Excuse to delete my 2016 LML - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
11-16 LML Duramax Powertrain Discussion of components that are directly involved in the power production and all that is needed to get and keep the truck moving . Engine , Transmission, Etc.

1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-02-2020, 07:03 PM Thread Starter

Excuse to delete my 2016 LML

Bought this truck 6 months ago with about 85k mi on it and hasn't missed a beat so far at 105k. Mostly daily driver but will pull a 35ft camper in the summer. Got a P21DD code which has to do with def tank heater. I told my self I wouldn't delete or tune the truck unless something went wrong with the emissions system. Is this a good excuse to do it or is this an easily resolved issue? I have efi live and v2 and not afraid of tuning and delete at all. Also will this code cause it to go into limp mode eventually or not? Hasn't as of yet.

Thanks

2016 LML GMC Denali 2500HD Stock, 105,000 mi

2005 LLY GMC Sierra 2500HD ZF6 w/Hydra Bed Flat bed, 165,000 mi, DSP 5 with tuning from Duramaxtuner.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-03-2020, 07:27 AM

If you do delete it be sure you can un delete it if needed.

27 Duramax's so far!!

www.ProFabPerformance.com

We also handle S & B filters, Air Dog lift pumps, and Kraftwerks Superchargers.

Special Thanks to my Sponsors!!
Danville Performance, SoCal Diesel, Vibrant Performance, & ProFab Performance!!
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-03-2020, 08:45 AM

Garage
I had the same code awhile back and the def heater assembly was replaced under warranty. At that time, there was a nationwide back order on these heaters. Not sure if it is still going on now? It took about a month for my dealer to receive some. They initially cleared the code when I first took it in, and I too was concerned if it would return and go into limp. The dealer was pretty confident it wouldn't go limp if it returned. I really didn't like that answer as they didn't seem 100% sure. From what I've read on these forums, it seems nobody really is, but I don't recall one going limp just from the P21DD code. My code did return a few times during that month waiting for the part, but I cleared it with my CTS2. Since mine has been replaced, I've had no repeat issue's...

Also, GM did extend the warranty on these for 10 years or 120,000 miles. See pic below I grabbed from another thread...
Attached Images

drstimpy likes this.

2016 Sierra 2500HD Denali CCSB 4x4
- CCM Leveling Kit
- Bilstein 5100 Shocks
- Nitto Ridge Grappler (285/65 R20)
- Edge Insight CTS2 in Console Mount
- Highway Products Tool Box
- LED Fog Lights
- Rigid LED Back Up Lights
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-03-2020, 10:56 AM
DuramaxForum n00b

if anything, do it because your truck will sound good!
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-17-2020, 04:10 PM

I couldn't even get someone to sell me the parts to delete mine when I was looking into it about a month ago.
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-17-2020, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sneyeper View Post
I couldn't even get someone to sell me the parts to delete mine when I was looking into it about a month ago.
time to buy pre made bends and some straight pipe and weld up your own.hell,I have an exhaust from an early cc that would be a good start.

2002 GMC 2500HD, ECSB, 4WD, LB7
new style gm exhaust manifold, banks big head wastegate, PPE boost valve, banks air intake,high idle switch in cruise control, stock but not for long
EFI live tuned by me now,dps5 switch,EGT probe and autometer boost sensor,SoCal 6spd conversion

2016 GMC Denali stock for now
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-18-2020, 01:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmc502 View Post
time to buy pre made bends and some straight pipe and weld up your own.hell,I have an exhaust from an early cc that would be a good start.
Yea ... Pre-made bends? Because that is actually a real thing for DPF/EGR/DEF deletes?? Also, that doesn't do anything without programming ... haha.
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-18-2020, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sneyeper View Post
Yea ... Pre-made bends? Because that is actually a real thing for DPF/EGR/DEF deletes?? Also, that doesn't do anything without programming ... haha.
make a call to canada.

new style gm exhaust manifold, banks big head wastegate, PPE boost valve, banks air intake,high idle switch in cruise control, stock but not for long
EFI live tuned by me now,dps5 switch,EGT probe and autometer boost sensor,SoCal 6spd conversion

post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-18-2020, 09:34 AM

is there aby way to get an old efi tuning set up for the 2016 lml delete capability.any one have a version on a hard drive they want to share w/ me.

post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-18-2020, 04:00 PM

You might try the EFI live forum.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode