Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum

Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum (https://www.duramaxforum.com/forum/)
-   11-16 LML Duramax Powertrain (https://www.duramaxforum.com/forum/11-16-lml-duramax-powertrain/)
-   -   P2771 & p0700 help asap (https://www.duramaxforum.com/forum/11-16-lml-duramax-powertrain/1003015-p2771-p0700-help-asap.html)

deez112 12-07-2019 07:54 AM

P2771 & p0700 help asap

1 Attachment(s)
I own a 16 chevy 2500hd LML 4x4 and I have recently changed transfer case fluid and front and rear diff. Randomly I get 2 codes, when I'm driving through town(stop and go traffic) P0700-trans control system - circuit malfunction & P2771-4x4 low gear circuit circuit malfunction. What I'm confused about is. This trck has used 4x4 low, probably 2 times its entire life(since i bought it off the dealership lot in 2016) I use 4x4 High everyday to get up my driveway. But always attempt to make sure I'm out 4x4 after i get to the top of my hill.... please help, this is my daily driver. I'm not sure where to begin to look at exposures to wires. Thank you for you're help!

CDmax16 12-07-2019 08:46 AM

How often are you getting the codes?

deez112 12-07-2019 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CDmax16 (Post 12235809)
How often are you getting the codes?

It was rare. Then, the other day it popped up on my way to work. So, I changed fluid in transfer case and front and rear differentials. After I changed fluids, it was gone. But, then yesterday I was in town doing errands, and it popped up yet again. I have noticed that it's getting harder to put gear shifter in Park.

CDmax16 12-07-2019 09:36 AM

Mine does it every once and while as well. I have researched it and talked with others that have had the same codes, and unfortunately, I have not heard of a solution yet. I donít remember everything that was tried by different people, but a few things were, 4 wheel drive switch, checked the wiring and connections at tcm trans and tc and nothing worked. And one guy put in a new tcm.

Itís hard to diagnose when it is so random. I got the codes maybe half a dozen times the first two years and then earlier this year it happened about 4 times in a month and I thought here we go, something is going to break and at last I will figure it out. Nothing broke and it hasnít happened since ( I know I just jinxed myself). The concerning thing for you is the putting it in park issue, mine doesnít have any other issues.

Hopefully you can find the problem or someone else will chime in and help out. I will go back and look at my old conversations about this and see if something doesnít help.

deez112 12-07-2019 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CDmax16 (Post 12235821)
Mine does it every once and while as well. I have researched it and talked with others that have had the same codes, and unfortunately, I have not heard of a solution yet. I donít remember everything that was tried by different people, but a few things were, 4 wheel drive switch, checked the wiring and connections at tcm trans and tc and nothing worked. And one guy put in a new tcm.

Itís hard to diagnose when it is so random. I got the codes maybe half a dozen times the first two years and then earlier this year it happened about 4 times in a month and I thought here we go, something is going to break and at last I will figure it out. Nothing broke and it hasnít happened since ( I know I just jinxed myself). The concerning thing for you is the putting it in park issue, mine doesnít have any other issues.

Hopefully you can find the problem or someone else will chime in and help out. I will go back and look at my old conversations about this and see if something doesnít help.

See, the even more weird part is, my transmission doesn't start to act up and shift harder, until that light comes on. Truck shifts fine 1st good 2,3, then going into 4th so rapidly but, I think I am going to do a trans relearn and hope that fixes it. If you don't mind me asking CDMAX16 Cou lml d you tell me the proper procedure to trans relearn process

Ron Nielson 12-07-2019 11:11 AM

1 Attachment(s)

deez112 12-07-2019 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ron Nielson (Post 12235849)

This is for an 08, is it the same procedure?

deez112 12-07-2019 01:33 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Hopefully this may help a little more

deez112 12-08-2019 07:54 AM

Bump

redwngr 12-08-2019 11:10 AM

Since the descriptions are 'circuit faults' seems they would electrical issues, rather than a fault with the item(s) being monitored.

P0700 is something with serial communication to TCM
P2771 is a status/logic problem with 4WD Low switch.

Have you verified connectors/harness connected and not damaged?

I'd think changing fluid wouldn't have anything to do with either one -- unless a harness/connector was moved during the process.