Talking someone at GM that has a brain and authority - Page 3 - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
11-16 LML Duramax Powertrain Discussion of components that are directly involved in the power production and all that is needed to get and keep the truck moving . Engine , Transmission, Etc.

1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-11-2019, 11:27 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Gibson View Post
Anyone know if there is a technical service bulletin out for it? Mine blew yesterday and I am 15k miles over warranty, but still within the 5 years. Sometimes they extend for specific TSB issues, but I'm sure my luck is on the wrong side of this one.
There is no service bulliten or anything out for the cp4 pump good luck getting any help from GM with the repair I didn't so you have a 115k on your truck you can call GMC customer service and they will put your info into a formula to see if you will get any help I was declined because my truck was 764 days out of warranty but it only had 75830 miles on it. Make sure your dealer checks the fuel if it's due to bad fuel your insurance company may help my repair it 10k to fix dealer gave me a 3 year unlimited mileage warranty good luck to you

2012 GMC Sierra 2500HD Diesel 2wd Crew Cab. Stock. 200 mile regen club

Last edited by nashguy207; 09-11-2019 at 11:29 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-02-2020, 04:55 PM

Any correspondence I've ever had with GM customer support has been useless not very happy with them at all but good luck to you regardless
post #23 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-02-2020, 05:18 PM
Duramax Forum Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredn3ck View Post
Yes trucks with lift pumps have grenaded a CP4, see the CP4 failure thread.
I'm under the impression that the "lift pump" that helps prevent CP4 grenading refers to a lift pump with the combined water and fuel filters. As I understand it, the problem is the result of water and/or particle contamination and/or air being pulled into the CP4. I'm pretty sure a lift pump with filters will help make a poorly designed pump last longer, but if I were faced with replacing one, I would opt for a CP3 conversion just for the peace of mind. Another reason to hang on to my antique LLY.....

2004.5 GMC SLT 4X4 CCLB LLY Ally, some mystery stuff, trans by Mike L, Magnaflow DP, Ride Rites, LBZ turbo inlet mod, AD II 165, po' man CAI, HIDs, stock height, Cognito tie rods, Bilstein 5100s, Isspros, H2 wheels with Toyo OC 285-70-17s, B&W turnover & Companion, Prodigy P3, dog snot on windows......

Sent from my antique HP DV7-4183cl with Radeon HD5470 graphics, Beats Audio and Blu-ray drive.....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-03-2020, 12:33 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYTEAMSTER View Post
Any correspondence I've ever had with GM customer support has been useless not very happy with them at all but good luck to you regardless
I agree with they are totally helpless refuse to connect you with anyone that has a say so or any authority I got 0 help and joined a class action law suit

post #25 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-03-2020, 12:35 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALLY Cat View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredn3ck View Post
Yes trucks with lift pumps have grenaded a CP4, see the CP4 failure thread.
I'm under the impression that the "lift pump" that helps prevent CP4 grenading refers to a lift pump with the combined water and fuel filters. As I understand it, the problem is the result of water and/or particle contamination and/or air being pulled into the CP4. I'm pretty sure a lift pump with filters will help make a poorly designed pump last longer, but if I were faced with replacing one, I would opt for a CP3 conversion just for the peace of mind. Another reason to hang on to my antique LLY.....
Dealer checked my fuel no water or any other contaminants found in my fuel I have also seen them fail with a good lift pump

post #26 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-03-2020, 05:09 PM
DuramaxForum Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALLY Cat View Post
The ACDelco/Racor filter used on LML is an excellent' water filter.
CntrlCalDmax likes this.

2018 GMC 2500 L5P CCSB 4x4 Denali - Mineral Metallic; previous '11 LML, '10 LMM and 04.5 LLY
post #27 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-04-2020, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashguy207 View Post
............ I have also seen them fail with a good lift pump
Can you provide a reference?

2012 GMC LML/ALY 4X4 SLE CC 3500HD DRW - STOCK - FuelBox 60 gal Aux tank/Tooll box, Air Lift Bags with SmartAir Leveling System, Exergy Fuel System Saver, Kennedy Single LP - Just fits in the garage.

2007 Mobile Suites 36' TK3 Demco Glide Ride Pin, weighs 17,500# loaded.

2007 GMC LBZ/ALY 4X4 SLT CC 3500 DRW - TransferFlow Tank Tool Box Combo, EFILive DSP5, MBRP, Fred's 1.5 spacers, BD Exhaust Brake.
2004 GMC LLY/ALY 4X4 SLT CC SB, EFIlive, Mike L SCIV, TRADED
2001 Chevy LB7/ALY 4X4 EC SB - SOLD to neighbor
post #28 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-04-2020, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwngr View Post
The ACDelco/Racor filter used on LML is an excellent' water filter.
you have a p/n?

2002 GMC 2500HD, ECSB, 4WD, LB7
new style gm exhaust manifold, banks big head wastegate, PPE boost valve, banks air intake,high idle switch in cruise control, stock but not for long
EFI live tuned by me now,dps5 switch,EGT probe and autometer boost sensor,SoCal 6spd conversion

2016 GMC Denali stock for now
post #29 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-05-2020, 11:53 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CntrlCalDmax View Post
Quote:
There is a thread on here cp 4 pump failure you can search for it people there had failures with lift pumps one of the main problems our us diesel does not meet the scar rating that basch spec for the pump

Last edited by nashguy207; 01-05-2020 at 11:56 AM.
post #30 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-07-2020, 02:52 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CntrlCalDmax View Post
Quote:
There is also another thread on here titled cp4 reliability poll it is closed to comments but is 30 pages look in that one

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode