Another delete thread... Buy now?? - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
11-16 LML Performance Parts Discussion Discussion of Performance Parts For the 2011 to 2016 LML Duramax Trucks No Advertising

43Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 63 (permalink) Old 12-06-2019, 04:58 PM Thread Starter
DuramaxForum n00b

Another delete thread... Buy now??

My 2016 LML has 47k miles and I'm happy with the power, etc. No need for more for how often/little I tow.

That said the emissions warranty goes off at 50k and I've always been told the particulate filter goes not long after the warranty...

So brought the GF's car to the guy I'd have do the delete if I did one and got talking about it. He said prices are soaring and stuff is getting harder to get because they are cracking down on companies that make the products.

It was always my plan to drive the truck stock as long as I could and then when something needed replacing that was costly just delete it all at that time. This guy can be kinda dramatic at times, is he right about the costs and availability getting to be an issue and it'll only get worse? He suggested buying the stuff now even if I don't use it until later, and made a point of telling me how much stuff has gone up since I bought my truck in Dec '16 and he told me to delete day one. He keeps saying once I do it I'll regret not doing it sooner.

So my point of this thread and question to the group is are you seeing prices soaring? Is it getting hard to get the parts I'll need to do a delete? Will I really regret not doing it day one?
Dales Super Store likes this.

2016 GMC Denali 2500HD
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 63 (permalink) Old 12-06-2019, 05:00 PM Thread Starter
DuramaxForum n00b

I googled EPA ban on delete tuning, sounds like they are getting serious?

2016 GMC Denali 2500HD
post #3 of 63 (permalink) Old 12-09-2019, 02:06 PM

Yes they are serious and yes parts and tuning have become difficult to acquire. This will probably be the most info you will be able to obtain in here related to this subject. Your best bet is to find a local diesel performance shop in your area and talk to them face to face and see what they can do. A lot of folks are paranoid about letting out anymore information on the internet pertaining to this, especially to a new forum member. Best of luck, it is becoming a thing of the past.
Dales Super Store likes this.

2015 GMC Sierra 2500hd CCSB 4x4, Edge CTS2, 4" DP back, turbo resonator delete, EGR blocker plate,Bilstein 5100s, 10% tint
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 63 (permalink) Old 12-09-2019, 03:53 PM Thread Starter
DuramaxForum n00b

Not new, just don't post much. I read a lot. I joined a year before you did.

2016 GMC Denali 2500HD
post #5 of 63 (permalink) Old 12-09-2019, 04:00 PM

Don't post much? You joined 2 yrs, 11 months before your first post

2015.5 Chevrolet Silverado LTZ, Z71, SRW.
Summit White
post #6 of 63 (permalink) Old 12-09-2019, 04:02 PM Thread Starter
DuramaxForum n00b

I'm undercover for the EPA. I've been planning my infiltration of this forum for years.
DaJokr, mwberg, Ron505 and 1 others like this.

2016 GMC Denali 2500HD
post #7 of 63 (permalink) Old 12-09-2019, 04:16 PM
J83
DuramaxForum Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbon Summit View Post
My 2016 LML has 47k miles and I'm happy with the power, etc. No need for more for how often/little I tow.

That said the emissions warranty goes off at 50k and I've always been told the particulate filter goes not long after the warranty...

So brought the GF's car to the guy I'd have do the delete if I did one and got talking about it. He said prices are soaring and stuff is getting harder to get because they are cracking down on companies that make the products.

It was always my plan to drive the truck stock as long as I could and then when something needed replacing that was costly just delete it all at that time. This guy can be kinda dramatic at times, is he right about the costs and availability getting to be an issue and it'll only get worse? He suggested buying the stuff now even if I don't use it until later, and made a point of telling me how much stuff has gone up since I bought my truck in Dec '16 and he told me to delete day one. He keeps saying once I do it I'll regret not doing it sooner.

So my point of this thread and question to the group is are you seeing prices soaring? Is it getting hard to get the parts I'll need to do a delete? Will I really regret not doing it day one?

it was hard to find some of the late LML parts even before the recent EPA super crack down. It was an adventure tracking some things down, and ultimately ended up requiring a much more complete solution then originally expected. I would say that your best bet might be a phone call north.

Quote:
I'm undercover for the EPA. I've been planning my infiltration of this forum for years.
Dont joke like that.... i had someone the other day accuse me of being an EPA plant because i asked for sources on their bullshit, and im pushing 5K posts. people might believe it at 4 lol.
Carbon Summit and kovar like this.

2015 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD 6.6L LML

Last edited by J83; 12-09-2019 at 04:19 PM.
post #8 of 63 (permalink) Old 12-09-2019, 04:28 PM

Good for you didn't realize that mattered but if you truly had any idea of whats going on, seeing you've been on the forum for this long with 2 posts. You wouldn't even make a post like this. Good luck getting any help with a response like that most of these guys wont even respond to you to begin with.

2015 GMC Sierra 2500hd CCSB 4x4, Edge CTS2, 4" DP back, turbo resonator delete, EGR blocker plate,Bilstein 5100s, 10% tint
post #9 of 63 (permalink) Old 12-09-2019, 04:47 PM Thread Starter
DuramaxForum n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovar View Post
Good for you didn't realize that mattered but if you truly had any idea of whats going on, seeing you've been on the forum for this long with 2 posts. You wouldn't even make a post like this. Good luck getting any help with a response like that most of these guys wont even respond to you to begin with.
From a guy with low 20s before this thread, lol!

I appreciate all the members and the information shared on this forum. As I have a question about something I jump on here and find an answer. No need to post on an old thread or start a new thread on something that a search can provide the answer to. I think that makes me a good member of a forum. Not someone that jumps on and starts a thread every time the have a question rather than just doing a simple search.

In this case though it sounded from talking to that mechanic that things had changed pretty recently and drasticly, after a search found no info I decided to make a post.

kovar I think you're taking things way to serious!!!
BeagleIL and kovar like this.

2016 GMC Denali 2500HD
post #10 of 63 (permalink) Old 12-09-2019, 04:53 PM
J83
DuramaxForum Enthusiast

Quote:
From a guy with low 20s before this thread, lol!

I appreciate all the members and the information shared on this forum. As I have a question about something I jump on here and find an answer. No need to post on an old thread or start a new thread on something that a search can provide the answer to. I think that makes me a good member of a forum. Not someone that jumps on and starts a thread every time the have a question rather than just doing a simple search.

In this case though it sounded from talking to that mechanic that things had changed pretty recently and drasticly, after a search found no info I decided to make a post.

kovar I think you're taking things way to serious!!!
The reason everyone is on edge about the whole thing is that in the past it was a grey area.... a dark grey area, but generally speaking there was very little risk for the actual owner. After the EPA changes a month or two ago that has possibly changed as it seems they are at war with all things diesel after the big smack down they laid on all the tuners.

You can thank your local "smoke tunes are cool lets roll coal at pedestrians" dip shits of the world for this change.

2015 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD 6.6L LML
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode