My Build Thread - Page 6 - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
07.5-10 LMM Performance Parts Discussion Discussion of Performance Parts For the 2007.5 to 2010 LMM Duramax Trucks No Advertising

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #51 of 59 (permalink) Old 11-22-2014, 11:24 AM
Most Known Unknown

bump
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #52 of 59 (permalink) Old 02-01-2015, 12:08 PM Thread Starter

No progress on the truck recently. Been really busy with work, so not much time for anything else.

Been thinking about putting a light bar in the front of the grille, I think I can fit one between the grille and the support brackets with some minimal trimming of one of those.

Other than that I have been considering the options on bumpers. The big debate I am having is build vs buy... Anyone have any thoughts on the matter?

2009 Chevy 2500 HD LT Z71 CCSB
My Build Thread
S&B Cold Air Intake, PCV Reroute, 285/70R17 Toyo Open Country AT II's, Bilsteins, Custom Headache Rack
Planned: Cab Lights, 52 gal Titan Fuel Tank, Custom Grille Guard, Edge Insight CTS.
post #53 of 59 (permalink) Old 03-22-2015, 07:58 PM Thread Starter

Couple of updates on the truck. First, I got an ARE topper for it. $450 off of craigslist. Not a bad deal and it makes using the bed in the winter much easier.
2015-03-04 17.41.11.jpg

Seeing the truck that dirty, I had to wash it, and when I did, I found that the door mouldings had some sort of wear on them. I hadn't seen this before and initially thought it was dirt, but it won't rub off. It's only on the driver's side, so it could be due to the sun because that side always faces south when I park.
2015-03-22 13.11.08.jpg

Any ideas on what that might be and how to fix it? Or is it just time to remove the door moulding?

My Build Thread
S&B Cold Air Intake, PCV Reroute, 285/70R17 Toyo Open Country AT II's, Bilsteins, Custom Headache Rack
Planned: Cab Lights, 52 gal Titan Fuel Tank, Custom Grille Guard, Edge Insight CTS.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #54 of 59 (permalink) Old 04-19-2015, 06:45 PM

I just removed mine. And I would say it looks a lot cleaner.
post #55 of 59 (permalink) Old 04-19-2015, 07:02 PM Thread Starter

Good to know. I am considering it, but kinda like the protection the moulding gives when parking near stupid people.

My Build Thread
post #56 of 59 (permalink) Old 04-19-2015, 08:31 PM
DuramaxForum Enthusiast

I like mine gone, molding was lookin kinda bad, clean look now. Easier to wash too

2006 LBZ 2500 CCSB 2WD
EFI LIVE, DSP5, Edge CTS & EGT probe, PPE airbox mod, AFE hotside pipe, PPE manifolds/uppipes, MBRP DP, MBRP 4" side dumped, Sinister coldside pipe, pcv reroute, Beans sump, Kennedy lift pump, dual filters, coolant bypass filtration, Nuc Motorsports Oil Bypass kit, LML 20s & 265/60R20s, tint, LEDS, some chrome
ALABAMA LBZ Build Thread
post #57 of 59 (permalink) Old 08-28-2017, 11:37 AM Thread Starter

Been a little while since I have done anything to the truck, but last winter I built a roof rack that mounts on top of the topper. I still need to add some lights to the side in the cutouts, as well as put a light bar in the front of the rack. I have a friend with a similar setup and the light bar is so awesome on the dark roads when camping. I am planning to add an electrical box with switched circuits to power everything. I will update whenever I get that finished up.

Last weekend I installed a Ranch Hand Legend Series front bumper, and I have to say it looks really good. Pretty easy to install the bumper, just a few bolts to take the factory bumper off and put the Ranch Hand on. It is definitely a nice look and will provide protection from wildlife.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2017-01-04 18.39.12.jpg (53.5 KB, 37 views)
File Type: jpg 21054967_10155747856379189_8013880895383456267_o.jpg (49.6 KB, 38 views)
File Type: jpg 21054949_10155747856329189_8684746247057153227_o.jpg (41.0 KB, 38 views)

My Build Thread
post #58 of 59 (permalink) Old 10-07-2019, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echo30 View Post
I changed the oil and oil filter in the truck today, and while I was at it, I installed a Fumoto F-106N drain valve. Super easy to install, and it will make the oil changes in the future much easier with much less mess! No more cardboard boxes under the oil pan to stop the oil from getting everywhere!

The new valve, and the tubing and fittings to keep everything nice and tidy.
Attachment 502650

The valve installed on the oil pan.
Attachment 502658

The finished install, with the tubing going back under the engine and zip tied off to one of the sub-frame bolts. That should keep it in place, but I will double check after a while to make sure.
Attachment 502666

Not the best pictures, so I apologize for that, I was taking them in a hurry with messy hands.

Echo, found your build after looking for some DIY jerry can mounts. I'm wanting to build one as well. Thanks for the photos. I would, however, like to see how your removable strap fits inside the slit on the fender side of your mount. I assume it has a bend to it otherwise you could just flex that strap even with it locked.

Question i had for you, though, looking at your fumoto valve it appears that you left the hose connected to it. Is this correct? If so, maybe i missed you explaining why. Could you advise or link me to where you explained this thinking? Based on your thread, theres a good reason.

07 Bowtie LMM CCSB Z: Nice truck, mad wife, empty wallet.

With all this "gun control" talk I haven't heard one politician say how they plan to take guns from criminals, just law abiding citizens.
post #59 of 59 (permalink) Old 10-08-2019, 01:31 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by knotReally View Post
Echo, found your build after looking for some DIY jerry can mounts. I'm wanting to build one as well. Thanks for the photos. I would, however, like to see how your removable strap fits inside the slit on the fender side of your mount. I assume it has a bend to it otherwise you could just flex that strap even with it locked.

Question i had for you, though, looking at your fumoto valve it appears that you left the hose connected to it. Is this correct? If so, maybe i missed you explaining why. Could you advise or link me to where you explained this thinking? Based on your thread, theres a good reason.
The hose on the fumoto valve just gets zipped tied to a bolt on the frame cross member. It's out of the way and there when I need to change the oil. I did put a brass cap on the end of the hose so that any excess oil doesn't get out.

The Jerry can mount strap goes through a rectangular hole in the back side of the mount. It goes in a good inch on the back side, so it's pretty secure when locked. More secure than a $50 Jerry can probably needs to be. I can try and take a picture of that at some point if you would like.

My Build Thread
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode