Switch In Power Port; Edge CTS2 with Pyro; Deviant Trans Lines from Alligator Performance; PPE Deep Trans + Oil Pan (TRANSYND), AFE Differential Cover + Trans Cooler from XDP; FASS T95 Lift Pump from Synthetic Motorsports; XD Tie Rods + Fumoto Valve from the DMAX STORE; ; POWERSTOP Z36 Drilled + Slotted;TIMBREN Suspension Enhancement System; Quad LED Fog Lights; OWENS diamond plate running boards; AERO 52 GAL Tank; Turbo Brake w/switch and light; Amsoil 20-50 Dominator Oil; Schaeffer Moly Grease, + Gear Lube; Temp Sensors In Oil Pan + Rear Diff; Dorman PS Cooler; Flowtie Emblem
Arizona Diesel Club #11
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode