Moderate LML engine rebuild... - Page 7 - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
11-16 LML Duramax Powertrain Discussion of components that are directly involved in the power production and all that is needed to get and keep the truck moving . Engine , Transmission, Etc.

24Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #61 of 64 (permalink) Old 12-16-2019, 06:10 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.A.M. View Post
Yeah, you’re not building any rail pressure. How long have you cranked it over already trying to start it? Can you take off the supply right at the cp3 just to make sure you have fuel there?

You can try pinching the return fuel line where it goes down below the cab, but need the second person to immediately release it it does start.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I will try pinching the fuel return next after I fix the coolant leaks. I found one being the radiator. I think the other is the thermostat housing where it connects to the block. I had to remove it one I had everything tight, I forgot to run some wires behind it. I have a felpro thermostat gasket set, they are the softer gasket material not the metal ones GM uses, I'll just add a little RTV and I should be good to go.

2012 GMC Sierra 2500HD Denali
Stage 1 short block, ATI damper, Fass 150, CP3, upgraded trans, Up pipe, Down pipe, EZ lynk w/ 5 tunes SOTF, Magnaflow exhaust, PCV re-route, 4 inch Fabtech lift, 35in tires, HD motor mounts
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 64 (permalink) Old 12-23-2019, 04:41 PM Thread Starter

Got the beast done... started on the 3rd crank. Thanks for everyone's help, it was really appreciated. Found the fuel leak, it was the hard line from pass. rail to the CP3. It was loose on the CP3. Coolant leak was the radiator and the thermostat housing where it bolts to the block. Replaced all the gaskets and radiator, well the new radiator leaks so I'm trying to get them to replace it. It was an aftermarket from a reputable diesel company, should have paid the extra money and gone OEM...
Attached Images

CDmax16 likes this.

2012 GMC Sierra 2500HD Denali
Stage 1 short block, ATI damper, Fass 150, CP3, upgraded trans, Up pipe, Down pipe, EZ lynk w/ 5 tunes SOTF, Magnaflow exhaust, PCV re-route, 4 inch Fabtech lift, 35in tires, HD motor mounts
post #63 of 64 (permalink) Old 12-24-2019, 02:07 PM

Glad to here you got it running. Sorry to hear about the new radiator leaking if they are a repitul company they should stand behind it. Let us know what happens on the radiator and if they don't take care of it tell us the name of the company so we can avoid them in the future

2012 GMC Sierra 2500HD Diesel 2wd Crew Cab. Stock. 200 mile regen club
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #64 of 64 (permalink) Old 12-29-2019, 02:44 AM
DuramaxForum Veteran

Great to hear that you got it running!

2018 Toyota Tundra Platinum Crewmax
SOLD:2008 LMM Silverado 2500 LTZ ECSB 4X4.
Aftermarket DSP5 calibration by Danville Performance, Blocked and re-routed, Nicktane with Baldwin BF7587, PPE lift pump with Baldwin BF1212 water separator, 285/75/17 Dura Grapplers on H2s, CTS Insight with pyro.HIDs in fogs and high beams.

Proud Member U/A Local 693 Plumbers/Pipefitters.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode