Hard down shift while coming to a complete stop - Page 4 - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
11-16 LML Duramax Powertrain Discussion of components that are directly involved in the power production and all that is needed to get and keep the truck moving . Engine , Transmission, Etc.

3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 34 (permalink) Old 09-10-2019, 07:00 PM

I will chime in to add a tally to the total. My truck is a '16 with now 35k miles on it and I too have had this happen three or four times? It was probably six or more months ago the last time this occurred. Apparently nothing has been hurt by it but it is a little unnerving when it happens.

Bone stock 2016 2500HD LT Crew Cab std. box 4x4 LML pulling early to mid 60s Pontiac muscle in a '24 enclosed Haulmark
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 34 (permalink) Old 01-13-2020, 12:29 PM

I'll add another one to this mix.

This has been a problem with my truck since I bought my '15 2500 HD. Dealer claimed it was normal when I complained multiple times right after buying it. Definitely isn't and feels like your getting rear ended, especially if you come to a quicker stop and it does it. Personally, I think GM's just ignoring it because getting it to reproduce at the dealer is next to impossible.

It is definitely NOT fuel slosh. Can hear and feel that too.

The gong, kong, bong noise (whatever you want to call it) seems to be getting a little worse with 145k miles on this thing. At this point, I'm just going to live with it and drive it into the ground. I drive probably 60+ miles a day so this is about an every other week occurrence. I think there may be some validity to the regen causing it, but I can't be certain. Been thinking about a delete, so maybe it's time.

I'm now having some noise coming on acceleration which is similar (sounds like it's tranny related but may be 4WD or antislip related) but not as pronounced as the bonging.

post #33 of 34 (permalink) Old 01-13-2020, 01:52 PM

Garage
I as well own a 2016 2500HD, and will say I had that happen very often as I use it for DD, and running my small business. (minimum of 70+ miles/perday) and got to the point where I knew I wasn't going to get an answer (not a stupid 1) from dealer....smh… wish I was given honesty! ya know, the real "im honestly not sure" But, it is what it is.

So, I was lucky enough before all the WW3 gummermant restriction BS, to have my vehicle get a decent "weight reduction" THANK GOD, only problem is moving forward, with more! since I messed up getting just a single without autocal.

16" LML LT BLACK HAMMER
5"Jamo
ANARCHY EFI LIVE
FASS165GPH/FASS HEATER
G&R SUMP
Block-off plates
INSIGHT EDGE CTS2
SPYDER AUTO TAILS
CougarMotor LEDs
Morimoto Fogs
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 34 (permalink) Old 01-17-2020, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMCustomerService View Post
Good Afternoon Kmagee,

I would like you to know that we have received your private message and an adviser will be responding to you shortly. Thank you for your continued patience and we look forward to working with you.

Philip J.

GM Customer Care

GmCustomerService did nothing when I had problems with burning plastic and white smoke coming from my truck a few months after having it. I know this thread is old but be careful who you give your information to.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode