13 LML Wipers Will Not Shut Off - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
11-16 LML Duramax Powertrain Discussion of components that are directly involved in the power production and all that is needed to get and keep the truck moving . Engine , Transmission, Etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-10-2020, 09:14 AM Thread Starter
DuramaxForum n00b

13 LML Wipers Will Not Shut Off

Hello,
I have a 2013 Silverado ant the wipers developed a mind of their own. Initially when operating they would not shut off or go into intermittent. I could bump them to max speed and the washer operation seems to be working properly. They would stop mid stroke and then start up again. The problem then rapidly progressed to now they just run and won’t shut off at all. I have to pull the fuse when parked. Luckily it’s raining everyday so then running isn’t that ban while I’m driving.

I have searched but unable to find any info on the lml and newer. Apparently the older trucks has a pulse board but I don’t think mine has one.

Any help would be great.

Thanks!!!!!!!!
Brandon
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-10-2020, 11:39 AM
DuramaxForum Veteran

Wiring diagram available at GMUPFITTER.COM. Also review this video:

Ron Nielson
2008 Silverado LT, CCLB, Edge Insight CTS
2009 Arctic Fox 29-5T, Silver Fox Edition, Onan 3600 LPG generator
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-10-2020, 06:32 PM Thread Starter
DuramaxForum n00b

Thanks! Unfortunately I believe since my truck is newer the wipers are controlled by the BCM rather than a wiper module like in the video.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-11-2020, 12:41 PM
DuramaxForum Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bostonhoff View Post
Thanks! Unfortunately I believe since my truck is newer the wipers are controlled by the BCM rather than a wiper module like in the video.
And so it may be.

I think that I look at the video a little differently than you do. I see someone who has determined how the wiper system was DESIGNED to work, has printed a wiring diagram to look at how the wiper system SHOULD work, and THEN how it could RUN ALL THE TIME. Then with that knowledge, he has done testing to see what parts work correctly, and which don't. He made a determination as to where the problem was, and then fixed the bad part - knowing that he wasn't just guessing. He could have replaced all components with new and would have been covered and spent $$$$. But his effort was to be sure he really found the problem, and then addressed the actual problem.

If you want, you could just replace all the components in your truck (parts shotgun), spend $$$$, and you'll likely have fixed your problem. But if you do some information gathering, get the wiring diagram, do some testing, narrow the problem down to the most likely cause, you will limit your out of pocket $$$$ to maybe $$ or even $. Could your problem be the switch? or the wiring? or the BCM? Or maybe the motor? How will you know?

Your truck, your money, your choice.

Ron Nielson
2008 Silverado LT, CCLB, Edge Insight CTS
2009 Arctic Fox 29-5T, Silver Fox Edition, Onan 3600 LPG generator
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-11-2020, 01:47 PM Thread Starter
DuramaxForum n00b

Well I appreciate it! Unfortunately I know nothing about electrical. I was able to find a diagram but unfortunately I don’t have the knowledge or ability to read it. I guess I was hoping this was a known problem with this year and model and someone who had experienced the issue knew the fix. Thanks you though!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode