Texas to Colorado Midnight Blue GMC LMM Truck Conversion Thread - Page 7 - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
07.5-10 LMM Performance Parts Discussion Discussion of Performance Parts For the 2007.5 to 2010 LMM Duramax Trucks No Advertising

38Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #61 of 69 (permalink) Old 06-27-2018, 03:26 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Got the factory downpipe out and the MBRP 3” Downpipe installed today. It sucked. Getting the dipstick in/out was a pain. I also haven’t ever removed my heat shield over the turbo, so I got it out of there. You pretty much have to destroy it. My band clamp was positioned on the bottom at the top of the downpipe, so I had to remove an electrical panel on the drivers side of the turbo to gain access to the band clamp bolt. All n all it’s just a lot of uncomfortable positions I had to contantly put my body in (like lying on the engine) and now it definitely hurts. Ha. But I got it finished! No leaks!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 65BC8050-A41F-4304-8A91-E2550842A25B_1530138319984.jpg (35.0 KB, 93 views)
File Type: jpg C556C27E-0FB2-44F4-9386-AEE8209A64C1_1530138345204.jpg (24.3 KB, 93 views)
Melonhead1102 likes this.

2009 Imperial Blue Metallic GMC 2500HD Crew Cab -
Silverthorne, CO
@Motodrew - IG
Build Thread

Build Sheet: 8" Fabtech lift ; 20x9.5 Fuel Maverick wheels ; 5" MBRP exhaust w/3" MBRP Downpipe ; FASS 150 w/ draw straw ; EGR Block ; PCV Reroute ; EFI Live by DDD ; TransGo Jr ; Edge Insight CTS2 ; Ruff Stuff Specialties Traction Bars ; Boost Mirrors
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 69 (permalink) Old 06-29-2018, 07:23 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Feels good to have that downpipe job behind me. I ended up finding my fuel filter head was leaking. I purchased an o ring/seal rebuild kit which fixed that right up! Super easy fix this morning before coming into work. Now she's parked in her spot at the office:

knotReally and Melonhead1102 like this.

Silverthorne, CO
@Motodrew - IG
Build Thread

Build Sheet: 8" Fabtech lift ; 20x9.5 Fuel Maverick wheels ; 5" MBRP exhaust w/3" MBRP Downpipe ; FASS 150 w/ draw straw ; EGR Block ; PCV Reroute ; EFI Live by DDD ; TransGo Jr ; Edge Insight CTS2 ; Ruff Stuff Specialties Traction Bars ; Boost Mirrors
post #63 of 69 (permalink) Old 08-30-2018, 11:50 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Haven't finished my traction bars yet. I know, I know. I'm not happy about it either. We recently had our new baby girl so I've been a little preoccupied. Hoping to find time before winter hits. For now, here are some recent photos. Can anyone guess their location?

Silverthorne, CO
@Motodrew - IG
Build Thread

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #64 of 69 (permalink) Old 09-26-2018, 06:38 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Finally, I was able to accomplish quite a few things this weekend. I got my traction bars welded up into place and the TransGo Jr kit installed. I can definitely put the power down now!

Silverthorne, CO
@Motodrew - IG
Build Thread

post #65 of 69 (permalink) Old 10-02-2018, 06:57 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Spent the weekend in Wyoming and had a beautiful campsite within Grand Teton National Park. Views were spectacular!

Silverthorne, CO
@Motodrew - IG
Build Thread

post #66 of 69 (permalink) Old 10-19-2018, 09:20 AM Thread Starter

Garage
In preparation for winter, I've mounted a receptacle for plugging in my block heater.

Silverthorne, CO
@Motodrew - IG
Build Thread

post #67 of 69 (permalink) Old 04-07-2019, 09:31 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Been putting the truck through the paces this winter! No new modifications lately. I've only put on new Duratracs.

Black HD likes this.

Silverthorne, CO
@Motodrew - IG
Build Thread

post #68 of 69 (permalink) Old 04-10-2019, 09:12 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Picked up some FREE OEM cab lamps last night! SCORE! Gonna find a wiring harness and get these mounted up as soon as the sun returns to Colorado!

M.A.M. and Black HD like this.

Silverthorne, CO
@Motodrew - IG
Build Thread

post #69 of 69 (permalink) Old 04-19-2019, 07:50 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Cab lamps installed!

Got the cab lamps installed this week! Also gave the wheels a much needed spring polishing. Well deserved high five from my helper, Oakley!

Noble_dmax and Black HD like this.

Silverthorne, CO
@Motodrew - IG
Build Thread

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode