Jamo exhaust?! Need insight! - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
11-16 LML Performance Parts Discussion Discussion of Performance Parts For the 2011 to 2016 LML Duramax Trucks No Advertising

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-13-2019, 09:47 PM Thread Starter

Jamo exhaust?! Need insight!

Alright, needing some insight if this sou is like a good stand point. Attempting to do a fixxerup. But, seems like I'm having a hard time! I cant seem to find a LML w/ a JAMO 5" exhaust! I'm in luck and found a genie who granted me a wish and my truck is getting its training wheels and urea "cancer" deleted!

But, I'm having some concerns!!! Were going w/ simple single tune (low to stock), 5" JAMO exhaust, blocker plates, and ["Fass 165gph" w/ sump"]

Why???? Isnt that worse than a smaller FASS System?
( FYI, yes for other ppl who will say "cp3, conversion," I'm undergoing a process of building a house. So, I herd about the news and figured it's time to bite the bullet! Thanks!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-13-2019, 11:57 PM
DuramaxForum Fanatic

What's your question?

2012 QCSB/Built 6.8L Cummins/48RE/Gated shifter
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-14-2019, 04:39 AM Thread Starter

Wouldn't a Fass 165GPH be too big for something that isnt going to be pushing ALOT OF HP? Also, other than noise, why a sump? That's taking even more money out the better mods rainy day funds
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-14-2019, 04:58 AM
Duramax Forum Supporter

Garage
Nah you donít need a 165. Itís waaay overkill. Fo 95 or 100 tops. Or Kennedy single or double.

🤘 Kennedy fuel system support hardware, CCM front Diff Drop, some LEDs to make night into day, got some big ol 20's and wide ass tires and a nice display to show me what's up under the hood-

2012GMC2500CCSB
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-14-2019, 05:05 AM Thread Starter

See that is what I figured! This was his response when i asked him Fass95 vs Fass165...

" Do 165GPH....little to no price difference and much more fuel flow. The 1/4 tank issue is from folks improperly installing pickup tube. I recommend doing a sump with fass. It’ll prevent that’s from happening and also gravity feeds pump and makes the fass life easier"

I feel like that's wayy too much! Unless I was pushing more power! But, wouldn't a 165GPH make me smoke more ?
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-14-2019, 05:12 AM
Duramax Forum Supporter

Garage
Ya more fuel without more power (burning it) just means more fuel returned to the tank causing heat. Itís all a gimmick and in my opinion is not needed. As for the sump-its also take it or leave it. It certainly doesnít hurt. But the condition in which starvation happens when the tank is running low is rare. I make it a point to fill at half a tank. Donít forget that fuel treatment too.

🤘 Kennedy fuel system support hardware, CCM front Diff Drop, some LEDs to make night into day, got some big ol 20's and wide ass tires and a nice display to show me what's up under the hood-

2012GMC2500CCSB
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-14-2019, 05:17 AM Thread Starter

So if it was already ordered, what could help compensate for the difference? Higher tune? Bigger tune? Cp3?

Thanks again everyone! For all the opinions! Anything helps!
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-14-2019, 05:43 AM
Duramax Forum Supporter

Garage
To fully utilize the supply that a 165 provides you can add the following:

Dual fuel pumps
4 turbos
Complete top and bottom build
Custom tuning
Custom combustion timing
Custom fuel system

Then maybe, just maybe you will use close to the 165 gallons per hour. Provided you are pulling a tractor sled at 4K rpm the entire time.

2012GMC2500CCSB
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-14-2019, 05:48 AM Thread Starter

Okay. So is there anyone around who has a JAMO exhuast? I've never herd 1 before (especially on LML)? I originally wanted Diamond Eye. But, in these times beggars cant be choosers
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-14-2019, 11:08 AM

Location: we live in a high mountain valley in the hi country of northern arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by deez112 View Post
Okay. So is there anyone around who has a JAMO exhuast? I've never herd 1 before (especially on LML)? I originally wanted Diamond Eye. But, in these times beggars cant be choosers
. . . . . .

In case my suspicion is correct ( that there are "ringers" in here from both the legal dept. of GM and EPA,) I deny everything in here - it is all lies just put here for fun and entertainment...………

Now, speaking for fun, just hypothetically, not that I would ever do anything so mean to the bunny wabbets, ruin A0C's chances for happy motherhood...and be the direct cause of the end of human life on this planet in 10 years...……..

In this "fantasy world of just entertainment"....I just had installed and UN-installed certain "things".

JAMO ac004db. That's the part number for a complete JAMO "delete" exhaust system - everything from the header pipe to the tip. No more CAT, no more DPF, no more of the delightful thrills of being stuck at the side of a Interstate, unable to pull my trailer at more than 10-15 mph....(thanks to the murderous #($($*#@! who designed our computers to go without warning into "limp mode" because of some real or imagined mal-function in all those sensors, miles of unnecessary wiring...etc.)

Bear in mind the part number I posted is for the 2011-2015. Much to my delight and surprise, the muffler that comes with it is a "straight thru" ( as in "no back pressure") it isn't noisy - the very slight increase in noise when driving with the windows open is not jarring or unpleasant.(added a few days and miles later....changed my mind- while it isn't unpleasant - it is borderline annoying...so... ordering a second "straight-thru" muffler to, hopefully, tone it down a little more....! )

I was particularly pleased with the over-all quality of the several pieces, how well they fit together, and how well everything lined up with the existing hangars.

Remember, just because you are paranoid dosnt change the fact that "THEY" really are out to get us....!

2013 3500 long bed crew cab. Purchased at approx. 80,000; now have 91,000, convert to CP3. DPF "triggerd" a limp mode, so was cut out of the vehicle & cleaned by a DPF cleaning co., on re-installation, everything back to normal. Would never ever think of something as nasty and as anti bunny wabbet as a full-delete...after all..dosnt everyone like the fun & excitement of being stuck by the side of a Interstate in the ran while towing when one's truck's computer decides to go into "limp mode"...?.

Last edited by 6686L; 10-17-2019 at 07:19 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode