LML Filter Relocate Kit..... - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
11-16 LML Performance Parts Discussion Discussion of Performance Parts For the 2011 to 2016 LML Duramax Trucks No Advertising

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-19-2019, 09:46 PM Thread Starter
DuramaxForum Enthusiast

LML Filter Relocate Kit.....

I may or may not post up my whole install. There are a few threads here already plus all the youtube videos.

Just wanted to let you guys know Western Diesel has upgraded the bracket to brushed stainless steel, and added as nice stiffener to it as well.

The kit no longer comes with molded hoses, which is a drag.

I'll post up my work-around for that when I get it all together which may not be for a few weeks...

I need to get my car together for the CHRR next weekend....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-20-2019, 12:25 PM
Duramax Forum Supporter

Like the stiffener. I made up across brace for mine. Also didn't get molded hoses. Got some hoses from Summit.

2012 3500hd srw 4 wd EFILive cp3 conversion dsp5 Jamco exhaust Blue Ridge Diesel lift pump Trifca bed cover B& W gooseneck hitch
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-22-2019, 08:13 PM Thread Starter
DuramaxForum Enthusiast

Since the kit no longer comes with the molded 180 degree bend hoses, my buddy made me some aluminum 1/2" heavy wall, barbed, 180 bends to route the hoses over the the relocated filter head...

Easy-Peasy....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-23-2019, 01:57 AM
Duramax Forum Supporter

Cool. Nice to have buddy that can make stuff. The Blue hoses from Summit will bend without kink,just not as tight as your aluminum bend.

2012 3500hd srw 4 wd EFILive cp3 conversion dsp5 Jamco exhaust Blue Ridge Diesel lift pump Trifca bed cover B& W gooseneck hitch
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-23-2019, 10:50 AM
J83
DuramaxForum Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlisoBob View Post

Since the kit no longer comes with the molded 180 degree bend hoses, my buddy made me some aluminum 1/2" heavy wall, barbed, 180 bends to route the hoses over the the relocated filter head...

Easy-Peasy....
man, i wish i had a set of those when i did my install. i found some similar things online from home beer brewing suppliers but the cost on food grade stuff was like half of the cost of the relocation kit just in those 2 bent tubes. I would really like to see something like this included in the kit. From talking to them, it was hinted at that something like this might be in the works as a solution to the hose issue. I would have paid more for the kit to include these though.

I wouldn't mind seeing another write up on this, The first one was good but i think more exposure to this kit would make a lot of owners lives better. Im honestly surprised no one had made this kit years ago. Such a simple solution to a frustrating problem.

2015 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD 6.6L LML

Last edited by J83; 10-23-2019 at 10:54 AM.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-23-2019, 12:10 PM Thread Starter
DuramaxForum Enthusiast

If anyone wants a pair of these... their $25, shipped anywhere in the lower 48.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode