Need Help - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
11-16 LML Duramax Powertrain Discussion of components that are directly involved in the power production and all that is needed to get and keep the truck moving . Engine , Transmission, Etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-01-2019, 04:26 PM Thread Starter
DuramaxForum n00b

Need Help

Cranked truck and idled for about 2mins, then just shut off. Didn’t throw any error codes, now it won’t crank. Had a Mechanic buddy check with scanner and found a P262B code. Tried resetting error and cranking. No go, code will not stay cleared. Truck is a 2015.5, fully deleted with high flow Y bridge, Fass 150 lift pump. Any help would be great! Checked all fuses, good.

2015.5 LML
Fully Deleted with high flow Y Bridge
Lift pump
PPEI tuning with Ezlynk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-01-2019, 09:35 PM

I have had that on dodge's and they never had a no start. From what I know that just means their time is bad to run certain tests they need to run. I have never had one not start a truck. Did you check your primer? I am not thinking that is your problem unless you have good fuel pressure. You said you have a fass do you have a pressure gauge in the truck or a mechanical one you can hook up? Also try another key those stinking things go out on a whim with no warning. But if that's the only code your throwing and it cranks fine just wont start I would lean towards your ECM pooped its pants and that's no bueno but I like to check everything before condemning those high dollar computers hope you figure it out

ChevyCowboy2013
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-02-2019, 06:10 AM Thread Starter
DuramaxForum n00b

I check fuel pressure while turning the truck over. It was 6000+ so I have good pressure. I was able to pull my tune and reload one also. So could my ECM still be bad?

2015.5 LML
Lift pump
PPEI tuning with Ezlynk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-02-2019, 06:47 PM
DuramaxForum n00b

Confused, you said it wouln't crank - and also that you have 6000+ FP while turning it over, so it cranks, but won't start.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-02-2019, 08:18 PM Thread Starter
DuramaxForum n00b

Randy, I apologize for the wrong information. The code I don’t believe has anything to do with my issue. Upon further investigation I am only getting around 600kpi rail pressure when trying to crank. So my fuel pressure is not good at all. It will turn over but will not fire. I believe I need around 1800kpi for it to crank? Hoping and praying it’s not my cp4, but not sure what all to check to verify one way or the other. Gonna pull the fpr off the pump tomorrow afternoon to check for debris. But other than that I don’t know what to check. Thanks for responding

2015.5 LML
Lift pump
PPEI tuning with Ezlynk
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-03-2019, 06:45 AM

Try loosening the filter on your lift pump, turning the key so the lift pump is on and wait for fuel to spill out. Shut the key off and tighten the filter. May just need to re prime the lift pump.

Jkylew

2012 GMC Denali, Sinister Delete, Fass 150, CP3, Sump, 5" Exhaust, Zone 5" Lift, 35x12.5x20 Nitto Trail Grappler M/T.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode