2015 deleting - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
11-16 LML Performance Parts Discussion Discussion of Performance Parts For the 2011 to 2016 LML Duramax Trucks No Advertising

5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 123 (permalink) Old 12-06-2014, 02:51 PM Thread Starter

2015 deleting

hey guys, I just have a few questions for those of you who have deleted your 2015's. My father inlaw and myself are both coming from H&S deleted 2012's which ran amazing.... only ran the 50HP tunes. no need for extra HP. Just simply deleting for reliability and the ability to idle in our lovely winters up here. Plus our mileage is complete garbage on these 2015s

Iam new with EFI live products and don't really know a lot about them however we are to the point where we want to delete. How do these EFI live setups work exactly? are they like a typical hand held that you plug into the OBD2? also I presume a set of A-pillar gauges would be on the list too as theirs no digital displays like H&S? Again we'd be more than happy with stock HP numbers and a little bit better mileage, just want to get rid of this emissions crap again, we were too spoiled with our 2012s

2015 GMC 3500 dually SLT, bronze alloy metallic, fully loaded, cocoa dune interior, goodyear duratracs w/ fuel throttle wheels

2012 GMC Denali Duramax Dually, boxliner, 6" oval steps, H&S mini-max tuner, full dpf/urea delete, MBRP 4" duals (sold!)

2004 silverado duramax LT, 6" procomp lift, 37" nitto trail grapplers, 20" black hoss rims, Autometer A-pillar boost/pyro guages, diablo predator tuner, custom made rear/front bumpers, custom headache rack, (SOLD)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 123 (permalink) Old 12-06-2014, 03:25 PM
DuramaxForum Enthusiast

Look under the forum tab and go down to synthetic motorsports under "vendor" section. Hit up willy, erick, and travis. Very knowledgeable and can price a kit for you. Get a price for a efi live Autocal that plugs in just like you referenced. You need the EGR delete plates and an exhaust kit. 4in for a little aggressiveness, or 5 in for a louder sound. A lift pump is needed for higher tunes but not necessary for the 30 or 60hp tune. The EDGE insite is what you want to monitor the truck. You will love the difference

South Florida GMC
2011 GMC LML CCLB SLT DRW 4x4
285/75/R17 B & W turnover ball
Antitheft hose clamp installed on tailgate hinge
109,000 first cp4 replaced along with most of fuel system Airdog 165 added + Stanadyne Summer Formula
GM DRW Member #256
"The NOx Sensor is on the way out when you drive it out of the lot"
post #3 of 123 (permalink) Old 12-06-2014, 03:26 PM

Don't have a 2015 but would suggest an autocal (EFI Live) from a reputable tuner such as Kory (PPEI). From what I've read their delete tunes are awesome for a 2015 and will be who I go with when my 15 arrives. As far as gauges I would suggest the edge cts insight. They work great and can view all kinds of things and I prefer this over analog gauges. Hope I could help and Happy Shopping!!!

2008 2500hd duramax-5% tint all around-22x10 Recon SS American Force wrappend with 305/45/22 nitto 420s-edge cts insight-EFI'd-10 in kickers-kicker amp-alpine navigation-egr delete- 4 in turbo back- turbo res plugged- 8000k hids hi lo
DMAXSTORE.com Your Duramax Diesel-Only Shopping Resource
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 123 (permalink) Old 12-06-2014, 03:41 PM
DuramaxForum Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pressure_welder View Post
just want to get rid of this emissions crap again, we were too spoiled with our 2012s
I remember you posted about this a while back. Mine is killing me too. Ironically though, with the cold temps, the regens are back up to almost 700 km.

DPF/SCR technology summarized in three words: It doesn't work.
post #5 of 123 (permalink) Old 12-06-2014, 04:14 PM
DuramaxForum Enthusiast

Absolutely what dmaxblack said, Synthetic motorsports sells Kory from ppei's tunes on their Autocal.

South Florida GMC
2011 GMC LML CCLB SLT DRW 4x4
285/75/R17 B & W turnover ball
Antitheft hose clamp installed on tailgate hinge
109,000 first cp4 replaced along with most of fuel system Airdog 165 added + Stanadyne Summer Formula
GM DRW Member #256
"The NOx Sensor is on the way out when you drive it out of the lot"
post #6 of 123 (permalink) Old 12-06-2014, 04:45 PM Thread Starter

thanks for the replies fellas. SO basically our best bet would be an edge insight for monitoring, and then the autocal EFI live from Kory. Definatly just looking for a basic setup plug and play, just a little trigger shy with possibly switching to EFI as far as reliability goes, H&S treated us so well never a single hiccup, however I know from many posts on here that Kory's EFI tunes are some of the safest/bullet proof out there for the duramax

2015 GMC 3500 dually SLT, bronze alloy metallic, fully loaded, cocoa dune interior, goodyear duratracs w/ fuel throttle wheels

2012 GMC Denali Duramax Dually, boxliner, 6" oval steps, H&S mini-max tuner, full dpf/urea delete, MBRP 4" duals (sold!)

2004 silverado duramax LT, 6" procomp lift, 37" nitto trail grapplers, 20" black hoss rims, Autometer A-pillar boost/pyro guages, diablo predator tuner, custom made rear/front bumpers, custom headache rack, (SOLD)
post #7 of 123 (permalink) Old 12-06-2014, 04:52 PM

I just ordered my Autocal with Kory's tunes from Willie at Synthetic Motorsports. Him and Travis were both very helpful. That would be my recommendation.

2015 Silverado 2500HD LTZ Z71, 20x9+18 XD Battalion, Terra Grappler 275/65R20, T-Rex Bumper Grille, Full Delete, PPEI SOTF tunes, AirDog II 4G, Insight CTS, S&B CAI, Exergy CP3, HSP Tubing, Morimoto HID/Fogs, CST 3-6" set at 3.5", MBRP 304SS
post #8 of 123 (permalink) Old 12-06-2014, 04:57 PM

I deleted my 15 in August at about 900 miles. Night and day difference. Got EFILive and a 5 in flo-pro through Erick(Konahoss) at Synthetic. I like it waaaaay better than my deleted 08 that had a Quadzilla Stelath II. The power is nice and smooth and barely any smoke. Highly recommended. Slowly building the truck cuz I'm married with kids now but gauges and lift pump are on the to-do list.

Now: 2020 Silverado 1500
Sold: 2018 Colorado
Sold: 2015 Silverado 2500
Sold: 2008 Silverado 2500
post #9 of 123 (permalink) Old 12-09-2014, 09:21 AM

2015 deleting

Quote:
Originally Posted by pressure_welder View Post
thanks for the replies fellas. SO basically our best bet would be an edge insight for monitoring, and then the autocal EFI live from Kory. Definatly just looking for a basic setup plug and play, just a little trigger shy with possibly switching to EFI as far as reliability goes, H&S treated us so well never a single hiccup, however I know from many posts on here that Kory's EFI tunes are some of the safest/bullet proof out there for the duramax

I deleted my previous 15 the day after I bought it with 250 miles on it. Mbrp down pipe, FLO-pro 4", fass 150, and kory Willis 200 tune. I absolutely loved it. I put 15k miles on it in the 3 months I owned it and not a single hiccup. I ran into my problems when I went to put it back to stock. All of which were simple easy fixes. I recommend his tubing to any and everyone. Their customer service is outstanding as well. I'm deleting my new 15.5 this next weekend with tuning again and will lyk if something changes or any problems occur.

(Edit) and yes I would recommend the insight as well. I ran mine to display the expandable pyro to monitor egt's pre turbo, fuel rail pressure, boost, and tc lockup. Very helpful!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
post #10 of 123 (permalink) Old 12-12-2014, 07:23 PM Thread Starter

Had a chance to chat with a new diesel performance guy with a great rep here locally. He has been deleting with Korys autocal since 2012 with great success for both those looking for high HP or simply the ability to delete and get some mpg back. I have the truck booked into my dealer to see if theirs anythig actually wrong that's causing this horrible mileage.... I basically told him if you don't find anything all that emissions crap is as good as gone. Our diesel perforamnce guy is pricing out korys autocal, edge insight with egt probe, and 4" flo pro. Well be running the lowest tune. Long story short I really doubt our dealer is going to find that magical mileage switch when they scan it, best part is my wife said we may as well delete the truck and start enjoying it like we did our old Denali !
TG GMC likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode