LML N/A with Rumble!!!??? - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
11-16 LML Performance Parts Discussion Discussion of Performance Parts For the 2011 to 2016 LML Duramax Trucks No Advertising

2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-20-2020, 08:35 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Question LML N/A with Rumble!!!???

Hello, so I currently have the Hiss tune. Very little rumble(randomly)usually when the truck is doing a VGT sweep. Anyways I was just told rumble is not available for LML?! I got the hiss sound. Only have rumble for a second or 2 (randomly) And I was asking my mechanic. He said they told him they won't do the rumble tune bc it changes the VGT and will cause you severe hesitation/dead spot at idle?!? SMH... Like how bad have you guys notice this type of situation? Like am I just going to be replacing the VGT sensor constantly(how many miles/times until???) Im so confused why? Is their not a way to bypass this headache? Thanks for helping me understand the situation?

16" LML LT BLACK HAMMER
5"Jamo
ANARCHY EFI LIVE
FASS165GPH/FASS HEATER
G&R SUMP
Block-off plates
INSIGHT EDGE CTS2
SPYDER AUTO TAILS
CougarMotor LEDs
Morimoto Fogs
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-20-2020, 01:20 PM
Duramax Lifetime Supporter

I have had a rumble tune on my LML for over 120,000 miles and have no issues. The only difference I noticed was in sound of the exhaust at idle. Good luck man!

2013 Silverado 2500HD LT
CC, SB, Z71
Torsion Bar Keys, N-FAB(6-step), Cognito UCA, AirDog II 165, EZ Lynk & PPEI tunes, aFe Mach Force XP 4" DP back ss no muffler, S&B CAI dry filter, EGR delete, CP3K swap, FabFours rear bumper, Toyo AT2 275/65R20 (factory wheels)
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-20-2020, 03:32 PM
DuramaxForum Fanatic

*cough cough*
Attached Images

NIC R
"Flat Back Gorilla" Daily/Tow rig- 04 GMC Sierra LB7 CC Flatbed/Tune/Exhaust
"Empty Pockets" Race/Pulling truck- 2012 CCSB Cummins/Built Engine/48RE Swap/PCS2000/
B&M Ratchet shifter/Big fuel/Big air/Lowered

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-20-2020, 04:14 PM

You have had a different experience I guess??

2013 Silverado 2500HD LT
CC, SB, Z71
Torsion Bar Keys, N-FAB(6-step), Cognito UCA, AirDog II 165, EZ Lynk & PPEI tunes, aFe Mach Force XP 4" DP back ss no muffler, S&B CAI dry filter, EGR delete, CP3K swap, FabFours rear bumper, Toyo AT2 275/65R20 (factory wheels)
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-20-2020, 04:45 PM
DuramaxForum Fanatic

Sorry, im saying that a rumble tune causing issues is bullshit. His tuner doesnt want to take the 3 minutes it would take to revise his tune set and send it back out. His mechanic doesnt know what hes talking about either if hes listening to them.
SheeB likes this.

NIC R
"Flat Back Gorilla" Daily/Tow rig- 04 GMC Sierra LB7 CC Flatbed/Tune/Exhaust
"Empty Pockets" Race/Pulling truck- 2012 CCSB Cummins/Built Engine/48RE Swap/PCS2000/
B&M Ratchet shifter/Big fuel/Big air/Lowered

post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-20-2020, 04:56 PM

Aahhh, yea I agree.

2013 Silverado 2500HD LT
CC, SB, Z71
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-20-2020, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverGorillaLML View Post
Sorry, im saying that a rumble tune causing issues is bullshit. His tuner doesnt want to take the 3 minutes it would take to revise his tune set and send it back out. His mechanic doesnt know what hes talking about either if hes listening to them.
I agree. Sorry just figured out how to quote a post using phone lol.

2013 Silverado 2500HD LT
CC, SB, Z71
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-20-2020, 06:27 PM
J83
DuramaxForum Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverGorillaLML View Post
Just to play devils advocate here, If the vanes are in the open position for the rumble tune at idle, then wouldent the vanes have to sweep all the way to almost closed every time you hit the gas? where as if you had a hiss tune, the vanes are already almost closed and dont need to sweep the whole range?

Im not saying the mechanic or tuner is right, just wondering if there is in fact NO difference, or just little difference between the two.

2015 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD 6.6L LML
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-20-2020, 07:50 PM

In my situation, I could not feel any difference in performance. I do like the hiss, but it gets old real quick... The rumble tune is much more every day friendly as far as noise. Just my opinion..
deez112 likes this.

2013 Silverado 2500HD LT
CC, SB, Z71
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-21-2020, 12:56 AM

Find if you can at this point a new tuner man, the rumble has no effect good or bad on taking off from an idle. It does sound much better than the hiss in my opinion though.

2008 LMM CCSB, EFI LIVE, EDGE INSIGHT CTS2 and EGT, 5" MagnaFlow straight pipe, 3" magnaflow down pipe,
Goerend Torque converter
FASS 150
Soon to be installed 68mm Stg2 from Danville, High Flow Manifolds and Up Pipes, Trans will be built by New Limit Motorsports
https://www.facebook.com/NewLimitMot..._BWhovYLhRy4Cw

http://www.bamaoffroad.com/
MORE TO COME

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode