CP 4 Pump Failure - Page 22 - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
11-16 LML Duramax Powertrain Discussion of components that are directly involved in the power production and all that is needed to get and keep the truck moving . Engine , Transmission, Etc.

8Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #211 of 220 (permalink) Old 12-15-2015, 09:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzeller View Post
Which additive?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Was using XDP Diesel Power Plus Fuel Additive | XtremeDiesel.com because of the price, then had the #8 injector get a little sticky at like 200k so I did a cleanup cycle with the amsoil. The amsoil cleaned it up right away and I have used it ever since without any issue fromt he injector again. AMSOIL Diesel Injector Clean

I became huge believer after I talked my buddy with his 2012 dodge ram that had a very loud intermittent knock that he had had for over 25k to give the amsoil diesel additive a try and it cleaned it up right away. Truck has not made the knock in over 45k now, he uses the amsoil cleanup like once a month and runs it here and there. I run it every tank.

2013 Silverado 3500DRW. Flo-Pro 4 inch down pipe back, PPEI tow tune with Autocal, Amsoil Bypass Kit, Edge CTS, and Transfer-Flow 98 gallon auxiliary fuel tank.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #212 of 220 (permalink) Old 12-15-2015, 11:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hook'em_Horns! View Post
https://www.duramaxforum.com/forum/ge...ml#post8495602

One of the top 6 or 7 on the ^ list.

Check the CEFCO at 620/Parmer, B20 fuel is good too. Cleaned my injectors and settled down the balance rates.

Thanks. I was just curious what he was using but the list is excellent to have for reference.

I need to go back and check but I think the station on the southwest corner of SH45/Greenlawn near me was using some biodiesel mixture.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2015.5 Chevy Duramax 2500HD
post #213 of 220 (permalink) Old 09-06-2016, 04:18 AM

Just saw a couple of lml son duramax forum on Facebook with over 300k on them
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #214 of 220 (permalink) Old 11-26-2016, 10:12 PM
DuramaxForum n00b

jw314 07:56 PM Today
I've had bad luck with duramax! First 3500 diesel was 2013 w/t. Serviced it 7500 miles religiously because it's my livelihood. Im a owner operator of a light weight freight company. At the time of this truck I was hauling under 10,000 lbs. Around 80,000 miles I was losing power and thought fuel filter. Had it changed on the road when I usually do it myself. Got home took it for several services adding up to about 1,000 bucks,but asked also to check loss of power. Service manager called me in and said it was a big problem. Fuel injector came apart and then there was no filter system beyond the injectors so the whole motor had to torn apart and flushed,cleaned and a lot of new parts. Two weeks later got my truck back and then was given the bill for the services. Talked to manger and asked about helping me with the 1000 dollars being chevys faulty filter system cost me about 6'to 8 grand for time I was down. No problem he said and all I paid was labor. Took truck straight to another dealer and traded for 15 LT 3500 single wheel. No problems with it but had to move up to dualiy for higher gvwr. Now at 45,000 miles coming through Columbus Ohio 2106 3500 dually while idiling while I was looking at map on phone truck shook like someone hit my trailer,done same thing twice more then died and wouldn't crank. Fuel injector pump locked up, broke gear on motor and sent metal through fuel system and in the oil pan. Two weeks later and 1,000 dollars in hotels and 500 to rent a truck from enterprise to deliver my load I finally got my truck back. Two weeks later stabilitrac light and abs light came on. Stopped immediately and read manual and after several attempts lights went of but I swear truck has not handled th same since. It's fine when road is smooth but when you hit rough patch truck feels like it wants to take of in different directions. Also play in steering. Last week engine light came on in west Ga, stopped checked everything and called on star and run diagnostic test. Said emissions code and found a dealer on Alabama line. Said everything passed so cleared it and sent on my way. Next day started making noise, loss f power and running rough. Looked underneath truck and there's oil from the front steering arm right under the front of motor all the way to the middle cross membrane! I can't lose for winning. I've heard another guy that Hauls with same company has had it happen three times and stranded two times on the road. Has anyone heard anything similar? Really has me stressed because this is what feeds my 4 kids and wife. To much negative equity to trade in, I ate all negative equity for the 13 when I traded it. I live in Florida but bought truck in Texas. I know problems are going to continue and I hope GM will help with trade in assistance,like I said this is my livelihood. Can't be broke down over and over. One thing I got in my favor is Texas lemon law says vehicle is a lemon if its unsafe or because of defect value of truck is effected or does not allow it to perform to full potential. Hope we don't go this far! for me.
post #215 of 220 (permalink) Old 11-26-2016, 10:22 PM
DuramaxForum Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by jw314 View Post
jw314 07:56 PM Today
I've had bad luck with duramax! First 3500 diesel was 2013 w/t. Serviced it 7500 miles religiously because it's my livelihood. Im a owner operator of a light weight freight company. At the time of this truck I was hauling under 10,000 lbs. Around 80,000 miles I was losing power and thought fuel filter. Had it changed on the road when I usually do it myself. Got home took it for several services adding up to about 1,000 bucks,but asked also to check loss of power. Service manager called me in and said it was a big problem. Fuel injector came apart and then there was no filter system beyond the injectors so the whole motor had to torn apart and flushed,cleaned and a lot of new parts. Two weeks later got my truck back and then was given the bill for the services. Talked to manger and asked about helping me with the 1000 dollars being chevys faulty filter system cost me about 6'to 8 grand for time I was down. No problem he said and all I paid was labor. Took truck straight to another dealer and traded for 15 LT 3500 single wheel. No problems with it but had to move up to dualiy for higher gvwr. Now at 45,000 miles coming through Columbus Ohio 2106 3500 dually while idiling while I was looking at map on phone truck shook like someone hit my trailer,done same thing twice more then died and wouldn't crank. Fuel injector pump locked up, broke gear on motor and sent metal through fuel system and in the oil pan. Two weeks later and 1,000 dollars in hotels and 500 to rent a truck from enterprise to deliver my load I finally got my truck back. Two weeks later stabilitrac light and abs light came on. Stopped immediately and read manual and after several attempts lights went of but I swear truck has not handled th same since. It's fine when road is smooth but when you hit rough patch truck feels like it wants to take of in different directions. Also play in steering. Last week engine light came on in west Ga, stopped checked everything and called on star and run diagnostic test. Said emissions code and found a dealer on Alabama line. Said everything passed so cleared it and sent on my way. Next day started making noise, loss f power and running rough. Looked underneath truck and there's oil from the front steering arm right under the front of motor all the way to the middle cross membrane! I can't lose for winning. I've heard another guy that Hauls with same company has had it happen three times and stranded two times on the road. Has anyone heard anything similar? Really has me stressed because this is what feeds my 4 kids and wife. To much negative equity to trade in, I ate all negative equity for the 13 when I traded it. I live in Florida but bought truck in Texas. I know problems are going to continue and I hope GM will help with trade in assistance,like I said this is my livelihood. Can't be broke down over and over. One thing I got in my favor is Texas lemon law says vehicle is a lemon if its unsafe or because of defect value of truck is effected or does not allow it to perform to full potential. Hope we don't go this far! for me.
Sorry for all of the problems you have experienced. I lost my cp4 at 109k just out of warranty. You cp4 problems should have been covered under warranty unless you were deleted if you were under 100k

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

South Florida GMC
2011 GMC LML CCLB SLT DRW 4x4
285/75/R17 B & W turnover ball
Antitheft hose clamp installed on tailgate hinge
109,000 first cp4 replaced along with most of fuel system Airdog 165 added + Stanadyne Summer Formula
GM DRW Member #256
"The NOx Sensor is on the way out when you drive it out of the lot"
post #216 of 220 (permalink) Old 12-06-2017, 07:37 AM
Duramax Forum Supporter

Hard to believe nobody has posted any failure or non failures in over a year here
post #217 of 220 (permalink) Old 12-25-2017, 09:52 PM
DuramaxForum n00b

Yep. Came on here and went thru 22 pages of posts to see if anyone had the failure on 2016 models. Anyone?
post #218 of 220 (permalink) Old 12-25-2017, 10:10 PM
DuramaxForum Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by apache View Post
Yep. Came on here and went thru 22 pages of posts to see if anyone had the failure on 2016 models. Anyone?
Complaints seem to have moved over to fb groups. I've seen several 15-16 but no more than any other year. Just saw a guy said he's had 2 at 83k another guy a few weeks ago had 2 and 3 friends had them done. That tells me it's all about shit fuel in a given area

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

'15 Chevy ccsb wt wehrli | motorops | xd | nitto | atta | curt | tork lift | airlift | edge | s&b |
Bought 11/21/14 72 mi
01/01/16 177685
'03 cc lb drw bd intake, intake horn mod, dsp5, 4" silverline turbo back, d-celerator exhaust brake, amsoil bypass, amsoil synthetics throughout, 225/70 19.5, 1/3 drop, oil cooler
Traded at 299,465
post #219 of 220 (permalink) Old 10-30-2019, 07:33 AM

Lawsuit Against GM Alleges 2011-2016 6.6L Duramax Diesel Incompatible with U.S. Fuel

copy and paste this link to see lawsuit information on the bosch cp pump, I am currently a member of this after gm denied warranty with 88k miles and cost me 11.5K.

Attroney is listed below, you can mention my name if you want:

Martha Martinez
Hilliard Martinez Gonzales LLP
719 S. Shoreline Blvd.
Corpus Christi, Texas 78401
Phone: 1.877.433.1996
Fax: 361.882.3015
Email: [email protected]
Web: hmglawfirm.com

please repost this the more people sign up the better the outcome will be. it is not required to have a pump failure to be in the class action.

pictures on grenaded pump attached, gm has a service bulletin on this so they know it is a problem. [ gm service bulletin# PIP49449B dtd: april 2012].
Attached Images

post #220 of 220 (permalink) Old 10-30-2019, 05:30 PM
J83
DuramaxForum Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamestchristie View Post
Lawsuit Against GM Alleges 2011-2016 6.6L Duramax Diesel Incompatible with U.S. Fuel

copy and paste this link to see lawsuit information on the bosch cp pump, I am currently a member of this after gm denied warranty with 88k miles and cost me 11.5K.

Attroney is listed below, you can mention my name if you want:

Martha Martinez
Hilliard Martinez Gonzales LLP
719 S. Shoreline Blvd.
Corpus Christi, Texas 78401
Phone: 1.877.433.1996
Fax: 361.882.3015
Email: [email protected]
Web: hmglawfirm.com

please repost this the more people sign up the better the outcome will be. it is not required to have a pump failure to be in the class action.

pictures on grenaded pump attached, gm has a service bulletin on this so they know it is a problem. [ gm service bulletin# PIP49449B dtd: april 2012].
so why did GM refuse your warranty claim? Seems like there must be some reason since GM has a track record with this issue of fixing trucks that have even slightly exceeded the warranty period.

2015 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD 6.6L LML
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode