Need help with injectors! - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
11-16 LML Duramax Powertrain Discussion of components that are directly involved in the power production and all that is needed to get and keep the truck moving . Engine , Transmission, Etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 12-16-2019, 12:05 AM Thread Starter
DuramaxForum Veteran

truck has been modified for the last 6 years.
Egr removed. Dpf etc. Been tuned for 95k miles.
Mods are.

Fleece 10mm cp3
Ppei tunes
Up pipes and manifolds
Fass
Sump
3794-68/S480SXE
Factory fuel filter delete

Has run flawless the last 6 years
Last night I did valve covers (both vented to a catch can. And installed some exergy 100% injectors (remans from exergy) . As you may think, it was a bitch to prime lol. Finally got it to fire. Ran smooth. Let it warm up. Took it for a test drive. Damn thing made some power! Balance rates were all within 1%
Parked it, let it idle to cool down. Shut it off. Let it sit overnight.
Start it up tonight and it's missing hard and barreling out grey smoke. Filled the shop within seconds like a Dodge with a lope tune
Checked all torque specs on hold downs for heat cycle. Set at 23ft lbs. All good.
Checked fuel return lines. High pressure lines. Hooked up efi scan 7.5, fuel rail pressure perfect desired vs actual dead nuts.
Unplugged injectors 1 by 1 in case one was stuck open. No change. Checked wiring (nothing moved from the last drive) no chaffing
Nothing is wrong with it. No CEL!?!?
.. Balance rates are + - 10.
What the hell is going on with it? Did 6 of my new injectors go bad over night?
Scratching my head here... Nothing is out of place aside from the balance rates which were perfect the last drive and it ran like shit the moment I started it today. SOMEONE HELP 😂😭😭

Also put the oil cap upside down just to see. There's no pressure out the fill tube so no cracked pistons.
Even changed tunes
Attached Images

2013 gmc sierra 2500hd
SDP 3" Y bridge, 5" intake. DRP S475/stock charger kit. fleece powerflow750 4"downpipe and charge pipes. drp driver side charge pipe, drp fuel sump
5" mbrp full dp back straight exhaust, mbrp 5-6" tip, fass150 titanium. all egr system removed. pcv re route, ppe manifolds and up pipes, custom tunes by kory, efi live
fuel throttle 20x10 wheels on 35x12.5's. zone shocks, ZONE 5" lift turned down for flat cvs.
cognito PISkit. rough country tie rod sleeves,
bds ladder traction bars, removed side mouldings. home made rbp grill, home made spyder head rack
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 12-16-2019, 07:10 AM
Duramax Lifetime Supporter

Could have shortened some rods. Maybe do a compression check on all cylinders? I don't think low compression in some cylinders will cause excessive blow by so that oil cap deal doesn't eliminate a bent rod, but maybe I'm not thinking correctly. Just an idea.

Let us know what you find.

Sent from my SM-G977U using Tapatalk

2016 lml chevy ccsb. Last december installed a HSP compound turbo kit with a stainless diesel 5 blade S475 over stock. And a exergy 10mm cp3 conversion kit but still stock injectors and transmission. 5" flo-pro exhaust with no muffler and tuning is done with EZ Lynk by PPEI.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode