WC-Fab highflow bundle kit? - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
11-16 LML Performance Parts Discussion Discussion of Performance Parts For the 2011 to 2016 LML Duramax Trucks No Advertising

10Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 45 (permalink) Old 01-12-2020, 10:48 PM Thread Starter

WC-Fab highflow bundle kit?

Hi all, I just recently acquired a 2012 LML with 105k miles bone stock. I do believe the injection pump as been replaced, but i need to contact local dealer for more info. Anyways, in the near future i am going to tune it via Efi Live with Danville performance ECM/TCM tunes, 5" Flo-pro exhaust, and a fass. Anyways, i am thinking for now ill just unplug everything underneath the hood (as far as the EGR and everything goes). But i was thinking about eventually purchasing the WC-Fab highflow bundle kit to properly get rid of everything underneath the hood. But as most know, the kit runs about $1600 so its not a small pill to swallow. Who all is running this kit? And is it really justifiable spending that much coin on it? It looks good under the hood, but i just wasn't sure how much else you gain past the personal satisfaction every time you popped the hood.

Any info would be appreciated!
logan2012brown likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 45 (permalink) Old 01-12-2020, 11:17 PM
DuramaxForum Fanatic

In my opinion, on a stock/ tune only truck you really are just doing it for looks. The amount you spend for what you gain isnt noticeable at all besides a very small drop in egts. That being said i had his full s400 kit on my old truck. Fit and finish was very nice and I was happy.
Attached Images

CDmax16 likes this.

"Flat Back Gorilla" Daily/Tow rig- 04 GMC Sierra LB7 CC Flatbed/Tune/Exhaust
"Empty Pockets" Race/Pulling truck- 2012 CCSB Cummins/Built Engine/
Full Billet 48RE Swap controlled by PCS2000/
B&M Ratchet shifter/Big fuel/Big air/Lowered

post #3 of 45 (permalink) Old 01-13-2020, 02:51 PM

I agree with Nic. For just a stock deleted truck it really depends on if you want to spend the money or not for mostly looks. I have a problem with not being able to leave s**t along so i got the piping kit along with a S300. Some of us aren't cool enough to throw a S400 in the bay.
Attached Images

2016 LML Denali 2500
Mcgaughy's 2" drop shackle
Bilstein 5100
22x10 American Force Flux black w machined or Toyos on OEM wheels. Depends on the day of the week
Wehrli S300 kit w/ 66mm SXE
Wehrli CP3 conversion 10mm stroker
Profab Manifold & Up-pipes
Stock Trans For Now
Stock Sticks For Now
Air Dog 165 4G
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 45 (permalink) Old 01-13-2020, 03:06 PM
DuramaxForum Fanatic

Some of us throw 2 there
eli_harper13 and CDmax16 like this.

"Flat Back Gorilla" Daily/Tow rig- 04 GMC Sierra LB7 CC Flatbed/Tune/Exhaust
"Empty Pockets" Race/Pulling truck- 2012 CCSB Cummins/Built Engine/
Full Billet 48RE Swap controlled by PCS2000/
B&M Ratchet shifter/Big fuel/Big air/Lowered

post #5 of 45 (permalink) Old 01-13-2020, 03:21 PM
DuramaxForum Guru

I say do the whole kit. And then you can upgrade later with minimal parts.
CDmax16 likes this.

Joe
2008 CCLB LMM
13.39 @ 99.44 W/ 1.76 60’
456 HP 925 TQ

2003 RCLB LB7 “UNDER CONSTRUCTION”
The life of my truck
Pics of my truck
post #6 of 45 (permalink) Old 01-13-2020, 03:52 PM
J83
DuramaxForum Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxedout3 View Post
Hi all, I just recently acquired a 2012 LML with 105k miles bone stock. I do believe the injection pump as been replaced, but i need to contact local dealer for more info. Anyways, in the near future i am going to tune it via Efi Live with Danville performance ECM/TCM tunes, 5" Flo-pro exhaust, and a fass. Anyways, i am thinking for now ill just unplug everything underneath the hood (as far as the EGR and everything goes). But i was thinking about eventually purchasing the WC-Fab highflow bundle kit to properly get rid of everything underneath the hood. But as most know, the kit runs about $1600 so its not a small pill to swallow. Who all is running this kit? And is it really justifiable spending that much coin on it? It looks good under the hood, but i just wasn't sure how much else you gain past the personal satisfaction every time you popped the hood.

Any info would be appreciated!

Just being honest here, i was not impressed with what WCF had to offer, however, it does look awfully shinny under the hood. I wont derail this thread with that experience though, if you want to read it, its one of very few posts started by me. you should be able to easily find it under my profile. Based on what your trying to do though, i think its overkill unless you plan for bigger upgrades down the road. Only reason i went Y bridge was because there were not parts available for my year at the time to do it differently (short of leaving the EGR on).

2015 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD 6.6L LML
post #7 of 45 (permalink) Old 01-13-2020, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverGorillaLML View Post
Some of us throw 2 there
Salt into the wound ehhhh

2016 LML Denali 2500
Bilstein 5100
22x10 American Force Flux black w machined or Toyos on OEM wheels. Depends on the day of the week
Stock Trans For Now
Stock Sticks For Now
Air Dog 165 4G
post #8 of 45 (permalink) Old 01-13-2020, 06:45 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for the input guys! I think when the time comes i will just leave everything under the hood (unplugged of course). I thought about maybe doing a drop in vgt of some sort to still retain the exhaust brake, and obviously if i ever did go that route i would get the piping kit as well. Not 100% sure my end goals with the truck, really not wanting to build trans or throw a ton of fuel at it. I would just do a mild charger on stock fuel for sure, but maybe a built trans as well but like i said im not sure. I don't want to get too deep into it (or that's my thought process now lol).
post #9 of 45 (permalink) Old 01-13-2020, 07:32 PM

Well for what its worth i did the S300 kit & 10mm CP3 stroker at one time. Still on stock injectors for now. Only thing i have is trans tuning & my trans is struggling. Daily driving is fine, but when its time to let the girl eat lets just say its embarrassing. Only thing this truck makes me miss about my ol ford 6.7 right now is the trans. Just be prepared to put a trans in that bad boy at any given time if you plan on uppin the ponies closer to the 600-650 mark. If it were me i would replace the CP4 with a sportman or even the 10mm stroker before i did a turbo on stock fuel.

2016 LML Denali 2500
Bilstein 5100
Stock Trans For Now
Stock Sticks For Now
Air Dog 165 4G
post #10 of 45 (permalink) Old 01-13-2020, 07:56 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by denarli6.6 View Post
Well for what its worth i did the S300 kit & 10mm CP3 stroker at one time. Still on stock injectors for now. Only thing i have is trans tuning & my trans is struggling. Daily driving is fine, but when its time to let the girl eat lets just say its embarrassing. Only thing this truck makes me miss about my ol ford 6.7 right now is the trans. Just be prepared to put a trans in that bad boy at any given time if you plan on uppin the ponies closer to the 600-650 mark. If it were me i would replace the CP4 with a sportman or even the 10mm stroker before i did a turbo on stock fuel.
I hear ya. The guy claims its got a fairly fresh injection pump in it. The gentleman that was the original owner was an older guy so i assume he didn't do a cp3 swap if it really does have a different pump. I am curious if it does, if its just another cp4 or if its the gen 2 cp4.2. But i need to go to dealer and give them the vin and see if i can find anything out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode