Out of warranty, emissions system: 175 miles until 65mph max - Page 6 - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
11-16 LML Duramax Powertrain Discussion of components that are directly involved in the power production and all that is needed to get and keep the truck moving . Engine , Transmission, Etc.

3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #51 of 59 (permalink) Old 01-11-2018, 07:29 AM
Duramax Lifetime Supporter

Like @LML6600DMAX said.. Tunes and 4 or 5" exhaust will do.. Thats all I did other than an EGR block plate.. My EGR is intact but naturally unplugged in 3 locations and my DEF tank is still there but inactive due to the tunes.. Never had another problem. I had a shop swap the exhaust due to not wanting to crawl around on the floor..They charged me like $150..done in 1 hour.

Name is Matt, 2011 2500HD XCSB LTZ LML >130k...Kory Willis PPEI tunes, Edge CTS2, S&B cold air intake, 4" Flo-Pro straight pipe stainless, 5" mbrp tip, egr block, pcv re-route, Sinister resonator block plate..275/70/18 TOYO A/T II , Helper air bags.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #52 of 59 (permalink) Old 02-12-2018, 07:59 AM

You guys have inspired me to get intimate with my2012 truck since the 175mile emission warning didn't fix itself and now I'm down to 55mph limit and 75miles and completely done with going back to the dealer with this truck even though it only has 46k on it. I'm trying to read up and figure out what exactly I need to do to make the emissions errors go away along with the DEF system. I don't mind leaving anything related on the truck at this point I just need to get it back to being reliable w/o the emissions crap asap.
So judging from what I read in your post Coullier1 a 4" complete exhaust, Tuner and unplugging the EGR in 3 locations will get me there?

I'm in the Virginia Beach area and have the name of a good shop in Chesapeake that can do anything I want on tweaking it but I don't mind doing some work myself just to save some money. Any help with websites, etc for ordering stuff would be greatly appreciated. I'm sure this is mentioned in other areas of the forum but so far this is the most straight forward and hilarious thread I've read... I'm married to a Murphy so I'm in the same boat when it comes to working on things and believe I was jinxed once I said "I do" to her....
post #53 of 59 (permalink) Old 02-13-2018, 06:04 AM

Theres a few good vendors on the site that can hook you up with what you need. Unfortunately being from canada i cant use any of them with out a 30% dollar value coming into play.

2015 GMC Denali 2500HD Duramax
289/70R18 Cooper ST MAXX Stock height
145,000kms and rolling
#17 C&C Racing Team inc.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #54 of 59 (permalink) Old 02-20-2018, 05:02 AM

DONE!!! Had a buddy that had access to a lift at his relatives shop and was able to gain access to cut the old exhaust into a couple pieces for removal which made life much easier. Installed new Flo Pro stainless 5" exhaust with muffler and tuned it and man what a difference!! I haven't had a chance to change any of the programs yet on the GDP tuner but it's a night and day difference.
post #55 of 59 (permalink) Old 03-24-2018, 09:52 AM

Holy Smokes, that thread was entertaining.

msdunkel thanks for taking the time to share and your blatant honesty. We can all relate to F*@#ing up a simple process. I thought I was the king of turning tasks into projects. The list of stuff I don't know far exceeds the list of stuff I do.

Last year, I bought a 2015 DenaliHD with 78k on it out of Boise, Idaho. Absolutely love the truck with all the Denali creature comforts. I had a 05 LLY that I never shoulda sold, so I'm familiar with diesels. (My tuned 05 LLY, would run circles around my current truck)
What I wasn't ready for was the new emissions crap and the fragile CP4 problem.

I live in the Reno/Sparks Nevada area, in Washoe County with emissions requirements. Since I bought the truck was used, and Im at 85k, I've been really considering a tune and a semi-reversible delete since I could register it out of a rural county where no smog is required.

I'd like the option of putting everything back in case I ever trade it in.

Coullier1, to be clear, the new 5" exhaust by passes the whole DEF tank, so it remains in place. But the exhaust can be re-installed with the old exhaust put back with exhaust clamps?

Contender31, do you have a $$ rundown and list of where you bought your components?

( I swore I was gonna leave this truck alone )

2015 Denali HD
Airdog II 165 Lift Pump
RC Leveling Kit
Toyo Open Country AT II
Exergy FCA / MPROP
Edge CTS2
Fragile CP4
post #56 of 59 (permalink) Old 03-26-2018, 10:21 AM
Duramax Lifetime Supporter

Contender31, hows the sound of the Flow Pro 5" with muffler? I have one in my shopping cart on a website right now and was curious about the drone. By the way, this post has been a great read on a slow day at work. I've been kicking around the idea of deleting my '13 and figure it's time. Thanks to all that have contributed here.

2013 2500HD LT CCSB LML
Falken WildPeak A/T AT3W 285/65/R18
4" Flo Pro DP back w/muffler
PPEI +60 single delete tune
EGR blocker plates, DPF&DEF full delete
Edge CTS2
post #57 of 59 (permalink) Old 03-26-2018, 07:38 PM
DuramaxForum Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Contender31 View Post
DONE!!! Had a buddy that had access to a lift at his relatives shop and was able to gain access to cut the old exhaust into a couple pieces for removal which made life much easier. Installed new Flo Pro stainless 5" exhaust with muffler and tuned it and man what a difference!! I haven't had a chance to change any of the programs yet on the GDP tuner but it's a night and day difference.
So what you going to do if your state/county starts emission testing, itís coming at a state near you.

Cutting the old exhaust in a couple pieces when you could have unbolted everything at the flanges and just pulled it out, then stored it.
Ready to easily put back on if you ever need to.

My stock exhaust is in 3 sections in my storage shed. And my newer exhaust is also in 3 sections using the 3 & 4 bolt flanges, no exhaust clamps.

Dan
2007.5 GMC Sierra 3500 SRW L.B. "BLACK" C.C. 4X4 LMM Z71
DIY stock airbox mod, aFe ProGuard 7, OEM drop-in
EFILive ECM ATP - Heavy Tow Tune with Turbo Brake.
EFILive TCM Duramax Tuner
DHD Cold Side High Flow Intake Pipe
DHD PCV Re-Route
AirDog 4G100

2007 Yukon Denail "BLACK" 6.2 gasser
DIY stock AirBox Mod, K&N, Airaid intake, EFILive TCM only tuning
post #58 of 59 (permalink) Old 03-27-2018, 11:03 AM

My exhaust was difficult enough getting out from under the frame even with the cuts in the double wall pipe. I saved all the "junk" from the exhaust jic I needed to have it reinstalled sometime down the road but I don't foresee that every happening. I'm not concerned about the emissions testing right now. I had a vehicle that was rendered almost useless at 48K miles due to the emission system. My main concern was getting my truck running and back on the road so that I'd be able to go to work each day. So yes, there might be a risk down the road but it's one I'm willing to take and I'll deal with it when that time comes.
post #59 of 59 (permalink) Old 03-27-2018, 12:09 PM
DuramaxForum Fanatic

There’s been many cutting out the stock exhaust then proudly brags about trashing it, then a few years later crying on the forums needing stock exhaust ASAP.
Just trying to help, but it looks like you’ve got this handled.
Besides your new and not aware of others screw ups, sorry if you took this a negative way.

Dan
2007.5 GMC Sierra 3500 SRW L.B. "BLACK" C.C. 4X4 LMM Z71
DIY stock airbox mod, aFe ProGuard 7, OEM drop-in
EFILive ECM ATP - Heavy Tow Tune with Turbo Brake.
EFILive TCM Duramax Tuner
DHD Cold Side High Flow Intake Pipe
DHD PCV Re-Route
AirDog 4G100

2007 Yukon Denail "BLACK" 6.2 gasser
DIY stock AirBox Mod, K&N, Airaid intake, EFILive TCM only tuning

Last edited by D_R_C; 03-27-2018 at 12:12 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode