P2636 Code - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
11-16 LML Duramax Powertrain Discussion of components that are directly involved in the power production and all that is needed to get and keep the truck moving . Engine , Transmission, Etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-10-2019, 04:45 PM Thread Starter

P2636 Code

This may be posted somewhere but I haven't found it yet, Anyway, 2016 3500 throwing P2626 code. Recall for fuel line rerouting has been done. On the 3rd transfer pump (replaced last one on 09/05/19). Problem is the truck is only throwing the code when the fuel level gets to 1/4. Doing this both before and after the last pump replacement. Don't know if this makes a difference but when filling up both tanks the front tank holds around 8 gallons and the rear tank will take every bit of 40 gallons. I fill them both as soon as it throws the code. I drive ~500 miles daily pulling 22,000# trailer and getting aggravating having to stop at 450 miles to fill tanks. Before code problem could go appx. 550miles. Thanks in advance for any help.

2016 Chevy 3500HD Duramax
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-10-2019, 05:07 PM
Duramax Lifetime Supporter

Garage
P2636 Code

Here is something for you to read through, diagnostic help. I havenít had time to read through totally, but just glancing through it looks like there are two different calibrations, is it possible that the wrong one was flashed into your truck by the dealer? Also just glanced at something that said the fuel gauge will default to empty when this DTC sets? Iíll have a little more time later this evening to read through everything.

In order from bottom to top.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2017 GMC 3500 DRW/CCLB

--2015 GMC 3500 SRW/CCLB--
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-11-2019, 05:36 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for your help on this. But for now its on the back burner cause I joined the CP4 club this morning.

2016 Chevy 3500HD Duramax
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode