Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum

Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum (https://www.duramaxforum.com/forum/)
-   11-16 LML Performance Parts Discussion (https://www.duramaxforum.com/forum/11-16-lml-performance-parts-discussion/)
-   -   Who still sells an LML delete pipe??? (https://www.duramaxforum.com/forum/11-16-lml-performance-parts-discussion/1000755-who-still-sells-lml-delete-pipe.html)

patrickg 10-10-2019 10:39 AM

Who still sells an LML delete pipe???

I’m struggling to find somebody that still sells a pipe to replace the dpf. Worst case I’ll have to get one made.

BlakDog04 10-10-2019 11:09 AM

Same here. I just want to delete the dpf and get a single tune but not having any luck

denarli6.6 10-10-2019 06:16 PM

Ebay & maple leaves will satisfy your desires

patrickg 10-10-2019 09:05 PM

Maple leaves? As in Canadian companies? Motorops and the other Canadian sellers i spoke with said they can’t ship the delete pipes to the US for the LML anymore. They can still sell tuning, but not the “race” pipes.

BlakDog04 10-11-2019 05:51 AM

I found the pipe on eBay but don’t really want tunes from motor ops. Rather go with someone else

Jimc295 10-11-2019 06:06 AM

eBay is your friend.

patrickg 10-11-2019 06:34 AM

Why wouldn’t you want tunes from Motorops? The only brands I would go with are ATP, DuramaxTuner, PPEI, or Motorops. Motorops is the only one left still making delete tunes.

BlakDog04 10-11-2019 02:02 PM

I took my truck to Duramaxtuner and didn’t like the way they handled my repair. I know they’re affiliated with Motorops so I won’t use them

denarli6.6 10-11-2019 02:39 PM

Beggars can't be choosers when it comes to deleting your truck with how things are going. I'd order the hard parts off Ebay & get my tuning from Motorops. I haven't heard anything negative about them or their customer service, but hey to each is their own. You must hate duramaxtuner & motorops pretty bad to leave that restricting potato cannon and EGR in tact that is technically decreasing the life of your thousand dollar truck. Good luck to you

J83 10-11-2019 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patrickg (Post 12215675)
I’m struggling to find somebody that still sells a pipe to replace the dpf. Worst case I’ll have to get one made.

you may be able to get a resonator or muffler to replace the DPF with that would be the same length more or less depending on where you cut. The DPF plays a big role in noise reduction so you may find that its obnoxious without it anyway.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlakDog04 (Post 12215953)
I found the pipe on eBay but don’t really want tunes from motor ops. Rather go with someone else

Given the current crack down though, your options are greatly reduced for US companies, and im not familiar with any other Canadian companies besides motor ops.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlakDog04 (Post 12216125)
I took my truck to Duramaxtuner and didn’t like the way they handled my repair. I know they’re affiliated with Motorops so I won’t use them

i feel like there affiliation with motor ops is kind of like Mcdonalds affiliation with cattle farmers. You dont blame one for the failures of the other. As far as i am aware they are completely separate companies that happen to share a common interest, and work with each other for the good of the customer and there own interests. I dont believe one has a stake in the other though.

Ill add also that my interaction with motor ops was, while not perfect, vastly better than i anticipated. There was a couple parts that were not exactly right for my truck, i did have to source a couple things myself (wrong down pipe flange ect) but the support from them was excellent. While im sure there are hotter tunes out there, im pretty pleased with what motor ops did for me.