Service Emission System - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
11-16 LML Duramax Powertrain Discussion of components that are directly involved in the power production and all that is needed to get and keep the truck moving . Engine , Transmission, Etc.

4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 34 (permalink) Old 08-29-2017, 09:34 AM Thread Starter

Service Emission System

Hello Everyone, I am new to this forum and have a 2015 Sierra Duramax. I am getting the error message "service emissions system see owners manual 175 mph until 65 mph max" I tried to pull the code but there was not any code showing on my code reader. I have made an appointment with the dealer however, due to the flooding here in Houston I do not know when of if they will be open any time soon. Any advice?

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 34 (permalink) Old 08-30-2017, 06:59 AM

If you are able, get it to a dealer not in that area. It will start limiting your speed quickly if you have to drive it much and will get to where it limits it way down. If you can't get out, I'd try to drive it as little as possible till the dealers do reopen and can get it in.
post #3 of 34 (permalink) Old 09-19-2017, 11:33 AM

What was the outcome? I'm having the same issue.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-08-2017, 07:17 PM

Did you get this fixed? I am new to this problem but recently my 2013 Silverado 3500HD Duramax is giving me this same message. But after I "tromped" on the gas a couple of times the message went away. Do I need to "tromp" on the gas pedal occasionally to clean out the emission?? I'm a new Duramax diesel owner and would like some help on this. Do I need to take my truck to a dealer? I would appreciate any help out there....thanks!

HammondBob
2013 Silverado 3500HD Dually Duramax
post #5 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-08-2017, 07:24 PM Thread Starter

I ended up taking it to the dealer, they had to replace a component in my def tank, luckily it was covered under the power train warranty.
post #6 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-09-2017, 12:09 PM
DuramaxForum n00b

start reading about deleting your problems are just starting .just had same problem did same thing replaced def heater,then nox sensor ,then wanted to replace whole sys $3200 no promise will fix .
Sierraluva likes this.
post #7 of 34 (permalink) Old 11-19-2017, 07:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by edhol View Post
start reading about deleting your problems are just starting .just had same problem did same thing replaced def heater,then nox sensor ,then wanted to replace whole sys $3200 no promise will fix .
My 2012 just gave me the same message. I've been away from the Duramax forums a while, has this been a common problem with the LMLs? Is the delete a fairly simple procedure and what are the costs and benefits of doing so?

2012 GMC Sierra 2500HD SLT, CC, 4x4, Allison/Duramax, heated/cooled seats, White/Cashmere, LineX Bedliner, Ranch Hand Cattle Guard, DPF Delete, EzLynk 50 hp tune
post #8 of 34 (permalink) Old 11-19-2017, 01:05 PM

VERY common issue on the LMLs.

2008 Silverado 2500 Crew Cab Z71
post #9 of 34 (permalink) Old 11-19-2017, 02:44 PM

I had that happen at 98000 km on my 2012 GMC 3500hd, and the dealer replaced the DEF tank, the heaters quit, now another problem, at 125000km service emission system on DIC, so, dealer changed out 2 nox sensors and couldnít get it fixed and now want to change the whole exhaust system, Iím not letting them do that, so, here in New Brunswick we have no emissions testing, and with the warranty expired im looking at deleting all the EPA junk and installing a straight pipe with muffler, single tune, tow mode as thatís 90% of what the truck is used for, should have done that when the warranty expired.
post #10 of 34 (permalink) Old 01-01-2018, 07:26 AM

This same message just came up on my 2018 Duramax with under 600 miles, I traded my 17 Powerstroke in last week with 17K miles because front hub went bad and first ford I've ever owned and the last.
unfortunately I fear my new Duramax has let me down today but the temp is -10 deg so I'm giving some consideration. When I spend 60K plus on trucks I don't want to be concerned I cant get out of driveway.
Not impressed
Any thoughts?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode