LML Intercooler Pipes - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
11-16 LML Performance Parts Discussion Discussion of Performance Parts For the 2011 to 2016 LML Duramax Trucks No Advertising

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 116 (permalink) Old 04-09-2013, 08:42 PM Thread Starter
AWM

LML Intercooler Pipes

For those of you that have installed intercooler pipes on your LML, please point me in the right direction. Looking for the pair including the throttle body and grid heater delete. I have seen some issues arise on build threads and would like to avoid problems if possible.

LML
DELETED/REMOVED/RE-ROUTED
S&B/FASS/FLOPRO
CUSTOM TUNING BY KORY WILLIS
SYNTHETIC MOTORSPORTS
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 116 (permalink) Old 04-09-2013, 08:49 PM

Im also looking for Intercooler pipes, seen a few pics of the Trex pipes not fitting properly.

2011 GMC Sierra 2500HD LML EC/SB Black/Tan
H&S Mini Maxx / S&B Intake / 5" Flo-Pro / FASS 150 Ti / Nictane / DE Downpipe / Cognito UCA's / Pitman-Idler Braces / XD Spy's / Sleeved / Blocked / Re-Routed / T-Rex Boost Pipes Manifolds Up Pipes & EGR Delete / 295/70/17 Dynapro ATM

2007 GMC Sierra Classic 2500HD LBZ CC/SB Blue/Grey
Banks Ram-Air Intake / Monster Exhaust / Banks IQ And Economind Tuner (100hp)
Trans Go Jr / EGR Delete / PCV Reroute / 285/75/16 DynaPro ATM Rollin Stock / Carbon Dash With Cubby Mount
post #3 of 116 (permalink) Old 04-10-2013, 12:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWM View Post
For those of you that have installed intercooler pipes on your LML, please point me in the right direction. Looking for the pair including the throttle body and grid heater delete. I have seen some issues arise on build threads and would like to avoid problems if possible.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LMLDirtyMax View Post
Im also looking for Intercooler pipes, seen a few pics of the Trex pipes not fitting properly.
I've had no issues putting mine in. There are a couple build threads I looked at to help me when I got stuck but the install is very easy.

2013 GMC 2500 HD
Power: S&B Intake, Flo Pro 5 inch, Diamond Eye 3 inch DP, Mini Maxx, AirDog II 165, Trex-Tech Pass/Driver 3'' intercooler pipes
Suspension: MA Tie Rod sleeves, Fabtech steering stabilizer

2009 BMW M3
Dinan under drive pulley, Dinan stage 2 intake, Dinan stage 2 software, Gintani catless xpipe, Gintani Race mufflers, 3.62 final drive
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 116 (permalink) Old 04-10-2013, 05:20 AM Thread Starter
AWM

Quote:
I've had no issues putting mine in. There are a couple build threads I looked at to help me when I got stuck but the install is very easy.
They look great.
Who is the manufacturer?
Where did you buy them?
Did you custom order the color or powder coat yourself?

LML
S&B/FASS/FLOPRO
SYNTHETIC MOTORSPORTS
post #5 of 116 (permalink) Old 04-10-2013, 05:27 AM
Duramax Lifetime Supporter

Quote:
They look great.
Who is the manufacturer?
Where did you buy them?
Did you custom order the color or powder coat yourself?
Custom Work

About half way down that page you will see the IC pipes.

'15.5 DENALI LML
| 6" FabTech | Deleted | PPEI |

My Build Thread
post #6 of 116 (permalink) Old 04-10-2013, 05:33 AM Thread Starter
AWM

Quote:
About half way down that page you will see the IC pipes.
Thanks Sting. I have already talked to Trex. Seems like there have been some issues and I wanted to make sure that was the right way to go. Didn't you have to replace a pipe with a different manufacturer due to vibration?

LML
S&B/FASS/FLOPRO
SYNTHETIC MOTORSPORTS
post #7 of 116 (permalink) Old 04-10-2013, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Thanks Sting. I have already talked to Trex. Seems like there have been some issues and I wanted to make sure that was the right way to go. Didn't you have to replace a pipe with a different manufacturer due to vibration?
That vibration issue is due to people installing it wrong. If you do not push it into the boot or angle it the right way it will hit/rub the booster which will cause the vibration. This happened to me but I just re-angle it and shoved it into the boot a little more.

2013 GMC 2500 HD
Power: S&B Intake, Flo Pro 5 inch, Diamond Eye 3 inch DP, Mini Maxx, AirDog II 165, Trex-Tech Pass/Driver 3'' intercooler pipes
Suspension: MA Tie Rod sleeves, Fabtech steering stabilizer

2009 BMW M3
Dinan under drive pulley, Dinan stage 2 intake, Dinan stage 2 software, Gintani catless xpipe, Gintani Race mufflers, 3.62 final drive
post #8 of 116 (permalink) Old 04-10-2013, 02:47 PM
Duramax Lifetime Supporter

Skoot is probably right. However, I did not get the correct boots from ADP/Trex when I did mine, and this I believe is the cause of my issues. I've been too lazy to do the replacement with the MBRP's

'15.5 DENALI LML
| 6" FabTech | Deleted | PPEI |

My Build Thread
post #9 of 116 (permalink) Old 04-10-2013, 08:39 PM
DuramaxForum Veteran

mine was made by calvin at trex tech. i got the one that keeps the heater grid and whatnot, this way you can use it on an un tuned truck and i believe it helps in cold weather areas but nobody knows

2013 gmc sierra 2500hd
SDP 3" Y bridge, 5" intake. DRP S475/stock charger kit. fleece powerflow750 4"downpipe and charge pipes. drp driver side charge pipe, drp fuel sump
5" mbrp full dp back straight exhaust, mbrp 5-6" tip, fass150 titanium. all egr system removed. pcv re route, ppe manifolds and up pipes, custom tunes by kory, efi live
fuel throttle 20x10 wheels on 35x12.5's. zone shocks, ZONE 5" lift turned down for flat cvs.
cognito PISkit. rough country tie rod sleeves,
bds ladder traction bars, removed side mouldings. home made rbp grill, home made spyder head rack
post #10 of 116 (permalink) Old 04-10-2013, 08:40 PM
DuramaxForum Veteran

forgot to post a pic with my comment haha
Attached Images

2013 gmc sierra 2500hd
SDP 3" Y bridge, 5" intake. DRP S475/stock charger kit. fleece powerflow750 4"downpipe and charge pipes. drp driver side charge pipe, drp fuel sump
5" mbrp full dp back straight exhaust, mbrp 5-6" tip, fass150 titanium. all egr system removed. pcv re route, ppe manifolds and up pipes, custom tunes by kory, efi live
fuel throttle 20x10 wheels on 35x12.5's. zone shocks, ZONE 5" lift turned down for flat cvs.
cognito PISkit. rough country tie rod sleeves,
bds ladder traction bars, removed side mouldings. home made rbp grill, home made spyder head rack
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode