Calling out all who had problems with DEF/Emissions - Page 3 - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
11-16 LML Duramax Powertrain Discussion of components that are directly involved in the power production and all that is needed to get and keep the truck moving . Engine , Transmission, Etc.

208Likes
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 2495 (permalink) Old 07-08-2013, 07:15 AM
DuramaxForum Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by WileECoyote View Post
Hello, I am starting this thread to collect data on who has had problems with their DEF/Emissions on LML version trucks. This is an attempt to show GM that I am NOT alone. Please keep it short, the year, the problem and what was outcome. (As in what did it cost to do repair) I'll start off.
Hey Wile,

I know you are not the only one. I will continue to monitor this thread and get the concerns to the correct people. Thank you!

Kelly J.
GM customer Care
CDNBlueThunder likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 2495 (permalink) Old 07-08-2013, 07:27 AM
Hey Ass Man!

2011 LML Father's - Both NOx sensors, just out of warranty (110,000kms)- Cost $900 (approx.)

DAMO
08 GMC 2500HD LMM SLT CC SB 4x4
EFI Live DSP 5 w/ EDGE CTS Insight
PPE IV l Precision Torque Convertor
4" MBRP l MBRP DP l AD II 165
EGR Blocked l AFE l Zone 6"
Cognito UCA's l Kryptonite Sleeves
20x12 Fuel Octanes l 35x12.50 M/T's
post #23 of 2495 (permalink) Old 07-08-2013, 09:21 AM
DuramaxForum Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HD Dmax Machine View Post
Only problem iv had is the WT LML is regening every 200-230 miles. This 1st happen when I was using a fuel additive. I quit using the additive & it returned to normal. Then on the last 3 full fill ups the thing regens like before, every 200-230 miles. Driving habits are the same. & the dealer is no help. I get the GM motto of "No code, no problem." Im thinking of trading the LML for a 3/4 tons gasser if this shit keeps up.
gas wouldn't work for me. Personally if i could get by with a gas truck i wouldn't buy a diesel

2006 Freightliner Century 120 with Detroit Diesel. Sold my 2012 Chevy 3500 dually work truck with CM ER hauler bed and EZ Floater air hitch. Towing 2003 Teton Grand Freedom 5ther weighing 20,890 lbs. Traveling the USA welding pipe, repairing plants, building new ones & really enjoying God's beautiful country.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 2495 (permalink) Old 07-08-2013, 11:41 AM

hi,

eventually the rear nox sensor was replaced.

after GM had several dealerships do different things.
post #25 of 2495 (permalink) Old 07-08-2013, 04:17 PM
DuramaxForum Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpe1 View Post
gas wouldn't work for me. Personally if i could get by with a gas truck i wouldn't buy a diesel
I like the fact that we have a WT diesel. We didnt need it, we just wanted it. But being that its become a PITA we've considered getting a gas engine. & just the other day when it was in regen i got the DIC msg 'Clean Exhaust keep Driving'. (I can tell when its in regen so I like to get on the freeway asap & complete a regen right away.) As I was driving @ hwy speed thats when the DIC msg popped up 'Clean Exhaust Filter Keep Driving'. Id like to stay with diesel. & im not willing to spend money on delete mods. If this clears up good, if not bye bye LML.

2009 GMC Sierra 2500HD SLE CC/SB 4x4 LMM
EFI Live, Edge Insight CTS, Flo~Pro 4" DP back exhaust w/ muffler & stock trumpet tip, Turbo resonator delete plug, Alum. bleeder screw, WIF sensor delete plug, Fumoto oil drain valve, Pacer LED cab lights, GM dually light bar under tailgate, Footwell lights, Cobra 29 WXNWST CB radio, Wilson 2000 CB antenna, Kenwood speakers, GM chrome oval running boards, Bilstein 5100s, Michelin Defender M/S on PY0 wheels, Rubber mud flaps, Curt class IV hitch

Last edited by HD Dmax Machine; 10-08-2015 at 08:46 AM.
post #26 of 2495 (permalink) Old 07-08-2013, 04:25 PM Thread Starter
Super Genius

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMCustomerService View Post
Hey Wile,

I know you are not the only one. I will continue to monitor this thread and get the concerns to the correct people. Thank you!

Kelly J.
GM customer Care

Thats good news Kel, however, I have my doubts if GM will do a thing about it. I am really disheartened by the dealers and GMs lack of enthusiasm about the repairs made. I really do hope they will pay attention and do something about it. At the very least a recall is in order. By my count there are 16 so far.

Gentlemen, please keep posting if you've had issues.

2011 LML, Cognito, Edge, FASS.......blah blah blah
DELETED AND LOVIN IT!

Wile E. Coyote: Super Genius
ACME Race Team, Lead Driver
NO Wins to date, I just cant get around them damn anvils..................

Cliffs are a problem........occasional piano..........sometimes tunnels aren't really open.........it's that sumbitchin bird again, sorry, gotta go!
post #27 of 2495 (permalink) Old 07-08-2013, 08:51 PM

After 39k of flawless miles with 2011 duramax. DEF quality poor . On the first go round i was able to clear the problem with 70mph runs, then the CEL light came on after the quality light was gone. Took it to the dealer at 39k they did the re flash and all was well for about 2000 miles.

@41k and quality poor is back on. cleared it with 70 mph run. Light is goes off, but still went to dealer. Dealer says not running GM DEF fluid is causing the light. Which I think is total BS since I have been using blue DEF for the life of the truck.

After telling asking dealer to check NOX sensor #2 dealer checked and changed NOX sensor #2

@50k now all repairs done under warranty
post #28 of 2495 (permalink) Old 07-09-2013, 08:28 AM
DuramaxForum Fanatic

The common theme is that def quality problems are usually NOx sensors. It would be interesting to know if there is any relationship between the sensor issue and any fuel additives that are being used.

The same additive question applies regarding trucks which seem to have shorter than normal regen intervals.
CDNBlueThunder likes this.

2018 GMC 2500 L5P CCSB 4x4 Denali - Mineral Metallic; previous '11 LML, '10 LMM and 04.5 LLY
post #29 of 2495 (permalink) Old 07-09-2013, 08:35 AM
DuramaxForum Fanatic

WileE, lots more than 16 have posted this issue on this (and the other) site 'as the problems occured'. They may not all be regular readers/contributors.

Maybe Kelly J could wade thru the old posts and dig up this information.
(I'm sort of betting that GM already has and that the result is one of the reasons they have assigned someone to help us get the dealers to correctly diagnose).

Kelly we thank you for your efforts.

2018 GMC 2500 L5P CCSB 4x4 Denali - Mineral Metallic; previous '11 LML, '10 LMM and 04.5 LLY
post #30 of 2495 (permalink) Old 07-09-2013, 10:34 AM
DuramaxForum Enthusiast

Hey ya'll,

Thank you for posting with your concerns! If anyone is currently experiencing these issues please private message me so I may assist. If you have already had the issues resolved please post as well because as I have told WileE, I will continue to document

You're welcome redwngr! I enjoy being part of this community and helping where I can! I have been on this site for about 5 months and LOVE every minute of it.

Kelly J.
GM Customer Care
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in