Long term motor ops dpf delete tunes review - Page 3 - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
11-16 LML Performance Parts Discussion Discussion of Performance Parts For the 2011 to 2016 LML Duramax Trucks No Advertising

4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 29 (permalink) Old 09-21-2019, 09:57 PM
Duramax Lifetime Supporter

Stock intake with Donaldson filter. Yes, opened the fender well and no blockage. Thanks for the reply D_R_C!

Kenneth a.k.a. lockcop 2007.5 LMM 2500HD ECSB 4 Wheel Drive
EFI AutoCal by Idaho Rob; DSP5 Switch In Power Port; Edge CTS2 with Pyro; Deviant Trans Lines from Alligator Performance; PPE Deep Trans + Oil Pan (TRANSYND), AFE Differential Cover + Trans Cooler from XDP; FASS T95 Lift Pump from Synthetic Motorsports; XD Tie Rods + Fumoto Valve from the DMAX STORE; ; POWERSTOP Z36 Drilled + Slotted;TIMBREN Suspension Enhancement System; Quad LED Fog Lights; OWENS diamond plate running boards; AERO 52 GAL Tank; Turbo Brake w/switch and light; Amsoil 20-50 Dominator Oil; Schaeffer Moly Grease, + Gear Lube; Temp Sensors In Oil Pan + Rear Diff; Dorman PS Cooler; Flowtie Emblem
Arizona Diesel Club #11
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 29 (permalink) Old 09-21-2019, 11:17 PM
DuramaxForum Fanatic

Having the CTS2 whatís your MAF g/s readings idling ? 35-40 is decent for a paper filter.
What I have there ainít no lag, when it gets down to about 38 g/s Iíll put in a clean filter.
Believe this or not, knowing the readings with a new filter when they drop about 5 g/s itís about time to put a new filter in.
Back in the day most of the time Rob dialed in his tuning with a aftermarket intake.
Attached Images

Dan
2007.5 GMC Sierra 3500 SRW L.B."BLACK" C.C. 4X4 LMM Z71
DIY stock airbox mod, aFe ProGuard 7, OEM drop-in
EFILive ECM ATP - Heavy Tow Tune with Turbo Brake.
EFILive TCM Duramax Tuner
DHD Cold Side High Flow Intake Pipe
DHD PCV Re-Route
AirDog 4G100

2007 Yukon Denail "BLACK" 6.2 gasser
DIY stock AirBox Mod, K&N, Airaid intake, EFILive TCM only tuning
post #23 of 29 (permalink) Old 09-22-2019, 12:01 PM

Mine was 39 average at start-up and then went lower as she warmed up.
Attached Images

EFI AutoCal by Idaho Rob; DSP5 Switch In Power Port; Edge CTS2 with Pyro; Deviant Trans Lines from Alligator Performance; PPE Deep Trans + Oil Pan (TRANSYND), AFE Differential Cover + Trans Cooler from XDP; FASS T95 Lift Pump from Synthetic Motorsports; XD Tie Rods + Fumoto Valve from the DMAX STORE; ; POWERSTOP Z36 Drilled + Slotted;TIMBREN Suspension Enhancement System; Quad LED Fog Lights; OWENS diamond plate running boards; AERO 52 GAL Tank; Turbo Brake w/switch and light; Amsoil 20-50 Dominator Oil; Schaeffer Moly Grease, + Gear Lube; Temp Sensors In Oil Pan + Rear Diff; Dorman PS Cooler; Flowtie Emblem
Arizona Diesel Club #11
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 29 (permalink) Old 09-22-2019, 12:07 PM
DuramaxForum Fanatic

It's normal for it to drop a little at operating temps, 39 is pretty good cold for a paper filter.
Monitoring MAF g/s is like having a filterminder the good part is you don't have to pop the hood to view it, but its 100,000% more accurate.

Dan
DHD PCV Re-Route
AirDog 4G100

post #25 of 29 (permalink) Old 09-22-2019, 12:33 PM

Thanks D_R_C! Had one of them fancy air filters but it didn't seal and allowed dirt in the intake. Had to clean the MAF it was soo bad.

Arizona Diesel Club #11
post #26 of 29 (permalink) Old 10-04-2019, 08:16 AM

Can anyone that has commented update the mileage they have on the tune? what tune do you run? and if you have had problems?

Iam close to pulling the trigger and looking for long term feedback.

Thank you!
post #27 of 29 (permalink) Old 10-04-2019, 08:24 AM

Long term motor ops dpf delete tunes review

Quote:
Originally Posted by jde5353 View Post
Can anyone that has commented update the mileage they have on the tune? what tune do you run? and if you have had problems?

Thank you!

Iíve been running the deleted 150hp race tune for over 140,000 miles with no issues related to the tune. Iíve kept the cat on for noise and drone reduction and because Iíve been too lazy to pull the crossmember to swap out with a cat delete pipe.

240,000 miles and still runs like a champ!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2011 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 HD LTZ Crewcab Duramax/Allison
DPF Delete, MotorOps Tuning, Corsa Muffler
5000K HID Light Kit, Fass 150 Lift Pump
305/55/20 Cooper Zeon LTZ
post #28 of 29 (permalink) Old 10-04-2019, 09:44 AM
DuramaxForum Fanatic

Mileage gains for me 0.
If you only looking for mileage gains, I think youíll be disappointed, I know I was.
Heavy tow tunes approx 30-40hp, I do have motor ops heavy tow tuning, Iím currently running ATP.
I have 4 different EFI tuners tunes all heavy tow, no difference with mileage all the same 0 gains.

Dan
DHD PCV Re-Route
AirDog 4G100

post #29 of 29 (permalink) Old 10-04-2019, 03:04 PM
J83
DuramaxForum Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by jde5353 View Post

Thank you!
i dont have the kinds of miles on my tune that these other guys do but im happy with it at about 15K so far. i did pick up quite a bit of MPG improvement, however the truck was only getting mid teens to start with, so i suspect the DPF was restricted or there was some other issue that was limiting the trucks performance, and the tune just removed the issue. my current 62 mile average is around 22-23 on the highway, and my best is 24. With city driving im usually around the 17 mark, but i have what i have been told is a lead foot....

2015 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD 6.6L LML
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode