deleting DEF on 2012 GMC dmax denali?? - Page 12 - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
11-16 LML Duramax Powertrain Discussion of components that are directly involved in the power production and all that is needed to get and keep the truck moving . Engine , Transmission, Etc.

18Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #111 of 113 (permalink) Old 01-12-2020, 09:42 PM

I'm looking to buy a 2012 GMC Denali and wondering best place to buy all the delete stuff. The truck has about 130k miles and I am looking to make it last past 1million.
Is there any place to buy everything in one kit?
Also be looking for transmission kits
This will be hopefully my first and last diesel truck. I will be using it to tow.
I'm sure the guy I'm buying it from is selling it because it's getting closer to when all this stuff fails.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #112 of 113 (permalink) Old 01-13-2020, 10:26 AM

Location: we live in a high mountain valley in the hi country of northern arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbh5081 View Post
...I am looking to make it last past 1million.
Is there any place to buy everything in one kit? ...it because it's getting closer to when all this stuff fails.
=============================================

Shame on you for suggesting "deletes". First of all ( a moment of being serious ) a lot of Durmax's have gone many hundreds of thousands of miles with no problems either with the CP4 and/or the pollution controls in the 2011 & later trucks..

That being said, not only do I accuse you of being a potential murderer of the cute little fuzzy-chinned bunny wabbets, and threatening to do something to your truck that will cause the end of human life here on Planet Earth in 10 years...but also..you are going to upset Greta Thurnberg even more than she is already upset.

As for where to buy "delete" kits (to, amongst other things, eliminate the fun of having your truck go into "limp mode" when pulling a trailer) not a problem.

Thanks to the guys who shot their mouths off in here with business names & locations, the EPA has pretty much eliminated the possibility you can buy "delete" equipment in the USA.

Yes, I heard it is still POSSIBLE to buy "delete" equipment in Canada, perhaps even have a Canadian shop help you with the work. Big question...what would happen when you try and get the vehicle back into the USA? Or re-register it unless you already have it registered in a "non-inspection" area...?

2013 3500 long bed crew cab. Purchased at approx. 80,000; at this writing have 93,000+, bone-stock except for a few things to increase reliability - convert to CP3. CAT oil filter with nipple installed. Removed one leaf for smoother ride when "empty" - air-shocks to re-gain correct rear elevation when heavy "bumper-pull" towing. Sold to me with round wheels and round tires. I am happy with round wheels & round tires. Went into "limp mode" at the wrong time. Had the DPF cleaned by a professional DPF cleaning service so pollution system is bone stock and fully operable....well..it was until.....
post #113 of 113 (permalink) Old 01-13-2020, 01:10 PM

Okay I guess I should say off-road\sport upgrades? So I can get further out to nowhere?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode