LML Plugged DPF or bad injector / CP4 issue - Page 2 - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
11-16 LML Duramax Powertrain Discussion of components that are directly involved in the power production and all that is needed to get and keep the truck moving . Engine , Transmission, Etc.

2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-10-2018, 10:21 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cornach View Post
The DPF warranty is 8/80. Should still be within 8 years. I would check the in-service date

I believe it 5/ 50 can’t find anything besides if you live in Cali you get 7/70. Is there something I missed ? Cause this could help

2016 GMC Denali 2500 CC/SB
Bought used at 9k. Full Delete at 14K.
Wehrli CP3 Conversion, exergy sportsman pump.
Fass 95 with draw straw, MBRP 3" SS Down pipe, Flo-pro 4" strait pipe, Deviant up pipe, Stock intake and plumbing, Motor OPS Single tune Stock with CTS2. Allison Deep pan with Trasynd.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-10-2018, 10:37 AM

On the LML exhaust the DPF is part of the SCR. The feds mandate that the catalytic converter on any vehicle (which the DPF/SCR falls under) be warranted for 8 years or 80,000 miles.

I went through this a couple of years ago when my 9th injector failed and plugged the DPF. The dealer wanted $3500.00 for the repairs. I reminded them about the 8/80 catalyst warranty so they covered the DPF and charged me $586.00 to replace the 9th injector, 2 months later I got a letter from GM stating an extended warranty on the 9th injector for 10/120, I brought the letter and the receipt to the dealer and they reimbursed me the $586.00
post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-10-2018, 10:41 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cornach View Post
On the LML exhaust the DPF is part of the SCR. The feds mandate that the catalytic converter on any vehicle (which the DPF/SCR falls under) be warranted for 8 years or 80,000 miles.

I went through this a couple of years ago when my 9th injector failed and plugged the DPF. The dealer wanted $3500.00 for the repairs. I reminded them about the 8/80 catalyst warranty so they covered the DPF and charged me $586.00 to replace the 9th injector, 2 months later I got a letter from GM stating an extended warranty on the 9th injector for 10/120, I brought the letter and the receipt to the dealer and they reimbursed me the $586.00

Thank you for the info !!!!! I will let him know

Fass 95 with draw straw, MBRP 3" SS Down pipe, Flo-pro 4" strait pipe, Deviant up pipe, Stock intake and plumbing, Motor OPS Single tune Stock with CTS2. Allison Deep pan with Trasynd.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-10-2018, 11:26 AM

No problem, Let us know how he makes out?
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-15-2018, 10:57 PM Thread Starter

Little update! So putting water in the dpf. Well after drying in the sun and trying to blow it out with a leaf blower there is still water in there. When we started the truck after putting it back on it stopped regening and idled normal seems to run ok but the dpf pressure sensor says 1500 psi when before it read 80psi. My friend only has 18 months left on his after market extended warranty so he is canceling it and getting 2k back. The dealer won’t budge on a new dpf which they way 4K for. Since there is only 18 months left of warranty he is just gonna delete it. He is gonna do a full delete and cp3 conversion since he would be spending the 4K anyway.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode