LML Stalled and will not crank back up - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
11-16 LML Duramax Powertrain Discussion of components that are directly involved in the power production and all that is needed to get and keep the truck moving . Engine , Transmission, Etc.

1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-02-2019, 09:33 AM Thread Starter

Exclamation LML Stalled and will not crank back up

Hey guys I need help!
I have a 2012 GMC Sierra Denali 2500 HD with EGR Delete, DEF delete, 4 in straight pipe, GDP EFI live tunes, FASS 95 gph lift pump with cat fuel filters, s&b intake, and the OEM fuel filter housing has been deleted.
I was sitting at the gas station Saturday and waiting for the normal lady to get out of the way of the diesel pump and my truck just randomly stalled and shut off. The truck would not crank back up. So I pushed the heavy ass truck all the way to the pump and filled it up, let the lift pump cycle a few times and still nothing... So I got it towed to the house and the truck will not crank up no matter what I do. The lift pump is still working. I checked fuses for the fuel pump and everything and still nothing. When I crank it it seems like it is not getting any fuel and it does not wanna crank. No codes are being thrown and I have the CTS2 monitor and still no codes. Do yall have any ideas on what this could be????
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-02-2019, 09:50 AM
Duramax Lifetime Supporter

Garage
Check your actual fuel rail pressure on your CTS2 while youíre cranking. Is it building rail pressure?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2017 GMC 3500 DRW/CCLB

--2015 GMC 3500 SRW/CCLB--
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-02-2019, 10:00 AM

Location: we live in a high mountain valley in the hi country of northern arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Hey guys I need help!...ÖÖ...just randomly stalled and shut off. The truck would not crank back up.

..Ö. truck will not crank up no matter what I do. Ö..When I crank it it seems like it is not getting any fuel and it does not wanna crank.e????
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Would like to help, but you are using language in a way that I am not able to understand.

When you say your "truck would not crank back up", are you telling us your starter motor is not cranking the motor over? Or are you telling us the starter motor will crank the motor, but it will not fire.

Trying to understand you - cant help with ideas until you clarify.

2013 3500 long bed crew cab. Purchased at approx. 80,000; now have 91,000, convert to CP3. DPF "triggerd" a limp mode, so was cut out of the vehicle & cleaned by a DPF cleaning co., on re-installation, everything back to normal. Would never ever think of something as nasty and as anti bunny wabbet as a full-delete...after all..dosnt everyone like the fun & excitement of being stuck by the side of a Interstate in the ran while towing when one's truck's computer decides to go into "limp mode"...?.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-02-2019, 10:19 AM

not being a smart ass but did you run out of fuel?

2014-GMC 2500 SLE
18"TOYO AT/2
WESTIN BULL BAR
AFE ELITE INTAKE
FASS 95 LIFT PUMP&BEANS SUMP
FIRESTONE AIR BAGS
RAPTOR BED LINER &R/WHEEL WELLS
XDM-45
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-02-2019, 06:23 PM Thread Starter

maybe

thats the thing I do not know, i had 50 miles to e was kinda on a slope so im thinking it did with the way the lift pump works
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-02-2019, 06:24 PM Thread Starter

NO It is not building pressure on cts2 while cranking, also yes the truck is turning over, just not firing off
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-02-2019, 06:52 PM

I'd say your sucking air from the tank.

post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-02-2019, 06:58 PM

Garage
Check to make sure the lift pump is actually pumping fuel. If it isnít, either itís not self-priming, or thereís an issue with the pickup in the tank. If it is pumping fuel, youíve got bigger issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2017 GMC 3500 DRW/CCLB

--2015 GMC 3500 SRW/CCLB--
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-03-2019, 06:06 AM
DuramaxForum n00b

Fuel pump failure ?
LMLLover likes this.
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-03-2019, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durmmax View Post
Fuel pump failure ?
You hit the nail square on the head. When there is no fuel at the fuel pickup the fuel pump failed to deliver that fuel.

2008 Silverado 2500HD CCSB LTZ Diesel
FASS 95 Lift Pump (with Baldwin filters), Edge Insight CTS Monitor on a Windshield Mount, Nicktane Fuel Filter Adapter w/ CAT 306-9199 UHE tertiary fuel filter, Bilstein 5100 Stock Height, Bushwacker Bed Rail Caps, AMP Research Bedstep, Fumoto oil drain valve, Dorman PS Oil cooler, Pioneer AVIC 7200NEX GPS/Stereo, Air Lift LoadLifter 5000 Air Bags.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in