Up pipes and exhaust manifolds - Page 4 - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
07.5-10 LMM Performance Parts Discussion Discussion of Performance Parts For the 2007.5 to 2010 LMM Duramax Trucks No Advertising

6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 39 (permalink) Old 07-20-2018, 03:10 PM
DF Sponsors

So here is a stock up pipe bellow compared to the ones on our Dmax Store MaxFlow up pipes.
DaJokr likes this.

-Jimmy (aka novaman64)

WWW.DMAXSTORE.COM
DURAMAX ONLY STORE 1-877-4MY-DMAX

KRYPTONITE STEERING
STAGE 5 ALLISON KITS FROM $1299.00
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 39 (permalink) Old 07-20-2018, 03:14 PM
DuramaxForum Fanatic

Now that looks like it breathes well. I’d like to know what kind of EGTs a person would see between stock and a modified truck. Jimmy, you have info on that for a person maxing out stock fuel/air?

Beastly Build
LBZ Drag Racing
2006 GMC LBZ 4x4 CC/SB
1/4 Mile [email protected]
1.793 60'
DIED 09/19/17 11:02AM
REVIVED 12/21/17 3:57PM
post #33 of 39 (permalink) Old 07-20-2018, 03:53 PM
DF Sponsors

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaJokr View Post
Now that looks like it breathes well. Iíd like to know what kind of EGTs a person would see between stock and a modified truck. Jimmy, you have info on that for a person maxing out stock fuel/air?
Hard to give a definitive answer on that as every tuner runs different, PPEI tunes normally run about 200 deg hotter than ATP tunes did from my recollection. Most the trucks we have are modded out or have a ton done at once so hard to get that EGT between stock and modded, my trucks baseline was about as much info as we currently have available.

The testing on my truck, I was (and still am) running stock trans tunes. After I did the testing (listed previously in this thread) I upgraded my turbo, I built one running a LBZ exhaust housing with 10 blade turbine, and a LLY front half (64mm) with a billet 6 blade wheel. That further dropped drive PSI about 10 lbs and the highest EGT I have seen to date is 1400. I have done wide open tune 5 runs in the hero gears (5th and 6th) and towed about 20k on tune 2 (heavy tow) up a 7% grade in 90 deg temperature, as well as 8k lbs on tune 3 up a long 6% grade at 5000k ft elevation (foot was to the floor to get by a couple logging trucks in the short passing lane). I had Kory re-do my tunes when I got the turbo to help the spoolup, but it is still supposed to be trans safe tunes. I ran the truck on a dyno for a quick pull in tune 3 and my truck put down 481hp and 863ft lbs at the wheels, which was way more than I expected for a tow tune on stock trans. This September I am planning on running it again on the same dyno I had previously to see how much of a difference the turbo made.

-Jimmy (aka novaman64)

WWW.DMAXSTORE.COM
DURAMAX ONLY STORE 1-877-4MY-DMAX

KRYPTONITE STEERING
STAGE 5 ALLISON KITS FROM $1299.00
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 39 (permalink) Old 07-25-2018, 04:03 PM

Are these made in America?

27 Duramax's so far!!

www.ProFabPerformance.com

We also handle S & B filters, Air Dog lift pumps, and Kraftwerks Superchargers.

Special Thanks to my Sponsors!!
Danville Performance, SoCal Diesel, Vibrant Performance, & ProFab Performance!!
post #35 of 39 (permalink) Old 07-25-2018, 04:18 PM
DuramaxForum Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickDLance View Post
Are these made in America?
Maybe you can give me an idea of how much this would help my EGTs rick? Running a max effort built trans tune from KW, if I plant it to pass my moniter goes berserk. I did a 4Ē dp back exhaust and dp which helped some, but Iím wondering if it isnít time to look into headers and up pipes...

Sry to jack thread. PM me please Rick

Beastly Build
LBZ Drag Racing
2006 GMC LBZ 4x4 CC/SB
1/4 Mile [email protected]
1.793 60'
DIED 09/19/17 11:02AM
REVIVED 12/21/17 3:57PM
post #36 of 39 (permalink) Old 07-26-2018, 05:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaJokr View Post
Maybe you can give me an idea of how much this would help my EGTs rick? Running a max effort built trans tune from KW, if I plant it to pass my moniter goes berserk. I did a 4Ē dp back exhaust and dp which helped some, but Iím wondering if it isnít time to look into headers and up pipes...

Sry to jack thread. PM me please Rick
PM sent

27 Duramax's so far!!

post #37 of 39 (permalink) Old 07-31-2018, 09:12 AM

If you guys do your homework you will most likely shy away from the "foreign" parts. I get people calling all the time that have them and want to shoot the people that made them.

Good QUALITY Made in the USA stuff is not that much more!!
CDmax16 likes this.

27 Duramax's so far!!

Last edited by RickDLance; 07-31-2018 at 10:47 AM.
post #38 of 39 (permalink) Old 07-31-2018, 11:57 AM

Following some advice I received from DRC I am going to be making mods to my pickup a little at a time so I can track the changes. Need to replace a few structural items (tie rods, etc) but will move to the 'performance mods' this fall/winter.

I guess if vendors wanted real-life comparison numbers from someone on here they would reach out? I got a bone stock pickup with 123k that I'm going to be making some changes to. I don't expect it but if anyone is interested... I love seeing the numbers too... as many stat classes as I had to take in college

07 Bowtie LMM CCSB Z: Nice truck, mad wife, empty wallet.

With all this "gun control" talk I haven't heard one politician say how they plan to take guns from criminals, just law abiding citizens.
post #39 of 39 (permalink) Old 12-20-2019, 08:18 AM

I have a 2006 chevy 3500 with an LBZ .I have PPE down pipe , Fass lift pump and sump ,4" MBRP exhaust ,Egr delete , Y bridge , PPE exhaust manifold , and high flow up pipes. Also a live tune . Banks inter cooler and high flow pipes. Truck runs great and mileage is about the same unless I get my foot into it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode