rudys egr delete - Page 2 - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
07.5-10 LMM Performance Parts Discussion Discussion of Performance Parts For the 2007.5 to 2010 LMM Duramax Trucks No Advertising

12Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 39 (permalink) Old 05-31-2016, 01:23 PM
DuramaxForum Fanatic

Go for it

Have either one of you guys done a google review of Rudys cheaper stuff?
Or just asking on the forums where so far no one has heard of or used Rudy's stuff.

Dan
2007.5 GMC Sierra 3500 SRW L.B."BLACK" C.C. 4X4 LMM Z71
DIY stock airbox mod, aFe ProGuard 7, OEM drop-in
EFILive ECM ATP - Heavy Tow Tune with Turbo Brake.
EFILive TCM Duramax Tuner
DHD Cold Side High Flow Intake Pipe, DHD PCV Re-Route, AirDog 4G100
Castrol Hypuron/Vecton 15W40 synthetic blend oil
Donaldson P550832 2 qt oil filter

2007 Yukon Denail "BLACK" 6.2 gasser
DIY stock AirBox Mod, K&N, Airaid intake, EFILive TCM only tuning

Last edited by D_R_C; 05-31-2016 at 01:35 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 39 (permalink) Old 05-31-2016, 01:38 PM
DuramaxForum Enthusiast

I used rudys on a powerstroke. Well made parts and accomplished what it was made for.
rknight likes this.
post #13 of 39 (permalink) Old 05-31-2016, 02:38 PM

No I haven't googled reviews on rudys parts, truthfully I didn't even think to because I have been able to find what info I wanted to know on the forums in the past lol. I probably should have done that before asking on here but thought maybe it was a brand that was commonly used.

LML6600DMAX, Thanks for the info! Im gonna give it a shot and hope for the best!

Thanks again guys for the info!!

2008 GMC Sierra SLE 4x4 ccsb
EFI Live tunes by Kory Willis
MBRP 4" straight pipe and downpipe
leveled on stock keys with shock extenders
Large fender mod
XD Buck 25s (20x10, -24 offset, 4.50bs)
Kumho Roadventure Mt (33/12.50/20)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 39 (permalink) Old 05-31-2016, 03:12 PM
DuramaxForum Fanatic

You'll get more truthful experience on the forums.
On Google reviews it could depend on how many friends Rudy has.

If you do search you'll find a unhappy Powerchoke customer, but Rudy does have a good BBB rating.

You can also buy ratings with the BBB, by paying the membership fees.

"Good luck"

Dan

post #15 of 39 (permalink) Old 05-31-2016, 03:54 PM
DuramaxForum Veteran

Some people continue to believe that they are going to find some crazy deal that thousands of diesel enthusiasts have some how managed to miss. It's $200 for a reason. You can get leather seats in a Hyundai, but it's not a Mercedes. You're tearing into vital areas of a $10,000 motor and after several Internet searches (which I hope you did) you find nothing positive or even discussing the kit. Yet you still believe to to be equal to manufacturers which have provided spectacular products to the diesel industry for sometimes 20 years or more. The $89 Ebay tail lights aren't Recons. They never will be. Who would really look at 2 kits one costing $800 and another costing $200 and believe them to be the same?! These questions have been asked thousands or times about various ebay and amazon knock offs. The result is always the same. They don't fit, are engineered poorly, poor quakity materials, etc, etc ad nauseum, and now your stuck not only buying the more expensive kit, but having to redo or worse yet pay for the install a second time.
As for being exactly the same... off of the top of my head the $800 Sinister kit supplies a new up pipe that the Rudy's kit does not. Do you know what is necessary to do an EGR delete??
rknight and MoonDuramax like this.

2009 CCSB Z71 LMM - PPEI tuning, S&B CAI, Banks boost tube, Fass Titanium 150, MBRP 4" Exhaust, PPE Race Valve, Edge CS2 Insight, Profab EGR delete, LB7 up pipe, MBRP downpipe, Quad Projector retrofit , Anzo tail lights, HID's, 18" XD Monsters, 285/65/18 Cooper ST PRO, Line X, Kenwood DDX470, Kicker 6.5', JL Audio amps, JL Audio 8w3v3
Build Thread
https://www.duramaxforum.com/forum/bu...0hp-build.html
2016 DSOM M7 Corvette Z06 not stock for long!

Last edited by The Dude1; 05-31-2016 at 06:38 PM.
post #16 of 39 (permalink) Old 05-31-2016, 04:34 PM
DuramaxForum Fanatic

Amen Brother!

Now to find what quality product you would like made in the USA and search for the best prices, at least that's what I do.
rknight likes this.

Dan

post #17 of 39 (permalink) Old 05-31-2016, 05:24 PM
DuramaxForum Enthusiast

Like I said my experience was with a powerstroke and came with the block off plates and intake elbow. It was good quality stuff.

That said I have no idea what their quality is with dmax stuff (they are partial to the powerstroke world) or what all comes in their kit.

I would support some of the vendors on the site before ordering from rudys, but that's just me.

Good luck with whatever you choose.
rknight likes this.

Last edited by LML6600DMAX; 05-31-2016 at 05:36 PM. Reason: Grammar
post #18 of 39 (permalink) Old 05-31-2016, 05:54 PM

Understand completely, and yes I noticed that the rudys kit didn't come with the downpipe but that could still be bought separately and still be under what you would pay for the sinister kit. Basically I was just looking for some good honest opinions and advice on the quality of the product and whether or not someone has used the product and could say yes its very similar in quality or no its junk and they wouldn't recommend it. I also understand that it is dealing with the vitals of a 10k dollar motor, that's the reason I am trying to find answers on the quality of this kit. These trucks cost too much to not do research, if I didn't care about the vitals of my truck I would have ordered it and slapped it on without questioning others. My intentions were not to try and degrade the sinister product line, I know they make great products. I am very inexperienced in working with a dmax, just bought my truck 3 weeks ago, I have always drove cummins, so Im just looking for helpful info to educate myself so that I make the right choices when the time comes to purchase this kit. Seeing the $219 price it just automatically made me question the quality of the parts.

2008 GMC Sierra SLE 4x4 ccsb
EFI Live tunes by Kory Willis
MBRP 4" straight pipe and downpipe
leveled on stock keys with shock extenders
Large fender mod
XD Buck 25s (20x10, -24 offset, 4.50bs)
Kumho Roadventure Mt (33/12.50/20)
post #19 of 39 (permalink) Old 05-31-2016, 06:51 PM
DuramaxForum Veteran

It's expensive and the big down side is that theres little to no power gain for us stock turbo guys. Ive done so much research and bothered SO many members about experiences and such. What I ended up doing was buying an LB7 up pipe from a member for $100 shipped. It was a great deal, but they are out there. Then what I SHOULD HAVE DONE was waited for an SDP or Profab, Wherli, HSP, makes one I think... anyway one of those GOOD kits to come up in the for sale forums. Even doing that I wasn't sure if there may be some small hose or fitting missing... so I ended up buying a new EGR delete kit from Rick at Profab. He is very easy to get a hold of and stands behind his product 100%. That being said I went with Profab over SDP simply because it was about $60 cheaper than SDP. Scott at SDP was AWESOME and I will probably go through them for my LML.. since the down pipe has to come out I bought an MBRP downpipe for $130 from a sponsor. So all in I've got all the stuff to do the delete (Rick even includes a brace to keep the pipe from blowing out of the Y bridge) and a new downpipe for about $500? I'd really suggest doing the downpipe in the install process, but if you are looking for bottom dollar.. a member on here got a Profab pipe for $150 shipped and Rick sent him a few fittings for free just because he is like that. So if you keep your eyes open you could realistically land the parts to do it this way for well under $300...
Boost leaks are terrible to chase down, up pipes crack and they are a pain to get to.. fitting blow out... that up pipe cracks and you could be stranded on the side of the road. More than likely paying $100 to a tow truck. There are literally no problem spots left doing it my way.
That being said my whole setup is still sitting in the box since I don't trust myself to tackle it.. so I should've waited for a better deal. That's my whole hearted suggestion. Can you imagine the hassle if you are missing a fitting, something doesn't line up.. how much is piece of mind worth to you?
cruisecontrol49 and rknight like this.

2009 CCSB Z71 LMM - PPEI tuning, S&B CAI, Banks boost tube, Fass Titanium 150, MBRP 4" Exhaust, PPE Race Valve, Edge CS2 Insight, Profab EGR delete, LB7 up pipe, MBRP downpipe, Quad Projector retrofit , Anzo tail lights, HID's, 18" XD Monsters, 285/65/18 Cooper ST PRO, Line X, Kenwood DDX470, Kicker 6.5', JL Audio amps, JL Audio 8w3v3
Build Thread
https://www.duramaxforum.com/forum/bu...0hp-build.html
2016 DSOM M7 Corvette Z06 not stock for long!
post #20 of 39 (permalink) Old 05-31-2016, 07:03 PM
DuramaxForum Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by big j View Post
is anyone using rudys egr delete they seem pretty reasonably priced thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by rknight View Post
wondering the same thing. curious to know if the quality is just as good as the sinister kit or if it is a kit that shouldn't even be considered.
Want the best bang for your buck by getting rid of the stock restrictive Y-bridge..
=
=

=

~ Mike H.~

2006 2500HD EXTENDED CAB LONGBED
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode