Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

Truck won’t start

2K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  Jwaggonersr 
#1 ·
Yesterday I ran some errands and the truck was fine, went to take off from toll booth and I started to notice a decrease in power, got home then went to run another errand and when I went to start the truck it took a little longer to actually start.. about 5 mins in the drive I was at a stop light and my truck just died, tried starting but it wouldn’t turn over for a minute. Ended up getting her home and noticed my dads lift pump doesn’t sound when I turn the key.. anyone have any suggestions?

#2 ·
what lift pump is it? Some of them are "flow through" and some are not.

#4 ·
The only way to tell, is get it on a scanner and check the rail pressures. Could possibly be, that the CP4 went out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

#5 ·
When I change my filters if I dont refill them its just a bugger to start, Starting fluid in air box a small amount will tell you if its a no fuel issue if it starts. Not much is needed.

#7 ·
If your careful with its Use (Starting Fluid) it will be OK, Their are times that its use is Necessary without issue.

The LML heater does not get that hot like The Ones Located in the Plenum, You still will need to use caution, Its best to feather the starting fluid when cranking, You can also feel the Device for heat, its not like the 1/4 OTT cables are used to heat the element. If it was to get as hot as the plenum heaters get, those nuts would corrode off right in the intake.

rockn69 , Yes, if it can be avoided, but at times in the field its use is needed.

#9 ·
I may be inclined to pull the FPR on the cp4 and see if its got metal shavings on it.

#11 ·
That housing that your primer is on and filter screws too, has been known to suck air there is a rebuild kit for it. It usually leaks down overnight though. If you crank it over and press the primer bulb will it start?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.