15 & 16 LML Emmissions Friendly Stock VGT/ S369 SXE Compound by Wherli - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
11-16 LML Performance Parts Discussion Discussion of Performance Parts For the 2011 to 2016 LML Duramax Trucks No Advertising

1Likes
  • 1 Post By denarli6.6

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-04-2019, 04:20 PM Thread Starter

15 & 16 LML Emmissions Friendly Stock VGT/ S369 SXE Compound by Wherli

Took a stroll thru the Wehrli website and came across this turbo set up. With all the uproar about emmissions & bla bla bla I figured i would post this for the LML guys looking to get some more power and stay compliant.

https://www.wcfab.com/i-31644055-201...tegory:1378157
Noble_dmax likes this.

2016 LML Denali 2500
Mcgaughy's 2" drop shackle
Bilstein 5100
22x10 American Force Flux black w machined or Toyos on OEM wheels. Depends on the day of the week
Wehrli S300 kit w/ 66mm SXE
Wehrli CP3 conversion 10mm stroker
Profab Manifold & Up-pipes
Stock Trans For Now
Stock Sticks For Now
Air Dog 165 4G
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-04-2019, 06:01 PM Thread Starter

I figured I'd throw this out there, but after looking at this kit I'm questioning a few things. My understanding thru research and talking with others in the diesel industry is that the 369 SXE with the 73mm turbine is a lot more restrictive than the VGT chargers with the vanes open. Due to this wouldn't the drive pressures be thru the roof at higher power levels or will that all be controlled thru the tuning making sure the vanes in the VGT don't outflow what the S369 turbine can handle?

2016 LML Denali 2500
Bilstein 5100
22x10 American Force Flux black w machined or Toyos on OEM wheels. Depends on the day of the week
Stock Trans For Now
Stock Sticks For Now
Air Dog 165 4G
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-08-2019, 09:18 AM
Duramax Lifetime Supporter

I seen that a little while ago too. They say up to 650 rwhp.

But would the drive pressure be any greater running this compound setup vs running this 369 as a single?

Sent from my SM-G977U using Tapatalk

2016 lml chevy ccsb. Last december installed a HSP compound turbo kit with a stainless diesel 5 blade S475 over stock. And a exergy 10mm cp3 conversion kit but still stock injectors and transmission. 5" flo-pro exhaust with no muffler and tuning is done with EZ Lynk by PPEI.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-08-2019, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwi lml View Post

But would the drive pressure be any greater running this compound setup vs running this 369 as a single?

what kind of power are you making w/ your set up?looks interesting.I like this truck,but its a slug compared to my 02.need to get some of the fun into this truck.
what kind of tunes did you get w/ your ez lynk ?

2002 GMC 2500HD, ECSB, 4WD, LB7
new style gm exhaust manifold, banks big head wastegate, PPE boost valve, banks air intake,high idle switch in cruise control, stock but not for long
EFI live tuned by me now,dps5 switch,EGT probe and autometer boost sensor,SoCal 6spd conversion

2016 GMC Denali stock for now
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-08-2019, 05:44 PM
Duramax Lifetime Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmc502 View Post
what kind of power are you making w/ your set up?looks interesting.I like this truck,but its a slug compared to my 02.need to get some of the fun into this truck.
what kind of tunes did you get w/ your ez lynk ?
I should be around the 600 hp or possibly a little over, not sure exactly. All I know is it's more than the stock transmission wants to take a regular basis so I've been trying to take it easy lol.

I see over 60 lbs of boost under full throttle on my biggest tune so it definitely rips pretty good.

And I just have the normal tune that Kory offers for my setup, position 1 is just a lot less fuel than position 5.

2016 lml chevy ccsb. Last december installed a HSP compound turbo kit with a stainless diesel 5 blade S475 over stock. And a exergy 10mm cp3 conversion kit but still stock injectors and transmission. 5" flo-pro exhaust with no muffler and tuning is done with EZ Lynk by PPEI.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-08-2019, 07:54 PM

Quote:
I should be around the 600 hp or possibly a little over, not sure exactly. All I know is it's more than the stock transmission wants to take a regular basis so I've been trying to take it easy lol.

I see over 60 lbs of boost under full throttle on my biggest tune so it definitely rips pretty good.

And I just have the normal tune that Kory offers for my setup, position 1 is just a lot less fuel than position 5.

nice

2002 GMC 2500HD, ECSB, 4WD, LB7
new style gm exhaust manifold, banks big head wastegate, PPE boost valve, banks air intake,high idle switch in cruise control, stock but not for long
EFI live tuned by me now,dps5 switch,EGT probe and autometer boost sensor,SoCal 6spd conversion

2016 GMC Denali stock for now
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-09-2019, 12:57 PM Thread Starter

Quote:

I bet your easily 625-650 on the big tune.

2016 LML Denali 2500
Bilstein 5100
Stock Trans For Now
Stock Sticks For Now
Air Dog 165 4G
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-09-2019, 01:00 PM Thread Starter

Quote:

Now that you say that i'm guessing it would be close if not the same as to running it as a single since its the low pressure turbo in this specific set up that would be the choking point.

2016 LML Denali 2500
Bilstein 5100
Stock Trans For Now
Stock Sticks For Now
Air Dog 165 4G
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode