DIC speed limitations. HELP!! - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
11-16 LML Duramax Powertrain Discussion of components that are directly involved in the power production and all that is needed to get and keep the truck moving . Engine , Transmission, Etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-06-2018, 12:44 PM Thread Starter
DuramaxForum n00b

DIC speed limitations. HELP!!

I have a 2014 Silverado 3500 ccsb 4x4 that was completely stock until a few days ago, I had gotten a clogged cat that caused failed regens and a whole nightmare of problems, so I went ahead and ordered a 5” straight pipe with muffler and a h&s mini maxx, everything was going good with the install exhaust went perfect but ran into some trouble when my mini maxx kept saying missing sd card try again, did all that contacted tech support got the files sent to me reformatted them and got new Ed cards and tried all of those as well, no luck got a bad tuner, sent it back and they’re sending me it a new unit, only problem is it going to be about 2-3 weeks for everything to go through and get the new one, so I’ve had to drive the truck deleted with no tuning, it went through the normal warnings and constant engine power reduced warnings which I’ve just had to deal with but it also went to 99 until max speed 65 then today went to max speed 55, currently it’s telling me I have 70 miles until my max speed is 4mph, I ordered efi live soft tuning from ppei but that’ll take at least a few days as well, I really need this truck for work as I am constantly towing, is there any way I can reset the the DIC to start over with the warnings to prolong this until my my tuner gets in?
Thanks in advance
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-06-2018, 05:16 PM
Administrator

Send a message via Yahoo to ob_1jr
I do not know of any way to reset it now that you are deleted. If you still had your emissions on, you could force a service regen. in hindsight you probably should have loaded the tune first to make sure it worked. PPEI should be able to rush you the EFI Live. The only quicker way would be to find someone with an autocal and have PPEI email you the tune and load it to your truck.

2016 GMC Sierra 2500HD Denali
Extang Blackmax Tonneau
Weathertech floor mats and mud flaps
X-pel clear bra
295/60-20 Toyo Open Country A/T II
Custom EFILive tuning by Kennedy Diesel
Kryponite UCA and Bilstein 5100s

SOLD 2004 GMC Sierra LB7
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-06-2018, 07:09 PM Thread Starter
DuramaxForum n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by ob_1jr View Post
I do not know of any way to reset it now that you are deleted. If you still had your emissions on, you could force a service regen. in hindsight you probably should have loaded the tune first to make sure it worked. PPEI should be able to rush you the EFI Live. The only quicker way would be to find someone with an autocal and have PPEI email you the tune and load it to your truck.
My cat was clogged up bad, the truck was constantly regening and failing, in hindsight yes I should have, I got it on ran into the problems and emailed the company who sent me the tuner and figured it’d be smoothed out no problem once I had the files, my mistake looking back, i sent back the h&s and got the rush ordering and overnight shipping from ppei but I’ll still be down for a few days before I get it in, I know no one involved in diesel mods down here in Southern California so no auto cals already here, but thank you
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-06-2018, 07:42 PM
Administrator

Send a message via Yahoo to ob_1jr
I am guessing you were over your miles for the emissions warranty? that is weird that the cat clogged though. I thought that when the truck goes into regen it is to burn out the DPF, not the cat. So you don't have to pass an inspection or are you just stuck in SOCAL? I don't know if SOCAL diesel sells tunes anymore or if they stopped because of pressure from the EPA.

I hope you get this resolved quickly. It sucks that because of the tree huggers they have made our trucks less efficient and dependable. Of course it doesn't help that when the mods were not being restricted, people were going around blowing black smoke everywhere.

2016 GMC Sierra 2500HD Denali
Extang Blackmax Tonneau
Weathertech floor mats and mud flaps
X-pel clear bra
295/60-20 Toyo Open Country A/T II
Custom EFILive tuning by Kennedy Diesel
Kryponite UCA and Bilstein 5100s

SOLD 2004 GMC Sierra LB7
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-06-2018, 11:27 PM Thread Starter
DuramaxForum n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by ob_1jr View Post
I am guessing you were over your miles for the emissions warranty? that is weird that the cat clogged though. I thought that when the truck goes into regen it is to burn out the DPF, not the cat. So you don't have to pass an inspection or are you just stuck in SOCAL? I don't know if SOCAL diesel sells tunes anymore or if they stopped because of pressure from the EPA.
I hope you get this resolved quickly. It sucks that because of the tree huggers they have made our trucks less efficient and dependable. Of course it doesn't help that when the mods were not being restricted, people were going around blowing black smoke everywhere.
Oh yea I’m at about 170,000 miles so no warranty for me, yea i went to the dealer and they had no clue what could of caused the cat to be clogged and yes you are correct about the regens cleaning the dpf not the cat, but I believe that the fuel from the 9th injector has to travel through the cat to reach the dpf but the cat became so clogged it was unable to clean so the trucks DIC panicked and limped it, and no smog checks here for me I got lucky and registered my truck at my sisters house because she lives in a smog exempt town and they’re are no diesel tuners down here at all or any mod shops for that matter, I have to order my parts and ship them to my brother in Washington and have him reship them down to me because no company will ship to this state. I had a idea that I’d take all my old emissions equipment and push it under the truck and hookup all of the sensors and wires and turn the truck on for a minute it might just trick the truck and reset the DIC, it’s my last option at this point my efi live should be in by wensday.
Thanks
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-08-2018, 04:13 AM Thread Starter
DuramaxForum n00b

My idea to rehook the emissions up didn’t work, the truck still reads that there’s nothing plugged in, got a local tuner to take a look at it Monday to see if he can electronically delete the emissions, I just want to make sure that I’ll be able to tune over it when my efi Live comes in?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode