Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum

Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum (https://www.duramaxforum.com/forum/)
-   11-16 LML Performance Parts Discussion (https://www.duramaxforum.com/forum/11-16-lml-performance-parts-discussion/)
-   -   Jamo exhaust?! Need insight! (https://www.duramaxforum.com/forum/11-16-lml-performance-parts-discussion/1000865-jamo-exhaust-need-insight.html)

deez112 10-13-2019 09:47 PM

Jamo exhaust?! Need insight!

Alright, needing some insight if this sou is like a good stand point. Attempting to do a fixxerup. But, seems like I'm having a hard time! I cant seem to find a LML w/ a JAMO 5" exhaust! I'm in luck and found a genie who granted me a wish and my truck is getting its training wheels and urea "cancer" deleted!

But, I'm having some concerns!!! Were going w/ simple single tune (low to stock), 5" JAMO exhaust, blocker plates, and ["Fass 165gph" w/ sump"]

Why???? Isnt that worse than a smaller FASS System?
( FYI, yes for other ppl who will say "cp3, conversion," I'm undergoing a process of building a house. So, I herd about the news and figured it's time to bite the bullet! Thanks!!!

SilverGorillaLML 10-13-2019 11:57 PM

What's your question?

deez112 10-14-2019 04:39 AM

Wouldn't a Fass 165GPH be too big for something that isnt going to be pushing ALOT OF HP? Also, other than noise, why a sump? That's taking even more money out the better mods rainy day funds

Sierraluva 10-14-2019 04:58 AM

Nah you donít need a 165. Itís waaay overkill. Fo 95 or 100 tops. Or Kennedy single or double.

deez112 10-14-2019 05:05 AM

See that is what I figured! This was his response when i asked him Fass95 vs Fass165...

" Do 165GPH....little to no price difference and much more fuel flow. The 1/4 tank issue is from folks improperly installing pickup tube. I recommend doing a sump with fass. It’ll prevent that’s from happening and also gravity feeds pump and makes the fass life easier"

I feel like that's wayy too much! Unless I was pushing more power! But, wouldn't a 165GPH make me smoke more ?

Sierraluva 10-14-2019 05:12 AM

Ya more fuel without more power (burning it) just means more fuel returned to the tank causing heat. Itís all a gimmick and in my opinion is not needed. As for the sump-its also take it or leave it. It certainly doesnít hurt. But the condition in which starvation happens when the tank is running low is rare. I make it a point to fill at half a tank. Donít forget that fuel treatment too.

deez112 10-14-2019 05:17 AM

So if it was already ordered, what could help compensate for the difference? Higher tune? Bigger tune? Cp3?

Thanks again everyone! For all the opinions! Anything helps!

Sierraluva 10-14-2019 05:43 AM

To fully utilize the supply that a 165 provides you can add the following:

Dual fuel pumps
4 turbos
Complete top and bottom build
Custom tuning
Custom combustion timing
Custom fuel system

Then maybe, just maybe you will use close to the 165 gallons per hour. Provided you are pulling a tractor sled at 4K rpm the entire time.

deez112 10-14-2019 05:48 AM

Okay. So is there anyone around who has a JAMO exhuast? I've never herd 1 before (especially on LML)? I originally wanted Diamond Eye. But, in these times beggars cant be choosers

J83 10-14-2019 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deez112 (Post 12217145)
Wouldn't a Fass 165GPH be too big for something that isnt going to be pushing ALOT OF HP? Also, other than noise, why a sump? That's taking even more money out the better mods rainy day funds

that flow is several times more than you need, however it also wont hurt anything. You could drop it down to the 95, and you would see no changes in performance, however if you already have the 165, run it.