Moderate LML engine rebuild... - Page 6 - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
11-16 LML Duramax Powertrain Discussion of components that are directly involved in the power production and all that is needed to get and keep the truck moving . Engine , Transmission, Etc.

24Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #51 of 64 (permalink) Old 11-15-2019, 06:46 PM
Duramax Lifetime Supporter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by mstein86 View Post
M.A.M. so I'm following ALLDATAdiy.com for the rebuild procedure and I'm worried about installing the cam wrong. The website just says to line up the timing marks on the crankshaft gear and camshaft gear. Can it be that easy?

Yeah, itís that easy. The cam and crank both have keys or pins so you canít install the gear wrong onto them. From there you just line up the timing marks. Canít go wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
mstein86 likes this.

2017 GMC 3500 DRW/CCLB

--2015 GMC 3500 SRW/CCLB--
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #52 of 64 (permalink) Old 12-15-2019, 08:44 AM Thread Starter

OK got the engine in and everything buttoned up, turns over but wont fire. I have a fass 150 so I know the filter head in the engine bay has fuel, the plunger is hard. I cracked the bleeder screw to make sure there is no air. I tried putting compressed air to the fuel return line, I guess it needs 80psi to help the injectors work. I have a small fuel leak in the valley, not sure if its coming from the CP3 or a fuel line. I noticed fuel dripping down the back of the engine. I'll look at that today. I also reloaded the tune as well. Any suggestions?

2012 GMC Sierra 2500HD Denali
Stage 1 short block, ATI damper, Fass 150, CP3, upgraded trans, Up pipe, Down pipe, EZ lynk w/ 5 tunes SOTF, Magnaflow exhaust, PCV re-route, 4 inch Fabtech lift, 35in tires, HD motor mounts
post #53 of 64 (permalink) Old 12-15-2019, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mstein86 View Post
OK got the engine in and everything buttoned up, turns over but wont fire. I have a fass 150 so I know the filter head in the engine bay has fuel, the plunger is hard. I cracked the bleeder screw to make sure there is no air. I tried putting compressed air to the fuel return line, I guess it needs 80psi to help the injectors work. I have a small fuel leak in the valley, not sure if its coming from the CP3 or a fuel line. I noticed fuel dripping down the back of the engine. I'll look at that today. I also reloaded the tune as well. Any suggestions?
If you have a slight fuel leak in between cp3 and injectors it wont build enough pressure to let it fire up.

I had that happen to me one time, was such a small leak that about over looked it on the fuel rail.

Sent from my SM-G977U using Tapatalk
mstein86 likes this.

2016 lml chevy ccsb. Last december installed a HSP compound turbo kit with a stainless diesel 5 blade S475 over stock. And a exergy 10mm cp3 conversion kit but still stock injectors and transmission. 5" flo-pro exhaust with no muffler and tuning is done with EZ Lynk by PPEI.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #54 of 64 (permalink) Old 12-15-2019, 11:02 AM Thread Starter

Thanks, I'll definitely fix the leak first

Stage 1 short block, ATI damper, Fass 150, CP3, upgraded trans, Up pipe, Down pipe, EZ lynk w/ 5 tunes SOTF, Magnaflow exhaust, PCV re-route, 4 inch Fabtech lift, 35in tires, HD motor mounts
post #55 of 64 (permalink) Old 12-15-2019, 11:22 AM

Garage
Are you certain all the grounds are connected. I missed one on the front of the engine that was for the ecm, and it cranked but didnít fire. It would be good to hook up a scanner and see if itís building rail pressure or not.

How long have cranked it over already.? It takes a good while to work the air out of a dry system.

2017 GMC 3500 DRW/CCLB

post #56 of 64 (permalink) Old 12-15-2019, 11:25 AM Thread Starter

I'm pretty sure all the ground wires are hooked up. does the ez-lynk have a rail pressure option?

post #57 of 64 (permalink) Old 12-15-2019, 11:43 AM

Garage
Yes it should have. Watch what actual rail pressure is. Should be somewhere between 4-6k, IIRC.

2017 GMC 3500 DRW/CCLB

post #58 of 64 (permalink) Old 12-15-2019, 12:12 PM Thread Starter

What is the name of the one I want to watch, lots of ones named injection pressure etc...

post #59 of 64 (permalink) Old 12-15-2019, 12:15 PM Thread Starter

Injection pressure (A) is 0.0
Injection pressure (D) is 6.1

post #60 of 64 (permalink) Old 12-15-2019, 06:53 PM

Garage
Yeah, youíre not building any rail pressure. How long have you cranked it over already trying to start it? Can you take off the supply right at the cp3 just to make sure you have fuel there?

You can try pinching the return fuel line where it goes down below the cab, but need the second person to immediately release it it does start.

mstein86 likes this.

2017 GMC 3500 DRW/CCLB

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode