P2771 & p0700 help asap - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
11-16 LML Duramax Powertrain Discussion of components that are directly involved in the power production and all that is needed to get and keep the truck moving . Engine , Transmission, Etc.

4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old 12-07-2019, 07:54 AM Thread Starter

Garage
P2771 & p0700 help asap

I own a 16 chevy 2500hd LML 4x4 and I have recently changed transfer case fluid and front and rear diff. Randomly I get 2 codes, when I'm driving through town(stop and go traffic) P0700-trans control system - circuit malfunction & P2771-4x4 low gear circuit circuit malfunction. What I'm confused about is. This trck has used 4x4 low, probably 2 times its entire life(since i bought it off the dealership lot in 2016) I use 4x4 High everyday to get up my driveway. But always attempt to make sure I'm out 4x4 after i get to the top of my hill.... please help, this is my daily driver. I'm not sure where to begin to look at exposures to wires. Thank you for you're help!
Attached Images

16" LML LT BLACK HAMMER
5"Jamo
ANARCHY EFI LIVE
FASS165GPH/FASS HEATER
G&R SUMP
Block-off plates
INSIGHT EDGE CTS2
SPYDER AUTO TAILS
CougarMotor LEDs
Morimoto Fogs
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 12-07-2019, 08:46 AM
Duramax Lifetime Supporter

How often are you getting the codes?

2016 2500hd Custom Sport, Z71, LTZ
Leveled with Moto 961's and 295/70\18 Ridge Grapplers,Amp steps, Weathertech mats, Extang Encore,S&B dry,
Wehrli intake bridge and AFE IC piping,Edge Insight cts2, AirDog II 165,SDP resonator delete, Mishimoto pcv catch can, MBRP down pipe,Recon led tail lights and third brake light, Morimoto mini D2S 5.0 projectors w/hidís, Morimoto 2stroke 2.0 ledís highs and fogs.
Kryptonite ucaís & tie rod sleeves, CCM diff drop,Fox 2.0 reservoirs, steering stabilizer, CalTracs,
Cognito PISK and heavy duty sway bar links, AirLift bags,
Nitro 4.30ís w/Nitro TracRite posi...
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 12-07-2019, 09:06 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDmax16 View Post
How often are you getting the codes?
It was rare. Then, the other day it popped up on my way to work. So, I changed fluid in transfer case and front and rear differentials. After I changed fluids, it was gone. But, then yesterday I was in town doing errands, and it popped up yet again. I have noticed that it's getting harder to put gear shifter in Park.

16" LML LT BLACK HAMMER
5"Jamo
ANARCHY EFI LIVE
FASS165GPH/FASS HEATER
G&R SUMP
Block-off plates
INSIGHT EDGE CTS2
SPYDER AUTO TAILS
CougarMotor LEDs
Morimoto Fogs
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 12-07-2019, 09:36 AM
Duramax Lifetime Supporter

Mine does it every once and while as well. I have researched it and talked with others that have had the same codes, and unfortunately, I have not heard of a solution yet. I donít remember everything that was tried by different people, but a few things were, 4 wheel drive switch, checked the wiring and connections at tcm trans and tc and nothing worked. And one guy put in a new tcm.

Itís hard to diagnose when it is so random. I got the codes maybe half a dozen times the first two years and then earlier this year it happened about 4 times in a month and I thought here we go, something is going to break and at last I will figure it out. Nothing broke and it hasnít happened since ( I know I just jinxed myself). The concerning thing for you is the putting it in park issue, mine doesnít have any other issues.

Hopefully you can find the problem or someone else will chime in and help out. I will go back and look at my old conversations about this and see if something doesnít help.

2016 2500hd Custom Sport, Z71, LTZ
Leveled with Moto 961's and 295/70\18 Ridge Grapplers,Amp steps, Weathertech mats, Extang Encore,S&B dry,
Wehrli intake bridge and AFE IC piping,Edge Insight cts2, AirDog II 165,SDP resonator delete, Mishimoto pcv catch can, MBRP down pipe,Recon led tail lights and third brake light, Morimoto mini D2S 5.0 projectors w/hidís, Morimoto 2stroke 2.0 ledís highs and fogs.
Kryptonite ucaís & tie rod sleeves, CCM diff drop,Fox 2.0 reservoirs, steering stabilizer, CalTracs,
Cognito PISK and heavy duty sway bar links, AirLift bags,
Nitro 4.30ís w/Nitro TracRite posi...
post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 12-07-2019, 10:18 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDmax16 View Post
Mine does it every once and while as well. I have researched it and talked with others that have had the same codes, and unfortunately, I have not heard of a solution yet. I donít remember everything that was tried by different people, but a few things were, 4 wheel drive switch, checked the wiring and connections at tcm trans and tc and nothing worked. And one guy put in a new tcm.

Itís hard to diagnose when it is so random. I got the codes maybe half a dozen times the first two years and then earlier this year it happened about 4 times in a month and I thought here we go, something is going to break and at last I will figure it out. Nothing broke and it hasnít happened since ( I know I just jinxed myself). The concerning thing for you is the putting it in park issue, mine doesnít have any other issues.

Hopefully you can find the problem or someone else will chime in and help out. I will go back and look at my old conversations about this and see if something doesnít help.
See, the even more weird part is, my transmission doesn't start to act up and shift harder, until that light comes on. Truck shifts fine 1st good 2,3, then going into 4th so rapidly but, I think I am going to do a trans relearn and hope that fixes it. If you don't mind me asking CDMAX16 Cou lml d you tell me the proper procedure to trans relearn process
post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 12-07-2019, 11:11 AM
DuramaxForum Veteran

P02771.pdf
Fredn3ck likes this.

Ron Nielson
2008 Silverado LT, CCLB, Edge Insight CTS
2009 Arctic Fox 29-5T, Silver Fox Edition, Onan 3600 LPG generator
post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 12-07-2019, 01:29 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Nielson View Post
This is for an 08, is it the same procedure?

16" LML LT BLACK HAMMER
5"Jamo
ANARCHY EFI LIVE
FASS165GPH/FASS HEATER
G&R SUMP
Block-off plates
INSIGHT EDGE CTS2
SPYDER AUTO TAILS
CougarMotor LEDs
Morimoto Fogs
post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 12-07-2019, 01:33 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Hopefully this may help a little more
Attached Images

16" LML LT BLACK HAMMER
5"Jamo
ANARCHY EFI LIVE
FASS165GPH/FASS HEATER
G&R SUMP
Block-off plates
INSIGHT EDGE CTS2
SPYDER AUTO TAILS
CougarMotor LEDs
Morimoto Fogs
post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 12-08-2019, 07:54 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Bump

16" LML LT BLACK HAMMER
5"Jamo
ANARCHY EFI LIVE
FASS165GPH/FASS HEATER
G&R SUMP
Block-off plates
INSIGHT EDGE CTS2
SPYDER AUTO TAILS
CougarMotor LEDs
Morimoto Fogs
post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old 12-08-2019, 11:10 AM
DuramaxForum Fanatic

Since the descriptions are 'circuit faults' seems they would electrical issues, rather than a fault with the item(s) being monitored.

P0700 is something with serial communication to TCM
P2771 is a status/logic problem with 4WD Low switch.

Have you verified connectors/harness connected and not damaged?

I'd think changing fluid wouldn't have anything to do with either one -- unless a harness/connector was moved during the process.

2018 GMC 2500 L5P CCSB 4x4 Denali - Mineral Metallic; previous '11 LML, '10 LMM and 04.5 LLY
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode