Calling out all who had problems with DEF/Emissions - Page 249 - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
11-16 LML Duramax Powertrain Discussion of components that are directly involved in the power production and all that is needed to get and keep the truck moving . Engine , Transmission, Etc.

208Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #2481 of 2495 (permalink) Old 12-28-2019, 11:44 PM
DuramaxForum n00b

I have a 2015.5 2500hd.. def heater went out about a year ago. Was replaced by dealer under warranty.

Thx
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2482 of 2495 (permalink) Old 01-30-2020, 09:20 AM

When heater quits do they put new tank with heater installed due to to possibly contamination? Or use old tank?
I couldíve swore I read they were putting new tanks in as 1 unit due to too many 9th inj going out after heater only install.
Tech didnít want to hear that n said they drain tank and put fresh in .BS cause they didnít drain it.So any dirt from removing heater could contaminate fluid.
Went bad at like 58k

16 GMC Denali 3500 stock for now
post #2483 of 2495 (permalink) Old 01-30-2020, 09:31 AM
DuramaxForum n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott1979 View Post
When heater quits do they put new tank with heater installed due to to possibly contamination? Or use old tank?
I could’ve swore I read they were putting new tanks in as 1 unit due to too many 9th inj going out after heater only install.
Tech didn’t want to hear that n said they drain tank and put fresh in .BS cause they didn’t drain it.So any dirt from removing heater could contaminate fluid."

Went bad at like 58k
When mine went out they replaced the tank with it. It was at about 70k miles
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2484 of 2495 (permalink) Old 01-30-2020, 11:02 AM

Quote:
I could’ve swore I read they were putting new tanks in as 1 unit due to too many 9th inj going out after heater only install.
Tech didn’t want to hear that n said they drain tank and put fresh in .BS cause they didn’t drain it.So any dirt from removing heater could contaminate fluid.
Went bad at like 58k
Mine went out at about 50k they replaced the whole tank

2012 GMC Sierra 2500HD Diesel 2wd Crew Cab. Stock. 200 mile regen club
post #2485 of 2495 (permalink) Old 01-30-2020, 11:42 AM

My DEF tank pump was replaced two weeks ago under warranty with about 66k miles on the clock. No warning no nothing the dash just lit up "Service Emissions System" with a mile count down to get it done or speed limited to 65 mph.

I am currently working with a shop to delete the trucks DEF, DPF and turn off EGR with a stock tune. No high performance for me just need the troublesome emissions stuff out of my life for good. Only problem I have had from the truck so far is emissions. Ordered a pipe a week ago and have not heard back from them. However they told me up front due to recent epa crackdowns it may take a little longer than usual to get the pipe.

2016 GMC Sierra Denali HD
post #2486 of 2495 (permalink) Old 02-01-2020, 03:13 PM

Quote:
I couldíve swore I read they were putting new tanks in as 1 unit due to too many 9th inj going out after heater only install.
Tech didnít want to hear that n said they drain tank and put fresh in .BS cause they didnít drain it.So any dirt from removing heater could contaminate fluid.
Went bad at like 58k
I have had the heater replaced twice. The first time they replaced the tank and heater. I believe but not certain that GM didn't have the heater as a separate part. Possibly GM at the time covered the whole cost and the second time possibly GM for reimbursement to the dealer GM stipulated to replace only the heater unit. Anyhow both times it was GM extended warranty coverage.

Recently, about 2 weeks ago the DIC message, poor DEF quality flashed up. I thought oh no what now. The tank wasn't empty. I filled it up, maybe less than a quart I had to add. After driving a while the DIC message went away. Sounds like that is a PITA to determine the cause if the message stays. Could be any number of reasons so it has to be diagnosed.

Funny thing even the service writer hinted at getting rid of that crap. He would have given me a name of a place to do it if I wanted it done. He said many customers have done a delete. They just didn't want to have to deal with DEF issues again. I don't remember if he said they leave all that on and disable it or remove it all. I said yeah about the time I do that they will pass a law that you can't trade it in deleted.
post #2487 of 2495 (permalink) Old 02-03-2020, 11:53 AM

Just had my heater replaced in my '13. I had an issue with a high idle that turned out to be the injector for the regeneration so both things were covered under the 10yr 120k extended warranty on the emissions equipment. I never get that lucky.... It was short lived, 3 days later I have a kidney stone. That's more like my luck.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

2005 GMC 2500HD 4X4 SLT
post #2488 of 2495 (permalink) Old 02-04-2020, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 54chevyls1 View Post
Just had my heater replaced in my '13. I had an issue with a high idle that turned out to be the injector for the regeneration so both things were covered under the 10yr 120k extended warranty on the emissions equipment. I never get that lucky.... It was short lived, 3 days later I have a kidney stone. That's more like my luck.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
I had a 11mm kidney stone. The ER doctor said I don't think you will be passing that one. I was like give me about 50 syringes of that pain killer to take home. I had lithotripsy done to break it up. Felt like pi$$ing sand after that.

About a year later I had a urinary track infection that went septic. Found out I had prostate stones along with an enlarged prostate. Lucky me I came with a 3 lobe prostate, normal is 2. I am more sexy I told a friend. Enlarged prostate I take flowmax and finesteride and now I have gone from a size B cup tits to a D. Been thinking about doing a spread for Playgirl. LOL
post #2489 of 2495 (permalink) Old 02-06-2020, 07:44 PM

Just had the heater replaced on my 2016 GMC 2500HD with 29800 miles under warranty ofcourse. Does any one know if part #84412924 Reservoir Kit is updated or better then previous?

Sold 2007 GMC 2500HD Ext. Cab SLT Classic LBZ
Banks Intake and Cat Back with MBRP front pipe from Alligator Performance,
EFI Live Autocal, DSP5 from ATP
Pro Fab Down Pipe
18x8.5 MB Torque wheels with 275/65/18 Hankook dynapros
post #2490 of 2495 (permalink) Old 02-09-2020, 10:25 AM

I’ve got a 2016 Duramax lml With 66,000 miles. I’ve got a p140b code and a p049d code showing at the same time. Clear it it doesn’t show back up on the same drive until I turn it off then back on again. But occasionally it’ll throw a nox code. It does sound like I got a bit of a tick sound. Especially when I’m at a dead stop and Accelerate, sounds nearly like it’s about to cut off sometimes. Went into regen, everything ran fine, and when I stopped at the house put my truck in park the truck started to surge pretty badly. Jumping from 640 rpm to close to 800 repetitively.I’m getting a delete tune, and egr delete and def delete Tuesday. I’m just hoping that’ll fix my issue
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode