Cp3 conversion installed, photos and info included. - Page 35 - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
11-16 LML Performance Parts Discussion Discussion of Performance Parts For the 2011 to 2016 LML Duramax Trucks No Advertising

20Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #341 of 343 (permalink) Old 03-07-2019, 04:21 PM

Good question. I would not think that it would matter if it is deleted or not. I believe the only sensor that is on the CP3 and 4 measures the rate of fuel coming out. Unless the signal is different between the 2, and the computer needs be adjusted.

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk

2018 Chevy Silverado 3500HD LT.
2007.5 Chevy Silverado 2500HD LT. Anarchy tune running on +50hp. 4" MBRP quiet tone exhaust. EGR fell out after being almost 100% plugged (Traded).
2004.5, 2007.5, 2015 Ram Cummins (Traded).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #342 of 343 (permalink) Old 03-12-2019, 11:48 AM

For those of you have already installed the cp3. Did you keep the factory fuel filter ? Or did you get rid of it. I will be ordering the cp3 from fleece in a few days and wanted to know how the truck ran using the factory fuel filter. Any info would be great. I’m sure I’ll be relying on this thread for the install.

White 2012 2500HD LTZ Crew cab Short bed, 5" Mbrp W/O Muffler down pipe back,PPEI by Kory Willis,Rhino Lining,Diamond Eye DownPipe,FASS Titnium Series 165gph, Wehrli Custom Fab Intake bundle EGR Delete, PCV-reroute

GarrettHeyyaa
post #343 of 343 (permalink) Old 03-13-2019, 08:30 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dm23 View Post
For those of you have already installed the cp3. Did you keep the factory fuel filter ? Or did you get rid of it. I will be ordering the cp3 from fleece in a few days and wanted to know how the truck ran using the factory fuel filter. Any info would be great. Iím sure Iíll be relying on this thread for the install.

I replaced my factory filter with a bowl delete from XDP. I havenít experienced any issues by not having a filter at the factory fuel filter head but for peace of mind I am considering putting the factory filter back on or adding the CAT fuel filter adapter kit to the factory filter head. At the time I wanted it deleted so that it was one less filter to change but it makes more sense to just leave it on for extra filtration.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2013 GMC 2500 Denali HD
PPEI tuned
5" AFE exhaust
AirDog II 4G 165
S&S sportsman cp3
CTS2
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode