Plug for the Biscan GM torque pro plugin - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
11-16 LML Duramax Powertrain Discussion of components that are directly involved in the power production and all that is needed to get and keep the truck moving . Engine , Transmission, Etc.

1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-13-2018, 01:43 PM Thread Starter

Plug for the Biscan GM torque pro plugin

I know people have posted about this before, I just wanted to post my short review of the BiScan GM plugin for Torque pro. The app costs $29.95 on Google Play, in addition to the $5 for Torque Pro. I'm using it with an Obdscan MX bluetooth adapter and a Google Pixel 2 phone. I was looking for something that could read back the injector balance, all of the DEF and emmissions specific codes, and perform some of the basic reset functions like force regen and SCR reset and command EGR value. While it doesn't have all of the features of something like a Tech2 (you can't command individual injectors to open or access the Allison transmission controller), it costs a fraction of the price and still gives you great information about things like regen count, injector balance, soot mass, turbo vane position, and injection/fuel pressure status. It also adds those gauges to Torque Pro so you can log the sensors over a trip and post it to the web for later analysis.

I think it's a great tool for the price if you have an LML and want to know the health of your duramax.
rrd525 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-16-2018, 08:03 AM
Administrator

Send a message via Yahoo to ob_1jr
Yeah it is pretty good for the price. I bought it a while ago. I like to know when the truck is regening when I am on the highway. I have been tracking my truck and now that I have a custom tune on my truck, it is nice to have the monitoring until I can get a CTS monitor.

2016 GMC Sierra 2500HD Denali
Extang Blackmax Tonneau
Weathertech floor mats and mud flaps
X-pel clear bra
295/60-20 Toyo Open Country A/T II
Custom EFILive tuning by Kennedy Diesel
Kryponite UCA and Bilstein 5100s

SOLD 2004 GMC Sierra LB7
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-18-2018, 09:23 PM

Garage
Glad you like it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-11-2019, 10:50 AM

I have used this app on my 2015 lml for about a year. The other night I was doing some maintenance on my phone and turned something off, blocking torquepro from seeing the PIDs. Now I cant get torquepro to work with biscan PIDs. I have uninstalled the and reinstalled and still cant get it to work. Anyone know what I can do to get this back on?
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-11-2019, 06:18 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboyjer View Post
I have used this app on my 2015 lml for about a year. The other night I was doing some maintenance on my phone and turned something off, blocking torquepro from seeing the PIDs. Now I cant get torquepro to work with biscan PIDs. I have uninstalled the and reinstalled and still cant get it to work. Anyone know what I can do to get this back on?
What phone do you have?

This can help maybe.
https://dontkillmyapp.com/

15 LUZ, what am I doing here?
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-12-2019, 04:02 PM

Samsung note 9. I checked and it is set not to put it to sleep. It runs in biscan scantool, dit I cant get the PIDs to load into torquepro.
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-16-2019, 07:49 AM

Right up my alley, I was just looking at a CTS2 and this might be a better solution. Is there a place where I we can see what other function tests it can perform?
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-18-2019, 02:32 PM

I installed the app, running on a Galaxy s10+, Torque Pro, and OBDLink MX and so far about 10min in I went through testing to see what I could control like Lights and things at the bottom. As soon as I hit door lock, I got a Service 4 Wheel Drive message on my DIC.

Scanning I see some things but stuff like DPF Temp and DPF Differential pressure are blank??
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-19-2019, 04:59 PM
DuramaxForum n00b

I had similar issues. Returned it in the 2 hour window as I just couldn't trust it.

2015 3500 LTZ Dually
B&W Turnover & Companion
40G Transfer
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-22-2019, 07:20 AM

I gave it a shot all weekend, changed all the coms like it said to prevent the errors, no dice. On my trip, some of the sensors started reading like Differential Pressure sensor etc. Pretty nifty app and kept me from having my laptop out the whole trip.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode