All crank... no start! - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
11-16 LML Duramax Powertrain Discussion of components that are directly involved in the power production and all that is needed to get and keep the truck moving . Engine , Transmission, Etc.

2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-01-2019, 09:05 AM Thread Starter

Garage
All crank... no start!

Heading down the highway and heard an engine rattle noise like a sputter dying sound. Pulled over, engine died and will not start. No trouble lights or codes come up on the scanner. Pumped up the fuel filter multi times and tried to start but no luck. 2014 dually, deleted 2 years ago without a problem until now. EFI live with 5 stage switch. What else can I be looking at?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-01-2019, 09:31 PM

CP4

2015.5 Chevrolet Silverado LTZ, Z71, SRW.
Summit White
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-01-2019, 10:49 PM Thread Starter

Garage
rockn69 wins the prize! mechanic says the whole system needs to be replaced, and cleaned. Going to be a pricey job. Any other choice?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-02-2019, 01:44 AM Thread Starter

Garage
What can you tell me about doing a CP3 conversion? Opinions? Also now would be a good time to delete the EGR I think
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-02-2019, 11:04 AM
Duramax Lifetime Supporter

Definitely do the CP3 conversion there's plenty of reading on it and also do a complete delete if possible.

2001 2500HD 4WD EXTENDED CAB LS,
S&B CAI, 4" STAINLESS STEEL EXHAUST, EFI LIVE FROM ATP TRUCKS, EDGE CTS, PPE BOOST VALVE, BANKS INTERCOOLER PIPE, AIR DOG II 165, REBUILT TRANNY WITH SUNCOAST KIT, TRANSGO SHIFTKIT AND BILLIT TORQUE CONVERTER, NEW UPGRADED TAILSHAFT, PUMP RUB FIX ON TRANSFER WITH NEW ALUMINUM TAIL SHAFT, NEW TOW MIRRORS, NEW GAGE HEAVY DUTY FRONT AND REAR BUMPERS, BEANS SUMP, FUMOTO VALVE, RARE PARTS TIE RODS WITH COGNITO PISK, MAD JACK FUEL FILTER ACCESS DOOR, STAINLESS STEEL SPEED BLEEDERS.
2011 GMC 3500HD DUALLY Welding Bed, 4WD CREW CAB, 4" downpipe back exhaust, def delete, egr delete, with new LB7 up pipe, pcv reroute, Fass 150, EFI live with DSP 5, HSP CAI. Air Lift Air bags. PPEI transmission tune.
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-03-2019, 12:17 AM Thread Starter

Garage
In for a penny... in for a pound! Full delete for sure. Should a lift pump be added as well with the CP3 or should I have done that before the 4 crapped out?
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-03-2019, 06:23 AM

Seeing as you're running a DSP5 I assume you have some bigger HP tunes, so it would be a good idea to run a lift pump.

Summit White
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-03-2019, 10:24 AM Thread Starter

Garage
So with the CP3 kit, can I just pick one up off the shelf or have they been modified to fit different applications, or is it just the lines etc that are specific to each install?
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-05-2019, 06:29 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Update: The CP4 gear is in pieces inside the timing cover, the timing cover is broken where the gear tried to escape. Has anybody seen this happen before? I'll post a pic as soon as I figure out how to lol
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-05-2019, 09:13 PM

So pump grenaded wiping out fuel system, plus the gear taking out cover? Or gear broke & bust cover, plus what ever else you haven't discovered yet That's some bad luck.

Summit White
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode