GM CP4 Kit - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
11-16 LML Duramax Powertrain Discussion of components that are directly involved in the power production and all that is needed to get and keep the truck moving . Engine , Transmission, Etc.

1Likes
  • 1 Post By J83

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 02:43 PM Thread Starter

GM CP4 Kit

GM Pump kit

kit GM12672028 was replaced by Kit GM12702459

Anyone know if the injector pump is different in new kit.
What is different in the kit?

2015 GMC 3500HD D/A CC/SB 4x4 SummitWhite,,
Michelin LTX AT 275/70-18, Retrax Pro, chromed tubular, 6" rectangular assist step, FRONT AND REAR MOLDED SPLASH GUARDS, BLACK
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 03:53 PM
DuramaxForum n00b

Did you hear anything on this?

It will be interesting to see if GM has just wholesale ignored the failure rate, damage to their reputation, etc. or if they actually have worked with Bosch to come up with a more robust replacement version of the CP4. Maybe a CP4.3?

Other than a general recall or highly subsidized/ incentivized replacement program, I hope that availability of something short of a CP3 and resultant requirement for a tune to make it work comes available. Its going to be painful to just do a direct replacement if or when mine gives up the ghost.

2015.5 GMC Denali HD LML 6.6' bed CC SRW
EMISSIONS ON, Resonator delete, PCV relocation, AFE Rear Diff Cover, 34.5" Toyo AT2 Tires, Bilstein Shocks, FASS 95gph/ lowered PSI lift pump, Exergy Fuel System Saver, Dirty Hooker Diesel Line Pressure Modifier, Edge Insight CTS2 Monitor
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 04:21 PM

Location: we live in a high mountain valley in the hi country of northern arizona
[QUOTE=LMLMAO;12226047..... Its going to be painful to just do a direct replacement if or when mine gives up the ghost.[/QUOTE]

A search of this site suggests that "if or when" the CP4 fails, your loss could be in the area of $8,000 - $12,000.

2013 3500 long bed crew cab. Purchased at approx. 80,000; now have 91,000, convert to CP3. DPF "triggerd" a limp mode, so was cut out of the vehicle & cleaned by a DPF cleaning co., on re-installation, everything back to normal. Would never ever think of something as nasty and as anti bunny wabbet as a full-delete...after all..dosnt everyone like the fun & excitement of being stuck by the side of a Interstate in the ran while towing when one's truck's computer decides to go into "limp mode"...?.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old Today, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wberg View Post
GM Pump kit

kit GM12672028 was replaced by Kit GM12702459

Anyone know if the injector pump is different in new kit.
What is different in the kit?
It is supposed to be an updated pump, dubbed the "CP4.2". They still fail due to the design of the CP4. Your best bet is to do a CP3 conversion.

2004 LB7
S&S SAC00 Injectors
AirDog II-4G 100
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old Today, 12:13 PM
J83
DuramaxForum Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTNKLB7 View Post
It is supposed to be an updated pump, dubbed the "CP4.2". They still fail due to the design of the CP4. Your best bet is to do a CP3 conversion.
I thought the .1 and .2 denoted the number of cylinders in the pump and has nothing to do with revision number?

FC5452 likes this.

2015 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD 6.6L LML
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old Today, 12:29 PM
Taking the Long Way Home

Send a message via AIM to FC5452
Quote:
Originally Posted by J83 View Post
I thought the .1 and .2 denoted the number of cylinders in the pump and has nothing to do with revision number?

This would be correct

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

S468 with some fuel and a Tuna or two
MY Build
Need or Want Tuning for your Duramax, click Below
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in