LML Wont Fire, not throwing any codes. - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
11-16 LML Duramax Powertrain Discussion of components that are directly involved in the power production and all that is needed to get and keep the truck moving . Engine , Transmission, Etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-08-2020, 10:00 PM Thread Starter

LML Wont Fire, not throwing any codes.

A few weeks ago my truck was having a hard time starting. It would crank for 5-10 seconds, and sometimes take a second time turning key to get it to fire. Once it was running, the truck ran fine. No loss of power, no smoke, drove like normal. Last weekend when leaving store it took several times to crank it over before it finally fired and I drove home. I did some research on here and on ole google but could not find anything useful. Went back outside to fire it up again and now it won't start at all.

Truck has 147k miles, is tuned and deleted running a Fass 150 and still has factory CP4. I typically run it on a 120 tune and drive like a grandpa (for the most part) I replaced both batteries last summer, replaced both filters on the Fass150 in Sept (3k miles on them now) replaced factory fuel filter in November. My fuel rail pressure is 4400 while sitting, and when i try to crank it jumps to 6700. I have tried bleeding off the fuel line at the fuel filter valve to make sure there is no air in line. I am also throwing no codes. I don't think it is injectors failing as when the truck was running Sunday i had plenty of power and it drove normally.

I have spoke with a couple diesel shops and have not been able to diagnose anything over the phone with that information. I am going to try replacing the factory fuel filter tomorrow to see if that is where the fail is, but that is a long shot i am sure. If anyone has any suggestions I am all ears. Hoping to avoid the $150 tow and who knows how much for the shop to diagnose at this point if it is something i can fix in the driveway.

Thanks for the help fellas.

B

2011 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 LTZ, leveled,35/1250/18 BFG KO2, Deleted, EFI Live, 5" FloPro w/Muffler, Infinity Kappa 60 speakers, Alpine PDX4 amp, bushwacker fenders, 20" LED Bar in Bumper, Leer topper, Truckvault to hide the goods.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-09-2020, 05:12 AM

LML Wont Fire, not throwing any codes.

The CP4 went out in my 2015 with no warning. It showed no codes. Hope for your sake, that’s not it. Had to go with another stock CP4, because we were on the road and about 1000 miles from home. If it ever goes again I’ll put a CP3 conversion in it. Good luck with it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

2007.5 Chevrolet 2500HD CC SRW 6.6 LMM 190,000 miles. Bought new
New up-pipe, 3” downpipe, cold air intake, cold and hot side tubes, Transgo Junior kit, Allison deep pan and filter kit, Moog tie rod upgrade

2015.5 Chevrolet 3500HD CC DRW 6.6 LML 108,000 miles Bought with 98,000 miles
Stock
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-09-2020, 08:42 AM Thread Starter

Not sure (at least hoping not) it would be the CP4 if i am showing normal fuel rail pressure both at idle and crank. I could be wrong as I don't know the exact location of the sensor that reads the rail pressure.

2011 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 LTZ, leveled,35/1250/18 BFG KO2, Deleted, EFI Live, 5" FloPro w/Muffler, Infinity Kappa 60 speakers, Alpine PDX4 amp, bushwacker fenders, 20" LED Bar in Bumper, Leer topper, Truckvault to hide the goods.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in